Mitts46
WA, 104 posts
12 Jul 2012 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke
901 posts
17 Jul 2012 9:36AM
Thumbs Up

We have swell this morning but the beaches aren't handling it. Trigg is shutting down pretty bad and has backwash, maybe not wash but back swell making the drop very lumpy. The swell should stir the banks up so hopefully we'll have some shape in the next few days.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
17 Jul 2012 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Yeah - I agree - some big over head bombs coming through but most were just too straight... ocean very unsettled and no one spot was really delivering.

Took the trip north to Mullaloo - a bit cleaner, but of the three 'banks' that normally break, only the one to the north is really working - and even then it's nothing special.

I am going to wait for it to settle - hopefully tomorrow.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
17 Jul 2012 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

same down here, couple of the reefies getting better as the day went on, think tomoz will be better.If anyone is keen on a mission pm me as it was a bit lonely this morning

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
18 Jul 2012 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Good waves today. Trigg still a touch wonky - but much better than yesterday - still some big bombs coming through 3rd car park - and there was a nice looking peak at the 'corner' at 2nds...

I headed a little further north. Very clean, although some rip action moving through at times... consistently overhead with an easy take off into a long fast wall. Got a great cover up - but as usual failed to come out .

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
18 Jul 2012 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

Good waves today. Trigg still a touch wonky - but much better than yesterday - still some big bombs coming through 3rd car park - and there was a nice looking peak at the 'corner' at 2nds...

I headed a little further north. Very clean, although some rip action moving through at times... consistently overhead with an easy take off into a long fast wall. Got a great cover up - but as usual failed to come out .

You need a cover up

I might have a look south on Saturday, you know place that could be WAs shire

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
18 Jul 2012 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

There's no surf at Cockburn Central mate.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
18 Jul 2012 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

LateStarter said...

doggie said...

There's no surf at Cockburn Central mate.

Its not a secret and its not a ................

Zuke
901 posts
18 Jul 2012 3:42PM
Thumbs Up

Tried to find some company for today with no luck so I headed out on my own in the end, just couldn't resist the perfect conditions. Not another soul in sight.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
18 Jul 2012 4:06PM
Thumbs Up

Would have been great out there Zuke, that wave looks familiar

Zuke
901 posts
18 Jul 2012 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ It was just about perfect doggie.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
18 Jul 2012 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
What's the size there Zuke? Big given the size of metro beachies I reckon... not sure if I would venture out there... I was a little nervous at a semi popular metro break. The stirred up sandy water and smell of seaweed did not help!

Zuke
901 posts
18 Jul 2012 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

pm sent GPA. Some people don't like hearing the size of the waves for some reason.

Killbot
WA, 201 posts
18 Jul 2012 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

That's just about the best pic yet Zuke. Thanks for ruining another day at work!

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
18 Jul 2012 5:22PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty big today. Not many people around considering its school holidays. Twice over head. Not a soul in sight. I got photos but I'm not posting

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
18 Jul 2012 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Greenroom said...

Pretty big today. Not many people around considering its school holidays. Twice over head. Not a soul in sight. I got photos but I'm not posting

Pictease you are

soleman
WA, 280 posts
18 Jul 2012 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah i got a couple today and photos also, cant post them yet as me cord from phone to laptop has been detroyed by my f**ken hound. will try soon. zuke i would make the trip to perth to surf some of the waves you score by yourself, you really are the epitome of a surfer.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
18 Jul 2012 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Greenroom said...

Pictease you are

I will text you some doggy.

Zuke
901 posts
19 Jul 2012 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

soleman said...

Yeah i got a couple today and photos also, cant post them yet as me cord from phone to laptop has been detroyed by my f**ken hound. will try soon. zuke i would make the trip to perth to surf some of the waves you score by yourself, you really are the epitome of a surfer.

You're living the dream down south soleman, you'd get waves like this almost every day. Probably better!

Killbot
WA, 201 posts
19 Jul 2012 12:21PM
Thumbs Up

soleman said...

zuke i would make the trip to perth to surf some of the waves you score by yourself, you really are the epitome of a surfer.

Yeah, I can vouch for that. I was lucky enough to tag along with Zuke and Legion a month or so back after responding to Legion's infamous 'Ride' post. Legion is a genuinely good surfer based on what I saw (he wasn't joking about not liking crowds; he spent most of the 5 or so hours we were in the water a good 300m or more away from us). Nice bloke out of the water to and cooked up a cracking lunch after the first sess, I was gonna put up a thanks post when we got back but didn't wanna kill his rep! Zuke on the other hand is a real throwback, reminds me a lot of surfers I used to see around in the 90's. He's got a real comfortable flow and is clearly surfing for himself, not trying to keep up with trends or impress anyone. Relaxed bloke out in the water and happy to share waves which is probably a lot easier to do when you get as many uncrowded surfs as he seems to!

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
19 Jul 2012 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

took the young bloke out for his first surf on his new TC endorsed stick, thought it would be pretty average, got that wrong These boards are pretty exxy but well worth it as he did his first turns after about ten minutes of getting used to it, need a GoPro now as he still needs me in the water at this stage or maybe a dude on the beach selling photos like at Bingan!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
19 Jul 2012 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Good work young Baksey

fozzy
SA, 501 posts
19 Jul 2012 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

That's gold bakesy. Little dude looks like he's all over it. However I do say no to the GoPro. Can't stand watching footage from those things.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
19 Jul 2012 2:06PM
Thumbs Up

same Fozzy, the stuff from the board mounts are annoying, I was thinking just using it as a waterproof vid camera, wrist mounted. Yesterday's session had us all frothing for one as the view from the channel was epic, didn't want to go in and take shots with the phone, as we're getting older photos and vid seem more precious for some reason, so want to get the best without leaving the water

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
19 Jul 2012 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

fozzy said...

That's gold bakesy. Little dude looks like he's all over it. However I do say no to the GoPro. Can't stand watching footage from those things.

I think gopro footage is ok as long as it isnt aimed at your nuts

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
19 Jul 2012 2:14PM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said...

same Fozzy, the stuff from the board mounts are annoying, I was thinking just using it as a waterproof vid camera, wrist mounted. Yesterday's session had us all frothing for one as the view from the channel was epic, didn't want to go in and take shots with the phone, as we're getting older photos and vid seem more precious for some reason, so want to get the best without leaving the water

Check this site out Baksey shop.gopole.com

This stuff looks great for gopro and from what Ive been told are a very good company to deal with.

Happy dayz

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
19 Jul 2012 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Baksey you're a legend! I reckon watching him catch even knee high waves would feel better for you than yourself dropping into a wave of the day. Must be rewarding watching him go out. He'll also forever remember his dad taking him out and watching him surf. Top work!

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
19 Jul 2012 2:56PM
Thumbs Up

thanks PP very nice of you and yep you're spot on, heaps of Dad's hit this spot during summer and it's a great sight, awesome sport for them to get into and the local club is well supported, we are very lucky Thanks Doggie for the site, looks like I'll be spending more coin today

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
19 Jul 2012 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Bloody jealous! I spent Tuesday and Wednesday watching kids rip while I worked, but it was crap when I knocked off.
Zuke, you need to call me fella. I'm due a sickie.

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
19 Jul 2012 11:15PM
Thumbs Up

good to see ya young bloke having a crack bakesy. heres me 4 yr old riding me 5'10 blak box in dongara last dec holidays

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie