Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
swalkington
WA, 401 posts
27 Feb 2012 10:28AM
Thumbs Up

There was the odd one out the front here bakesy. But with the forecast I was expecting much better. So too was half of Perth who seemed to have made the journey south! There was a Tuesday morning back in Jan that was just off it's nut big barrels and shape was pretty good. I posted some pics of it here taken with my i phone. Strange thing was the forecast for that day was exactly the same as yesterdays forecast. Just shows the weaknesses in forecasting hey.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
27 Feb 2012 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

A certain beachie north of there was not as bad as I thought it would be

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
27 Feb 2012 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg point on Sun morning was not that bad..It wasn't epic but the point itself had a few big waves roll through that were very nice. I sat one brake down and had a great time. Small runners and eventually built a bit bigger and spent the rest of the time practicing late takes offs and getting smashed inside. Actually pulled into a couple of nice cover up that held for a bit before dropping. Even managed on a one to get picked up and pulled back over the lip for a second drop

2 hours of closeouts though now I'm kinda sore..

Was friendly and mellow untill a short boarder paddled out full of hate for the lidders, or anyone younger than him..Shame for him mostly as the rest just giggled and enjoyed the show..

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
29 Feb 2012 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

Heads up

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
1 Mar 2012 7:44AM
Thumbs Up

Heads down

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
2 Mar 2012 4:50PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like we are going to get a hint of swell this weekend

Zuke
901 posts
2 Mar 2012 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

We did today

PS: I think it's time that more people post pics, I'm sure bakesy and I are not the only ones who surf.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
2 Mar 2012 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Ended up taking a drive yesterday and did better than I thought we would. Pretty consistent waist to chest with four of us out and offshore. Could've been worse.

Got bogged 'cos I was using a borrowed 4b and thought I had it in 4L and it was in 2L.
Standing there cursing poxy lightweight Gutluxes when one of the boys says "Why aren't the front wheels turning?"
KOOK!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
3 Mar 2012 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

doggie said...

We did today

PS: I think it's time that more people post pics, I'm sure bakesy and I are not the only ones who surf.

Mate if I could get out of this f@#king office I would

Zuke
901 posts
3 Mar 2012 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ should be nice and clean for the rest of the long weekend doggie. The frequency was 14 and that gave the small swell some push.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
3 Mar 2012 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

zuke, have you got any photos of the right from a different angle like looking into the barrel. keen to see em if ya do.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
4 Mar 2012 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed a really fun ledge in the lefties region this morning was pretty chockas everywhere but this joint was empty. One other bloke paddled out after us. Was pretty good, pics tomorrow.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
4 Mar 2012 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from LBB... surfed with doggie

Was about shoulder to occasional head high at 8am with wave after wave, but a bit too fast and most were closing out after 10-20m... by 10:30am even though the tide had filled in it was an inconsistent and lumpy waist to very rare shoulder high.

Some of the smaller fun ones held up, but the 15kt+ NNE - NNW was doing it's best to ruin them...

It was good to get back in the water after 4-5wks of nothing... and a bonus to see a Dolphin and calf only 2m away.

Oh and it was ridiculously packed by 10:00am - I reckon we had 10 cars pass us heading in on the track as we strapped the boards on... it was grid-lock there for a few minutes!

Zuke
901 posts
4 Mar 2012 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

zuke, have you got any photos of the right from a different angle like looking into the barrel. keen to see em if ya do.

No I don't, I usually take a quick photo at anchor before hopping in. I might try next time I'm out there, when it's big it sucks dry about 2' below the ledge at the peak. Very intimidating!

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
4 Mar 2012 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

swalkington said...

No I don't, I usually take a quick photo at anchor before hopping in. I might try next time I'm out there, when it's big it sucks dry about 2' below the ledge at the peak. Very intimidating!

is it a long wave? (sorry for all the questions)

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
5 Mar 2012 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Did the north metro run between Nth Mullaloo and Sth Trigg... nothing to get excited about. Trigg was so straight third car park was all but un-rideable... Point Packed was well - packed!

Got despo and went out at Mettams rights on the 9.1 - got a reasonable right, but still a bit too rocky for my liking, so paddled over to the left which I have not surfed for 15+ years... 22 of us waiting for shoulder high fatties... 4 to a wave. If you can accept that it's a fat party wave and there's nothing else going it was a bit of fun.

Bloke with a fancy watch said the water temp was 23.5 - which was nice.

EDIT - red thumb for a metro report - you gotta be kidding...

Swiftpanda
1 posts
5 Mar 2012 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Went out to Trigg Point at first light and there was the odd ok one coming through and holding, pretty packed though.

Mitts46
WA, 104 posts
5 Mar 2012 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Great weekend with the south west delivering

Zuke
901 posts
5 Mar 2012 7:21PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ I was watching the graphs for down south and it looked like it would have been a great long weekend!

Zuke
901 posts
5 Mar 2012 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

Zuke said...

swalkington said...

is it a long wave? (sorry for all the questions)

Long enough to put a on my face.

Look at the pics and decide for your self. I'm sure we all have our own/different ideas on that.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
5 Mar 2012 9:44PM
Thumbs Up

Couple of pics from the weekend.

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
5 Mar 2012 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

Mitts46 said...

Great weekend with the south west delivering

I'm with you Mitts, great weekend. Certainly crowded , although quiet in other spots. sick conditions, bring on the next couple of months!

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
5 Mar 2012 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

and....

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
5 Mar 2012 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

and...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
6 Mar 2012 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

Wedge yesterday was busy, cars on beach looked more like peek hour but water was lovely and were i surfed there was no one else. Spent a lot of time pushing in kids and they had a great time. The water out the back was just unreal. I haven't had water so clear and glassed of for some time and paddling around all the sting rays was choice..

Not bad surf but there were better spots on the beach. Bit straight wallie and dropping but just a pleasure.

Tying up 6 boards on roof and a full car sucked and I'm yet to vaccie out the sand from car

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
6 Mar 2012 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

Got out at surf beach a few times over the weekend. There wasn't much on in the way of size but shape wise it actually wasn't too bad. There were a few fun ones on offer with nice glassy conditions all weekend.

The crowds however were pretty mental, and there was a small group of older blokes (late 40's) on longboards causing absolute chaos in the lineup through a number of collisions and near misses. I saw one bloke in particular ding two boards in separate incidents through a combination of dropping in and then kicking his board out. I saw the same bloke ding a 3rd kids board the following morning. They were obviously new to surfing, and entitled to enjoy the ocean as much as anyone, but wouldn't it be nice if these great big logs were sold with a brief guide to surf safety and etiquette?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
6 Mar 2012 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

LateStarter said...

Got out at surf beach a few times over the weekend. There wasn't much on in the way of size but shape wise it actually wasn't too bad. There were a few fun ones on offer with nice glassy conditions all weekend.

The crowds however were pretty mental, and there was a small group of older blokes (late 40's) on longboards causing absolute chaos in the lineup through a number of collisions and near misses. I saw one bloke in particular ding two boards in separate incidents through a combination of dropping in and then kicking his board out. I saw the same bloke ding a 3rd kids board the following morning. They were obviously new to surfing, and entitled to enjoy the ocean as much as anyone, but wouldn't it be nice if these great big logs were sold with a brief guide to surf safety and etiquette?

Thats getting into Kite & SUP territory there

Zuke
901 posts
8 Mar 2012 9:13AM
Thumbs Up

Surf's up! But find a reefy because the beaches are straight. The Point had a bit of size.

Sham1984
VIC, 415 posts
8 Mar 2012 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

beaches were very straight

i jumped in a mettams for a quick 40 minute paddle.. was pretty shallow but got a couple of waves!

was sitting a bit further north than most of the longboarders/superss. so probably a bit rocky where i was

Mitts46
WA, 104 posts
8 Mar 2012 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Perth reefs were the go today! Scarbs was average

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie