Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Zuke
901 posts
8 Nov 2012 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Did anyone get a wave today? Had a quick look at Trigg this morning and it looked like there were a few coming through.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
8 Nov 2012 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Too busy writing about cephalopods....not as interesting as it might sound....

EDIT: Actually, that's a lie. It's extremely interesting...I just miss the water

mocha1
WA, 932 posts
8 Nov 2012 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

had a quick surf before work this morn 5am ish secret spot nth of scabs south of trigg
plenty punters possibly expecting the 3-4m swell rise (ch7 n 10!!!!)
conditions :good light SE
banks: hmmmmm
swell :waist to chest
still a bit of fun and no sharks or at least shark alarm - funny that, too early so no air patrol..... no alarm therefore no sharks!
Swell rising now though, will give it another go in morning.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
8 Nov 2012 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

pretty solid swell hit down here this arvo, hit a semi protected mysto left after taking the groms for a wave, will be crap here tomorrow

dreads
WA, 54 posts
8 Nov 2012 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

Yep surfed boranup, 4 hr surf then hit a little wave near gallows for another 2hrs. Bloody hard drive home. Rest up now and hit the beach again in the morning

Zuke said...
Did anyone get a wave today? Had a quick look at Trigg this morning and it looked like there were a few coming through.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
8 Nov 2012 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

bakesy said...
will be crap here tomorrow

I'm on my way.

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
9 Nov 2012 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Had a wave this morning at a local beach, good swell direction, shame the beaches were straight.

A few good ones if you knew where to sit and picked the good ones, saw a few smoking waves, usually when I was paddling back out.

All I did was get pitched over the falls, have not surfed a beachy for a while and was a bit slow on the takeoff to say the least

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Nov 2012 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

Heaps of waves today at Trigg seconds but it was so frustrating. The Wave running back out at times was getting surfed The waves would pitch when you wanted to take off, funny rips forming here there and everywhere moving you all around the pace and out of the zone.

Drop ins like you wouldn't believe and i even managed to run over a poor booger who got hidden in the early morning sun glare.

Returned the favour and dropped in on some Brazo who had on the previous 4 waves pulled of at the last minute. That made him real happy. I'm only guessing as he seemed to be talking his language at a furious rate to his mate

Loudest surf instructor i have ever heard shouting and screaming, hooting and hollering like a baboon.

Nearly lost my fave necklace that's worth a bit but other than that all good

kwalkington
WA, 87 posts
9 Nov 2012 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

necklace???

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
9 Nov 2012 12:22PM
Thumbs Up

kwalkington said...
necklace???

pearl

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
9 Nov 2012 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

kwalkington said...
necklace???

Yeah i got a custom made SSCS pendent in gold that i wear. My wife had it made for my 40th. Lets just say if i lost it i would have been made me cry long time

Lucky for me the Xcel wettie is that tight it just got stuck in my chest area until i took it off.

It just capped of what was a very frustrating morning in the water. Actually driving back up the coast seeing better spots that i should have surfed was probably worse..

Dawn Patrol
WA, 1991 posts
9 Nov 2012 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Shark siren has been going off the last hour or so at Scarbs.

Meant trigg was uncrowded though and I could have all the closeouts I wanted

newguy
654 posts
9 Nov 2012 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

Dawn Patrol said...
Shark siren has been going off the last hour or so at Scarbs.

Meant trigg was uncrowded though and I could have all the closeouts I wanted

Just as I got out of the water. Bloody thing was howling for like a good 30min I say. Besides that, predominantly close outs galore...

Zuke
901 posts
9 Nov 2012 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

Here are a couple of pics from this morning. Enjoy

Grevas
147 posts
9 Nov 2012 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Great work Zuke. Must have been bloody nice out today.

Zuke
901 posts
9 Nov 2012 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah thanks Grevas it was. The offshore was a bit strong at first but backed right off for a glass off for about two hours before the onshore hit. Long day in the boat but well worth it.

katana
WA, 644 posts
10 Nov 2012 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
Yeah thanks Grevas it was. The offshore was a bit strong at first but backed right off for a glass off for about two hours before the onshore hit. Long day in the boat but well worth it.

was that you with four other crew in one boat yesterday . thought we"d leave it and surfed further south

Zuke
901 posts
10 Nov 2012 8:49PM
Thumbs Up

katana said...

was that you with four other crew in one boat yesterday . thought we"d leave it and surfed further south

Four crew plus me? That would be horrible, talk about rent a crowd! No, I was on my own.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
11 Nov 2012 11:29AM
Thumbs Up

I thought there might be waves today...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
12 Nov 2012 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Some very nice waves rolling in at Seconds car park. A few surfers absolutely smashing it up and loads of waves rolling in for everyone. Even had it for 40 minutes before the back wash started at about 6.40 and started to drop of after 7.30 ish

Loads of sharing by the crowd but the wind was cold

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
12 Nov 2012 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

Aaaaargh, 3 exams this week. So wish I could hit the water.

Ohwell, getting paid to go down to Margs this weekend

dreads
WA, 54 posts
12 Nov 2012 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

stayed home, thought there was no swell. Looks like i missed out

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
14 Nov 2012 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Small, straight and Lumpy this morning at Perth's least secret beach break.

Crowds were tolerable early, but a school bus turned up around 6:30, followed by scores of boogers once their cartoons had finished.

Still, an average surf is way better than no surf!

swalkington
WA, 401 posts
14 Nov 2012 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

fun this morning - some nice left ramps.
sharky and overcast though.

Grevas
147 posts
14 Nov 2012 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

LateStarter said...
Small, straight and Lumpy this morning at Perth's least secret beach break.

Crowds were tolerable early, but a school bus turned up around 6:30, followed by scores of boogers once their cartoons had finished.

Still, an average surf is way better than no surf!

Have they honestly progressed from the wiggles to cartoons

Oh well Bali in 9 days, but who's counting

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
14 Nov 2012 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

swalkington said...

Yeah funny you should say that. It glassed off for a bit near me, to the point where the water was almost oily. I could smell fish as well, so psyched myself out and caught the next wave into shore.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
14 Nov 2012 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

LateStarter said...
swalkington said...

Yeah funny you should say that. It glassed off for a bit near me, to the point where the water was almost oily. I could smell fish as well, so psyched myself out and caught the next wave into shore.

They were forecasting for strongish southerly winds so stayed in bad[}:)]

soleman
WA, 280 posts
14 Nov 2012 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

Sick little sesh at P break this morning untill the wind hit it at about 9 am. nice and squareon the low tide

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
15 Nov 2012 11:44AM
Thumbs Up

Trigg Zoo was terrible. Straight, shallow, rippy and crowded, with a good dose of back-wash thrown in just in case you weren't sure it was going to be ordinary.

The northern reefies were very rocky... at Tom's the rocks looked to be about a foot above the water.

Yr 11 & 12's now off school, so it was busy and will be through until Feb!

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
16 Nov 2012 6:21AM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

Yr 11 & 12's now off school, so it was busy and will be through until Feb!

Sheet! Thanks for the heads up...

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie