Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
smicko
WA, 2503 posts
2 Dec 2012 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke said...
smicko said...
Mongrel. I drove about for a couple hours and went home dry.

I would have thought that big w would have been good yesterday morning smicko?

I didn't head up there Zuke, I avoid the joint on a SE. I was just driving around locally.

katana
WA, 644 posts
2 Dec 2012 8:36PM
Thumbs Up

i would have called you smico but it was going to be a 2 day mish,sailed back last night after a dive ,lost the ski again snapped the tow line in the 30kt southerly, fun for my mate swimming for it in that breezethen got the tow line wrapped around one of the props

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
2 Dec 2012 8:57PM
Thumbs Up

Any crays?

katana
WA, 644 posts
2 Dec 2012 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

smicko said...
Any crays?

all the size ones had eggs heaps of kacka"s ,kind of eary didnt see any one else diving

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
3 Dec 2012 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

...you know when you go down the coast hoping, just hoping that there is a small wave... not today!

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
3 Dec 2012 2:00PM
Thumbs Up

Had a packed day ahead of me Saturday, had to be at the Cricket at 10 and had a party straight after that (first world problem ha ha). Decided to head to my local reefy, swell was forecast as big but noticed the direction might stunt it a bit.

Got there about 30 min after sunrise, crowded but not in the usual places, it was a bit shifty, fat etc but I was a man on a mission so lowered the expectation and paddled out over the super shallow reef thanks to the low tide and out into the line up.

I could not believe the amount of people having a winge about the 'wrong' forecast ha ha! I was having a ball managing a few fun ones, missing some, calling in guys when I couldnt get on the face and all the while half the people around me were having a cry It was the first day of Summer so I was just glad there was a wave at all

newguy
654 posts
3 Dec 2012 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

^good one mate. Closest I've had to a surf is looking on gumtree and seeing my old boards I have sold circulating up there. Happen to anyone else whom have sold their boards on that site?

MickPC
8266 posts
4 Dec 2012 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Southern beachie was so fun today on the 9'1 mal, even got a couple of little head dips on the inside. Just me & a guy riding a very interesting board. Looks like the front 6 foot of a snapped mal with a deep concave, no fins & like just totally straight tail like a mal had snapped & he'd just dug out the concave & glassed the end lol...I got talking to him & he said to feel how light it was & yeah I was shocked how super light it was. He was doing really well on it too, riding along the face no worries & doing 360 floaters on just about every wave. It was really cool to watch : )

shunter
WA, 441 posts
4 Dec 2012 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

MickPC said...
Just me & a guy riding a very interesting board. Looks like the front 6 foot of a snapped mal with a deep concave, no fins & like just totally straight tail like a mal had snapped & he'd just dug out the concave & glassed the end lol...

Mick did it look similar to this shape.

Sounds like a finless mini simmons.... mm have epoxy and glass in shed might build one. How wide and how thick was it

MickPC
8266 posts
4 Dec 2012 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

shunter said...
MickPC said...
Just me & a guy riding a very interesting board. Looks like the front 6 foot of a snapped mal with a deep concave, no fins & like just totally straight tail like a mal had snapped & he'd just dug out the concave & glassed the end lol...

Mick did it look similar to this shape.

Sounds like a finless mini simmons.... mm have epoxy and glass in shed might build one. How wide and how thick was it

Ahhh very nice mate, make it yourself? Love the wooden boards...It was very similar in outline, but differed in a couple of key ways . See how yours curves in a little into the tail. This other board was dead straight with a very pronounced single concave allowing for a sharp angled rail & negating the need for fins. The angular bottom of the board would also add strength I reckon & yep it was epoxy...Man I've felt some light boards, but this thing was superlight & performed really well in the waist to chest height waves : )

He told me it was 6' & I reckon it would have been about 22 wide. It wasn't really thick looking like a sweet potato & it had that deep single concave, rather than a double like the SP. Doubt it was 3 on the rail, probably about 2 & 3/4 & it had no rocker, just a little bit of kick on the nose. Looked a little like a 6' snowboard when he was up & riding : P

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
4 Dec 2012 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

....................fantastic

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
4 Dec 2012 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

.............back on topic.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
4 Dec 2012 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Buster fin said...

Have you looked at the forecast for this week. Nothing for a few days at least..

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
4 Dec 2012 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
Buster fin said...

Have you looked at the forecast for this week. Nothing for a few days at least..

Its going to be a long week

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
4 Dec 2012 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

jbshack said...
Buster fin said...

True. But when this thread shows a new hit, I tend to get just a bit excited.

I hate to be let down.

Torch
WA, 521 posts
5 Dec 2012 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Couple of lids chancing it on a dry slab over on rotto, that was all that was available. No crays either

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Dec 2012 10:12AM
Thumbs Up

Not looking too inviting at the northern beaches or reefs. It's trying though. Maybe in a few hours?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
7 Dec 2012 10:30AM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Not looking too inviting at the northern beaches or reefs. It's trying though. Maybe in a few hours?

Mite be some nice banks if we are lucky

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Dec 2012 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

Hopefully. Either way, I'm working in Yallingup next week :-)

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
7 Dec 2012 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Hopefully. Either way, I'm working in Yallingup next week :-)

Nice

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
7 Dec 2012 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

Yep...one day's work to fund a week or two of surfing...rinse, repeat.
Next stop...Bremmer

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
7 Dec 2012 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

Cycle past report: 1:00pm

No one out Hillary's to Trigg 3rds - not even a kiter... Swell coming up, but a very unsettled ocean. Weed everywhere!!

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
7 Dec 2012 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Got loads of mostly untidy ones late this arvo. It's going to be rather good tomorrow me thinks.

crustt
VIC, 190 posts
8 Dec 2012 9:33AM
Thumbs Up

Been having a good spring over this way, but nothing like what you guys get out in the west

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
8 Dec 2012 9:17AM
Thumbs Up

Scored pre dawn solo for a couple of hours this morn. Good fun.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
8 Dec 2012 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Good on you... I can't do it... just don't function at that time of day (night!).

Waited for the 9:00am shift change and did ok at a less popular beachie - a bit wonky and rippy, but some shape and length of rides when it all lined up.

Bertie
NSW, 1351 posts
8 Dec 2012 3:32PM
Thumbs Up

pretty devoed i'm stuck at work up north with the swell around and a light offshore.

Why couldnt it have happened last week when i was home?

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
8 Dec 2012 1:33PM
Thumbs Up

Got to the Perth Surf Circus at around 9.30
Some pretty good waves rolling in but typical crowd, typical wannabe pros, etc etc
Scored a few though.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
8 Dec 2012 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

Waited for the weekend rent a crowds to get blown off the water then rigged up in mast high plus epicness

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
9 Dec 2012 12:02PM
Thumbs Up

A bit smaller than yesty, but ditto otherwise.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie