doggie said...

Weekend is looking good

SSHHHhhhhhh!! Don't tell anyone OK?!

Ok Gaz

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
21 Jun 2012 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

My solo surf at 2nds soon turned into a booger (and kook) fest. 4 minutes. Must be a record.
Twas good while it lasted.
To the two guys who said it was really bad... you must have a hard time remembering when it was last really good.

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
21 Jun 2012 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

My solo surf at 2nds soon turned into a booger (and kook) fest. 4 minutes. Must be a record.
Twas good while it lasted.
To the two guys who said it was really bad... you must have a hard time remembering when it was last really good.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
21 Jun 2012 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

lowkey said...

Not lowkey.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
22 Jun 2012 10:33AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone venture down to the local (northern) beachies - Trigg etc - this morning ?

Looks a little full

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Jun 2012 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

Anyone venture down to the local (northern) beachies - Trigg etc - this morning ?

Looks a little full

High tide early, looks ok on the cams.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
22 Jun 2012 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

GPA said...

Looks a little full

Just checked the graphs - High Tide = 10:55am - so nowish... Swellnet Scabs cam still looking quite full to me - although did not see anyone out there to judge by.

High Tide tomorrow around the same time too...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Jun 2012 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

doggie said...

GPA said...

Looks a little full

Just checked the graphs - High Tide = 10:55am - so nowish... Swellnet Scabs cam still looking quite full to me - although did not see anyone out there to judge by.

High Tide tomorrow around the same time too...

I bet you could guess where Im going tomorrow

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
22 Jun 2012 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

Would've thought too small. I was contemplating the same for Sunday, but I've also got other ideas requiring more driving if I can get a hall pass. New thread time.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
22 Jun 2012 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Legion said...

Would've thought too small. I was contemplating the same for Sunday, but I've also got other ideas requiring more driving if I can get a hall pass. New thread time.

Should be perfect, I think you are thinking too much

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
23 Jun 2012 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Legion said...

Not quite perfect, but pretty good eh Doggie? I'd say some of those bigger set waves were an 8/10... (on the GPA scale ). Glassed off around 11:45am - but by then my arms were dead and it'd dropped to shoulder high sets... def no complaints here!!

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
23 Jun 2012 4:08PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg LAGO 3:00pm Saturday 23rd...

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
23 Jun 2012 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

doggie said...

Legion said...

Not quite perfect, but pretty good eh Doggie? I'd say some of those bigger set waves were an 8/10... (on the GPA scale ). Glassed off around 11:45am - but by then my arms were dead and it'd dropped to shoulder high sets... def no complaints here!!

Considering it was almost flat when we turned up it was pretty bloody good, can't wait for tomorrow now

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
24 Jun 2012 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
24 Jun 2012 7:37PM
Thumbs Up

Great day for natural footers
Swell angle and wind good for a few rights

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Jun 2012 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Poida said...

Great day for natural footers
Swell angle and wind good for a few rights

Yeah rights pushing through my local for once. Managed to line myself up for a nice little running barrel, would of been my first in and out and managed to nose dive spitting me straight out instead

Even running left and right not paying atten managed to land on to a section of dry reef. That was fun[}:)]

birdman89
77 posts
28 Jun 2012 7:06PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from a week down south, arms are so shot i might not even get out tomorrow ;) Scored on sunday arvo, was a bit messy when we first paddled out but cleaned up nicely round 5. Stayed out till it was pitch black, last half hour to ourselves, head high and nice long rides, couple of cheeky cover ups.

Monday early was good, and then a bit sloppy in the arvo. Got on the beers tuesday because it was crap everywhere. Wednesday however was probably the best, wasn't expecting much when we drove to a popular protected break. However it was pumping, glassy and empty when we got there. Few people showed up across the day but never got too crowded, stayed out for 4 hours, got more waves than I have in the last month or so. Had to jet home early today though so didnt get a chance to get out today unfortunately.

Great trip all up, going to be hard to commit to the crappy perth waves after that.

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
28 Jun 2012 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

i noticed there was no mention of shark... it's lucky you didn't see one this week, as there's been heaps of sightings with a few of the boys getting rattled by it/them?

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
28 Jun 2012 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

surferstu
1011 posts
28 Jun 2012 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

synsies1000 said...

i noticed there was no mention of shark... it's lucky you didn't see one this week, as there's been heaps of sightings with a few of the boys getting rattled by it/them?

Agreed have heard the same thing, not good with overcast weather this weekend

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
28 Jun 2012 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Went out today at Trigg. Bad timing with the tide movements and couldn't even get a ****ing wave. Been surfing very poorly this last week after breaking a few fingers, rendering my paddle strength: useless. Hate being out of the action this time of the year It's amazing how quickly your surf strength/fitness leaves you.

birdman89
77 posts
28 Jun 2012 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

synsies1000 said...

Oh really? Saw a heap of dolphins but luckily no sharks. I guess that's the joy of being oblivious.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
30 Jun 2012 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Trigg had some size this morning, but the over head ones were just closing out and the others were either too straight or just big fat burgers... it seemed to be too deep.

Lots of crew trying - and some teenie comp just north of 2nd car park. No thanks!

Headed north to another beachie that was 1/2 the size, 1/2 as consistent, and 1/2 as crowded... but twice the fun. Some OK set waves, but not a lot of power and mostly fairly short rides...

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the water cold today... maybe it was the sitting around in between sets...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
30 Jun 2012 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Secrets was a mushy heap of 5hit this morning. Some okay set waves every now and then though. Still a heap of fun trying to link up the lumps when you're on them.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
30 Jun 2012 3:28PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

I don't know about anyone else, but I found the water cold today... maybe it was the sitting around in between sets...

don't know if i heard correctly, but i could have sworn some guy mentioned something about still being cold in a 5mm? hope i heard incorrectly...

dont know about everywhere else, but there was a fair bit of a drift happening around a certain part of the northern beaches where i was. but that was good as it continuously scattered the crowds so meaning everyone got something. there were some nice ones of all sizes too!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
30 Jun 2012 3:44PM
Thumbs Up

Wasn't cold down at secrets.

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
30 Jun 2012 5:04PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Secrets was a mushy heap of 5hit this morning. Some okay set waves every now and then though. Still a heap of fun trying to link up the lumps when you're on them.

Should ev stayed at tea rooms

sparki
WA, 410 posts
30 Jun 2012 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Wasn't cold down at secrets.

says the man that goes surfing in boardies in the middle of a 30knot onshore winter storm.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie