Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
GPA
WA, 2519 posts
20 Apr 2012 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
quite likely... def if the forecast holds. See you up there.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
20 Apr 2012 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

^^^
quite likely... def if the forecast holds. See you up there.

Yea looks good but yea cool

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
20 Apr 2012 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

surf looks good next week

Zuke
901 posts
21 Apr 2012 9:28AM
Thumbs Up

Swell kicked in a little this morning but didn't have much push to it. Trigg was full of weed, Suba would have had a ball.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
21 Apr 2012 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

Surprised how small most other northern breaks were considering the size at Trigg. Was a bit wonky,and still a little straight - main problem was the crowd - it was packed to the max... (with some comps at Seconds). Although some good waves were coming through I had an ordinary surf - was feeling lazy and just couldn't be F'd hassling...

Wind turned 11:45am.

And yes some weed - but no too bad where I was.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
21 Apr 2012 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

Swell kicked in a little this morning but didn't have much push to it. Trigg was full of weed, Suba would have had a ball.

I did actually. Walked south of the carparks at found a pretty decent spot. Really cleaned up as it got closer to noon. Some really good ones if you picked them right.
No weed were I was either

Where were you?

Zuke
901 posts
21 Apr 2012 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ 2nd's / 3rd's. 2nd's was worse.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
21 Apr 2012 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

Had a ripper of a session around 3rds - away from the crowds though. Little/no seaweed and there were many more peaks than usual. Saw some brilliant waves (by Perth standards) go unridden - particularly the bigger stuff. Rode some all the way into the beach, given a few pumps, fitting two or three cutties in too and a floater. Got there about 11.30 to light southerlies, but for the most part it didn't affect shape. It truly glassed off for about half an hour early arvo and then the breeze picked up slightly. Exhausted, I couldn't be bothered trying to get anything more out of the wind affected stuff.

From the sounds of it, it really is a crucial matter of picking your spot on the beachies at the moment.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
21 Apr 2012 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

Sitting at home sick while the surf cranks.
Bakesy and zuke have ya got any pics of left reefys or outer reef rights to help increase my cope?!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
21 Apr 2012 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Went past Scarbs & Trigg an hour ago - it's really trying to LAGO, but the swell has dropped heaps - both size and consistency. Still some nice shaped set waves - best I saw when I pulled in to walk the beach was just south of first car park.

Zuke
901 posts
21 Apr 2012 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

Sitting at home sick while the surf cranks.
Bakesy and zuke have ya got any pics of left reefys or outer reef rights to help increase my cope?!

No new ones but here's an old favourite that might cheer you up a little, imagine yourself under the lip. I'm hoping for another trip there next week.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
21 Apr 2012 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

here ya go Sammy, a nice left and my favourite outer reef

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
21 Apr 2012 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

cheers guys some nice pics there.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
21 Apr 2012 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

2 sundays ago

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
22 Apr 2012 12:07AM
Thumbs Up

Red thumbs!???!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
22 Apr 2012 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

Massive drop in the swell - it's now barely chest high at Trigg. Crowd down. Some weed.

Shape got better through the morning. Southerly came in at 10:00am and a few crew left, but it swung back offshore by 10:45am and the sun came out shortly after.

If you were patient there were a few fun ones coming through...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
23 Apr 2012 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

I need an arm & shoulder transplant

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
24 Apr 2012 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

^^ Yep she would get heaps of waves

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
24 Apr 2012 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Not today - looks flat with a dropping swell (although she probably causes swelling wherever she goes )

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
24 Apr 2012 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

doggie said...

Not today - looks flat with a dropping swell (although she probably causes swelling wherever she goes )

Lol

Torch
WA, 521 posts
24 Apr 2012 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Im back in town this Thursday, whats the swell prediction going to be like this Friday morning? Im frothing to roll the shoulders over!![}:)][}:)][}:)]

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
24 Apr 2012 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Torch said...

Im back in town this Thursday, whats the swell prediction going to be like this Friday morning? Im frothing to roll the shoulders over!![}:)][}:)][}:)]

Thursday is looking the goods but I will be at work so you are safe

Zuke
901 posts
25 Apr 2012 7:19PM
Thumbs Up

This morning was flat but I was watching the swell slowly rise today, so I took a chance on my own and after a later than usual start to the trip I headed out there.

It was worth it.

Head and a half.

Caught a glimpse of this

Lucky for me it was just a friendly sea lion

Sham1984
VIC, 415 posts
25 Apr 2012 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

^ looks awesome!

sparki
WA, 410 posts
25 Apr 2012 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...

This morning was flat but I was watching the swell slowly rise today, so I took a chance on my own and after a later than usual start to the trip I headed out there.

It was worth it.

Head and a half.

Caught a glimpse of this

Lucky for me it was just a friendly sealion

was looking at the last pic, i was trying to figure out what creature it was on the assumption that the upright fin was the dorsal fin. thought it might have been some odd creature related to some prehistorical monstrosity. then i read sea lion and it all made sense.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
26 Apr 2012 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^
good to see a photo looking into the pit zuke. that place must get heaps of swell if it was head and a hald yesterday.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Apr 2012 2:36PM
Thumbs Up

Took the SUp out with kids at local point as surf was down and had a play on tinny waves, seriously in the waves its so much harder than it looks. Ended up picking up and rushing home for a board change and back into it until dark.

Ended up with about 12 other lidders but with a small Northerly push only here and there i was able to dominate over them for once and got a heap of fun little waves. Maybe they were scared I'd go get the SUp back out

Spent all morning skate boarding with kids, playing on balance board and today i am feeling like i spent the day wrestling the hulk

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
26 Apr 2012 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...

Took the SUp out with kids at local point as surf was down and had a play on tinny waves, seriously in the waves its so much harder than it looks. Ended up picking up and rushing home for a board change and back into it until dark.

Ended up with about 12 other lidders but with a small Northerly push only here and there i was able to dominate over them for once and got a heap of fun little waves. Maybe they were scared I'd go get the SUp back out

Spent all morning skate boarding with kids, playing on balance board and today i am feeling like i spent the day wrestling the hulk

MMMmmmm, looks like JB has gone to the darkside [}:)]

Zuke
901 posts
26 Apr 2012 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

^^^^
good to see a photo looking into the pit zuke. that place must get heaps of swell if it was head and a hald yesterday.

It was a bit of a long shot with the swell being so small in the morning but I was hoping it would start to work as the swell rose. It started out about shoulder high when I hopped in and when I left it was over head and a half and getting angry.

This pic is a good head and a half and gives you an idea of the power.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Apr 2012 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

jbshack said...

MMMmmmm, looks like JB has gone to the darkside [}:)]

Dark side, not a bin lid Nah all just a bit of fun..

Worst part was my surf ended up in supper shallow so would step of mostly and now my feet feel like i can hardly walk, they have got worse as the day wears on..

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie