Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
23 Mar 2012 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

****ing 200km round trip looking for a wave today.
****!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
23 Mar 2012 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

****!

Wait young grasshopper, tomorrow is the day

Sham1984
VIC, 415 posts
23 Mar 2012 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Meanwhile water visibility was great! Had a good dive today!

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
23 Mar 2012 4:01PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

subasurf said...

****!

Wait young grasshopper, tomorrow is the day

Fingers crossed. Been a ****ing hectic busy week and haven't even really been able to give my new board a bash yet. The girlie had all her 5hit stolen out of the car yesterday to by a pack of snoobabs at Leighton which is why we were so desperate for a wave this morning to surf away our sorrows! haha

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
23 Mar 2012 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

I did nearly 400k's got a wave but it was hard work. Came home to an out there looking set of fins from Hanalei Fin Systems in the post. Will put up some pics in a bit. Very interested to see how these things go.

shunter
WA, 441 posts
23 Mar 2012 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

I drove 3.5 km return and snuck in sneaky paddle and even snagged a couple of knee high peelers at da point before picking the kids up from school. Crystal clear warm water sunshine and the opportunity to roll the arms over... **** waves but nice been in the water and finding the lower limits of surf ability of the 5'10 for the plus 110kg club.

cheers

Sham1984
VIC, 415 posts
24 Mar 2012 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

Went north. Strong offshore early with nice shape. Shoulder high sets.

Built up a bit more and glassed off just before lunch.

Very enjoyable 4 he session. Spent

Zuke
901 posts
24 Mar 2012 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Surfed a known left after the 'breeze swung, it was quite good and very ripable. Only one other out so the crowd factor was good.

Sorry for the pic of the lid but it gives you an idea of size.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
24 Mar 2012 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

meanwhile I replaced the brakes on my car and did a standard service.....you win.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
24 Mar 2012 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

got back yesterday after 3 days down south watching the circus.
Got the box empty for a couple hours until I snapped my board and another well known tube machine a bit north the next day totally empty! I love life at the moment

Mitts46
WA, 104 posts
24 Mar 2012 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

South west was firing yesterday and today. Gas bay yesterday was near perfect and bears today, I'm going home a happy vegimite.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
26 Mar 2012 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

bulk swell for next onwards weekend forecast!! happy days

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
26 Mar 2012 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

I hope you're talking about Perth...

Zuke
901 posts
29 Mar 2012 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

Did the early this morning, nice little wave at Trigg if you know where to look. Light offshore and clean. The Point was getting busy by the time I left, glad I wasn't there.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
29 Mar 2012 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Did the early this morning, nice little wave at Trigg if you know where to look. Light offshore and clean. The Point was getting busy by the time I left, glad I wasn't there.

I surfed just of the point and it was going off. But yeah loads of guys and it was mental at times.

Water was nice but definitely time for a board change...

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
29 Mar 2012 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

3 hours at the point today before the crowd factor go too much. Shot up about a KM north and had a better wave more or less to myself...

essay due tomorrow...bad timing

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
29 Mar 2012 4:09PM
Thumbs Up

Buster fin said...

swalkington said...

I hope you're talking about Perth...

perth never has bulk swell.
(only at the cott pub sunday sesh)

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
30 Mar 2012 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like we might just get some bank creating storms soon, please please please

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
31 Mar 2012 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

seemed like everyone was out this morning on the hunt, pretty solid swell down here, so most got a few. If you look closely at the first pic it's a kneelo, thought I was the only one in the village happy 40th to Smicko, here's my present mate

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
31 Mar 2012 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I knew Toddy was headed your way this morning, no doubt the mongrel will be rubbing it in tonight. I wasn't gonna push for a leave pass this morning Lise has been flat chat for a couple of weeks organizing this bash tonight.
Looks like it was nice though, and thanks for the bday wishes.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
31 Mar 2012 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

yeah mick, he got the best of it too, out at 6am in at 9, would suggest that monday a certain spot down here will be epic, needs a huge swell and handles a bit of onshore, i've got a parent/teacher night of course so can't do it but it'd be worth a look, that is if you're fully recovered

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
31 Mar 2012 2:13PM
Thumbs Up

Absolute pliss on a nice beachie, even after the wind swung, still some sizable bombs to tear apart. Not bad way to celebrate your birthday :-)

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
31 Mar 2012 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Not sure where you went Suba, but the northern beaches/reefs were either very ordinary or completely packed out....

Had two separate reports of 70+ out at Tom's and even more at Mettams

I chose to wait for the shift change and went out at a novelty reef for an hour just as the wind swung. Wasn't the only person with that idea!! Very ordinary...

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
31 Mar 2012 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

Just had to walk a bit to find a decent spot. Seriously wasn't that packed at all, was maybe sharing the bank with 4 others, tops, at any given time.

newguy
654 posts
31 Mar 2012 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Absolute pliss on a nice beachie, even after the wind swung, still some sizable bombs to tear apart. Not bad way to celebrate your birthday :-)

Happy Birthday mate! Hope you got more waves than me. Felt like an absolute kook today Hate crowds, it's like a free for all when you err on the side of caution and pull out. Then when you're on waves people drop in on you

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
31 Mar 2012 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Ok guys here's a couple from the east coast Wednesday.
This where us old longboarders surf

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
31 Mar 2012 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

newguy said...

Happy Birthday mate! Hope you got more waves than me. Felt like an absolute kook today Hate crowds, it's like a free for all when you err on the side of caution and pull out. Then when you're on waves people drop in on you

Cheers dude. I had an absolute ripper today and was genuinely surprised that we werent all shoulder to shoulder. Most of the waves became close outs but it seamed like every 3rd of the set waves came in nicely. Plenty of lefts and rights for everyone.

There was a pro photographer there shooting our little group of guys so I'm praying he got some good snaps.

SP
10979 posts
31 Mar 2012 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Never looked in this thread. Doh

Looks like you got some waves today, good stuff, hope there was a few single fins being ridden in memory of MP.

So here's a few photos from when the asp circus was in town a few weeks ago.

Wasn't great for the omp, mainly a shorey but the week before was the photos I put up a while ago

Week before

nutsy
WA, 45 posts
31 Mar 2012 9:22PM
Thumbs Up

GO DOCKERS!!!

Oh yeah surf was crowded and dissapointing. And i wasnt even surfing in perth!!!

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
31 Mar 2012 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

I'm not the best surfer by any stretch of the imagination, so let's get that out of the way...

But gee Trigg was ****. i hate that **** hole. Anywhere between Brighton to Trigg is ****. But ended up surfing it this morning. What a heap of rubbish. Straight lumps onto shallow sand, either sharing with boogs or kooks or wanna-be pros who are still surfing trigg/scarb.

Went to usually place around mettams (never said I was a good surfer) and that was crowded; pile of rubbish!

Here's the report fellas, it's crap!

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie