Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
birdman89
77 posts
22 Dec 2012 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

I got a 5 8 futureflex one. I'm 5 11 and only 65kg so weight wise I could have probably gone shorter, but then i always find I feel too tall on such a short board.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
22 Dec 2012 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

DanOverboard said...
birdman89 said...
Snagged a few yesterday on my new hypto krypto. Wasn't expecting the place I went to be working on a 2m swell but it was actually working better than it did most of this winter. Board was great, never surfed so well on a new stick before, can't wait to try it out on some waves with a bit more juice.

What size Hypto Krypto did you get? Im right in between the weight range for a 5'10 and a 6'0. Wondering which one to get. Im 6'2 so im thinking I should probably go for the 6'0

Go the 5 10 mate, I am same height as you and found the 6 0 had way too much volume for me

DanOverboard
2 posts
23 Dec 2012 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

Ctngoodvibes said...
DanOverboard said...
birdman89 said...
Snagged a few yesterday on my new hypto krypto. Wasn't expecting the place I went to be working on a 2m swell but it was actually working better than it did most of this winter. Board was great, never surfed so well on a new stick before, can't wait to try it out on some waves with a bit more juice.

What size Hypto Krypto did you get? Im right in between the weight range for a 5'10 and a 6'0. Wondering which one to get. Im 6'2 so im thinking I should probably go for the 6'0

Go the 5 10 mate, I am same height as you and found the 6 0 had way too much volume for me

Awesome thanks for heads up

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
24 Dec 2012 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

I just sold my custom 5'10 hypto last week. I'm 5'11 and 80kgs and thought it was too floaty for me. If I were buying this board again id go for a 5'6 or 5'8.

I bought a 5'10 Skud around the same time from Dave at katana and it's a much better board, and a heap cheaper to boot.

dreads
WA, 54 posts
24 Dec 2012 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

Got some good waves this morning at beachie down south. Thought there would have been more people out, i'm not complaining though.
Merry xmas and new year to all breezers.

MickPC
8266 posts
24 Dec 2012 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah there've been great waves & very few people out for the last 3 days down my way. Might have been that 5m great white that swam through the lineup last Wednesday deterring people...

Merry Christmas everyone

dreads
WA, 54 posts
24 Dec 2012 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

First i heard of that Mick, where was that?

katana
WA, 644 posts
24 Dec 2012 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

merry Christmas to all

MickPC
8266 posts
26 Dec 2012 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

dreads said...
First i heard of that Mick, where was that?

South of Mandurah...they seem to visit fairly often these days : /

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
27 Dec 2012 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

so it's been flat for a while so here's something for the surfer/Sup rider that's frothing for a wave. its shaping up for a cracker this weekend even for metro boys with a medium west swell. Smile and don't drop in. happy new years boyz!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
27 Dec 2012 9:24PM
Thumbs Up

Well, I hope some of you guys got some waves over the break.

I drove over 3000km this past week in search of waves and didn't get a single one. Managed some decent spearfishing and diving and some some great sights...but no waves.

My girlfriend did have her board stolen though while going for a quick dip to cool off...

webster
WA, 25 posts
28 Dec 2012 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

got a few today was a nice surprise

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
28 Dec 2012 6:44PM
Thumbs Up

-17 degrees
i like my surfing but

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
28 Dec 2012 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Well, I hope some of you guys got some waves over the break.

I drove over 3000km this past week in search of waves and didn't get a single one.

Yeah, I feel your pain - I did about 1,800km over the last two weeks - I copped everything from wild 30knt 4ft on-shore, to heaving 8ft sets in a too stiff off-shore (that were way too big for me), to tiddly on-shore shin high waves this morning... board stayed on the rack for the 6 days...

Buster fin
WA, 2576 posts
28 Dec 2012 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

webster said...
got a few today was a nice surprise

Ooh ooh, me too!

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
28 Dec 2012 11:07PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
Yeah, I feel your pain - I did about 1,800km over the last two weeks - I copped everything from wild 30knt 4ft on-shore, to heaving 8ft sets in a too stiff off-shore (that were way too big for me), to tiddly on-shore shin high waves this morning... board stayed on the rack for the 6 days...

Windsurf

katana
WA, 644 posts
29 Dec 2012 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

i saw epic waves on yesterday morning perfect head + half glassy conditions 2 guys! out unfortunately i was busy diving to retreive my anchor and chain after we got blown onto a reef in a freak northerly storm thursday night

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
29 Dec 2012 10:23PM
Thumbs Up

Do please elaborate ;-)

katana
WA, 644 posts
30 Dec 2012 7:25AM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Do please elaborate ;-)

we were anchored in a safe anchorage near one of my favorite lefts just finished dinner with the family watching that thunder storm roll past in the north wind was blowing 15knts south when we got hit by a 30kt wind from the north that pushed us so fast across the anchor , 15 kg ballast and chain didnt have time to grab ,we got pushed up on the reef , smashed one carbon rudder and screwed one engine, hull not to bad luckily it was high tide,got towed off by two boats about 8.30 had to dump all the anchor chain ,spewin never got to surf

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
30 Dec 2012 10:47AM
Thumbs Up

Bloody hell mate, could have turned out a lot worse. What a bugger though. Any pics?

Went up to the Perth beach circus this morning. Was okay, clean but crowded.
I jarred my thumb late last night (if I told you how you wouldn't believe me) so no surfing for me. Did get in the water with the GoPro to film the other guys enjoying themselves.

Get out there while it's still sort of working!

jjd
WA, 705 posts
30 Dec 2012 10:56AM
Thumbs Up

katana said...
subasurf said...
Do please elaborate ;-)

we were anchored in a safe anchorage near one of my favorite lefts just finished dinner with the family watching that thunder storm roll past in the north wind was blowing 15knts south when we got hit by a 30kt wind from the north that pushed us so fast across the anchor , 15 kg ballast and chain didnt have time to grab ,we got pushed up on the reef , smashed one carbon rudder and screwed one engine, hull not to bad luckily it was high tide,got towed off by two boats about 8.30 had to dump all the anchor chain ,spewin never got to surf

Bock, bock, bock

MickPC
8266 posts
30 Dec 2012 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

That sux Dave...good thing you know a good fibreglasser to fix it : /

In other news...Bloody beautiful day today, fun waves, few crew & dolphin drop-ins

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
30 Dec 2012 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

katana said...
subasurf said...
Do please elaborate ;-)

Hey Dave this could be good story for your new blog on your new website

soleman
WA, 280 posts
30 Dec 2012 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...
Bloody hell mate, could have turned out a lot worse. What a bugger though. Any pics?

Went up to the Perth beach circus this morning. Was okay, clean but crowded.
I jarred my thumb late last night (if I told you how you wouldn't believe me) so no surfing for me. Did get in the water with the GoPro to film the other guys enjoying themselves.

Get out there while it's still sort of working!

just curious, how does a jarred thumb stop you from surfin?

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
30 Dec 2012 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Did ya do it bowling or masturbating?

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
30 Dec 2012 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

I can't use my left hand, there fore I would struggle to paddle let alone pop up.

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
30 Dec 2012 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

nice jump in swell this morning clean head high barrels then took the boys to the cut for a few, every manner of craft in the water from SUP to kayaks!! Solid straighthanders took out several of them, one SUP'er suffered an injury to his neck after a hideous hammering onto the knee deep bank. Scored a few down south over the last week, Thursday was the pick of the days nice uncrowded Northie as the sun set

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
31 Dec 2012 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

south Trigg fat, straight and too much back-wash... only saving grace was the crowd was OK...

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
31 Dec 2012 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

I was at Trigg at 6 till 9, filming in the water. There were some okay ones, but mostly straight. Good fun though.

MickPC
8266 posts
31 Dec 2012 2:32PM
Thumbs Up

A set wave appeared & everyone scrambled out to catch it...when suddenly a dolphin burst out of the face of the wave doing a big air causing everyone to erupt in a huge roar of stokedfullness...the dolphin landed & continued surfing the wave. I quickly swung my board around & surfed along beside the dolphin & the two guys sharing the shoulder. We were all just cruising along watching the dolphin which did one more air & pulled out. Big grins abounded...An awesome end to what has been an awesome year...have a good one guys...Happy New Year

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie