Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Zuke
901 posts
9 Dec 2012 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Had an epic session with another 'breezer today, I don't usually surf weekends but the conditions were lining up just too nicely for one of my spots for me to ignore. He was super keen to give it a go so we hit the road early to try and time the offshore backing off. It was a little windy at first as you can see in the pic but it backed off not long after hopping in. The sets had some size (I think a little too much for him, sshhh I didn't say that), but he gave it a red hot crack and was totally spent at the end. I thought that I would have to rescue him he was so knackered, it was the slowest paddle back to the boat I've ever seen

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
9 Dec 2012 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

Some fun ones on the beachies too, waist to chest with the odd bigger one. If only the bigger ones had the same shape as the smaller. Strong offshore produced some hollow ones.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
10 Dec 2012 12:17PM
Thumbs Up

This morning wasnt nearly as bad as you would have thought...if you were patient.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
10 Dec 2012 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
This morning wasnt nearly as bad as you would have thought...if you were patient.

Where did u go Subasmurf? Aren't you south?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 Dec 2012 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Greenroom said...
subasurf said...

Things a bit quiet in the SUP room Greenie? You seem to spend a bit of time in here now

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
10 Dec 2012 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Greenroom said...
subasurf said...

Nah not south, the job got postponed so not down south till Thursday.

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
10 Dec 2012 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

The numbers have definitely increased since last week down the coast but small/medium swell with light variable winds, meant everybody got heaps of waves today. might see ya down there at the end of the week suba, although the winds aren't awesome theres some swell left over

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
10 Dec 2012 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...
Things a bit quiet in the SUP room Greenie? You seem to spend a bit of time in here now

Yeah it's mostly stuff about racing and downwinders etc.
I don't race and when it's windy I windsurf.
At least in here it's all about surfing waves.
Scored empty waves mid morning today.
If you sit like a good doggie I might send you an MMS

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 Dec 2012 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

Greenroom said...
doggie said...

Yeah it's mostly stuff about racing and downwinders etc.
I don't race and when it's windy I windsurf.
At least in here it's all about surfing waves.
Scored empty waves mid morning today.
If you sit like a good doggie I might send you an MMS

Spocktek
WA, 281 posts
11 Dec 2012 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Not really a daily update, but had a mint little sesh on sat morn. Took the wife and dog, walked the dog till I found a bank and enjoyed! (the mrs copped a few on the head though!)
Nothing radical but It was a nice morning out, and that's what it's all about!

Poida
WA, 1916 posts
11 Dec 2012 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

some picks of some lucky locals this arvo, overcast, lightning, drizzling rain, this was when the wind dropped a bit
went surfing nearby earlier. theres so many good surfers around, taking off deep, i watched a few on the bomb sets smash it apart

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
12 Dec 2012 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Was OK at a couple of places... Trigg was wonky and fat, but still had a few walls on offer - if you could get them. A fair crowd sitting shoulder to shoulder across the main bank, and that effing backwash is still there... it tried to glass off for a short while around 11am. 5/10

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
12 Dec 2012 12:57PM
Thumbs Up

Great pics mate!

I had a quick sesh up at Yanchep yesterday out front of the surfclub. Subsequently spent most of the time struggling against the side current. Not very but happened to be up that way and wanted to get salty.

South tomorrow morning and be back and forth around the south west until boxing day.

katana
WA, 644 posts
12 Dec 2012 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

the odd little wackable walls at scabs for the early ,good wind and crowd 5/10
better than nothing

chrispychru
QLD, 7932 posts
13 Dec 2012 3:14PM
Thumbs Up

greenmount..3-5ft off freaking goodness. one happy kook

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
13 Dec 2012 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Was OK at a couple of places... Trigg was wonky and fat, but still had a few walls on offer - if you could get them. A fair crowd sitting shoulder to shoulder across the main bank, and that effing backwash is still there... it tried to glass off for a short while around 11am. 5/10

Better today... bigger, with the stiff SE cleaning things up a bit. Crowd a lot more spread out... 6/10

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
13 Dec 2012 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
GPA said...

Better today... bigger, with the stiff SE cleaning things up a bit. Crowd a lot more spread out... 6/10

Bugger the silly season...

Haven't been out for two and a bit weeks...Going crazy[}:)]

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
13 Dec 2012 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

did ya make it down the coast suba?

Buster fin
WA, 2577 posts
13 Dec 2012 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
GPA said...

Thanks for that. It got me all hyped up and I went out where i might usually say, 'nah', and had an hour of fun.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
16 Dec 2012 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

My God - like sardines in a can Trigg to Scabs...

Soft 1ft waves - waist high 1 wave sets (with drop ins).

SW wafting in at 8:45am...

I just couldn't do it

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
16 Dec 2012 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

synsies1000 said...
did ya make it down the coast suba?

Yeah just gotten back.
Esperence this Friday coming.

katana
WA, 644 posts
16 Dec 2012 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

shoulder high with head & half sets got there just as the onshore started wafting stupidly i was watching what the swell graphs were doing instead missing the NE windowstill happy with what was offered super consistent good crew 3 out and got even better when they left 6/10

surferstu
1011 posts
16 Dec 2012 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

toppokhans said...
We have 20D and 40D nails for artificial grass installation such as sealing seams and installing weed barriers. To be installed above or below the base, depending on your situation. Prevent weeds from growing on your artificial lawn. we are constantly adding new companies to our artificial grass installation companies.

thommo 000
1670 posts
19 Dec 2012 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

Few from thismorning, small and shallow but good to get wet again

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
20 Dec 2012 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

Some fun ones this morning, very punchy swell.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
20 Dec 2012 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Heading off tomorrow morning for a surfing road trip.

Hope you all get some waves in over Xmas!

Lots of love and good vibes SBers

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
20 Dec 2012 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

thommo 000 said...
Few from thismorning, small and shallow but good to get wet again

Looks pretty good to me! Got a few at scabs this morning, you'd think a school of sharks chewing a dolphin within 10m of the shore the day before would deter the crowds ha ha we are getting used to it now!

birdman89
77 posts
21 Dec 2012 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

Snagged a few yesterday on my new hypto krypto. Wasn't expecting the place I went to be working on a 2m swell but it was actually working better than it did most of this winter. Board was great, never surfed so well on a new stick before, can't wait to try it out on some waves with a bit more juice.

MickPC
8266 posts
21 Dec 2012 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

birdman89 said...
Snagged a few yesterday on my new hypto krypto. Wasn't expecting the place I went to be working on a 2m swell but it was actually working better than it did most of this winter. Board was great, never surfed so well on a new stick before, can't wait to try it out on some waves with a bit more juice.

Yeah yesterday was a lot better than I was expecting it to be. Unfortunately today was a lot smaller than I was expecting it to be, but I guess I could say at least I had my local to myself haha...the hypto krypto is a nice looking board, I'm going to give that shape a go on my next board : )

DanOverboard
2 posts
22 Dec 2012 8:58AM
Thumbs Up

birdman89 said...

What size Hypto Krypto did you get? Im right in between the weight range for a 5'10 and a 6'0. Wondering which one to get. Im 6'2 so im thinking I should probably go for the 6'0

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie