Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
GPA
WA, 2519 posts
31 Dec 2012 4:59PM
Thumbs Up

@Subasurf:

I reckon I was about 100m south of where you were: That little kid in your first pic charged a couple that were well and truly approaching 2x over his head... (and made the drop on most of them).

thommo 000
1670 posts
31 Dec 2012 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Happy New Year gang

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
31 Dec 2012 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
@Subasurf:

I reckon I was about 100m south of where you were: That little kid in your first pic charged a couple that were well and truly approaching 2x over his head... (and made the drop on most of them).

That first pick is a girl, with a pony tail ;-)
Her dad was helping her by pushing her into the waves. Was lots of fun for them and great fun to film.

GPA
WA, 2519 posts
31 Dec 2012 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Ok _ I was a little distance... but she def got into some bigger ones... her old man must have been hooting!!

Zuke
901 posts
31 Dec 2012 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

Snuck in one last surf for the year today with a new 'breezer for a decky. My long time stalker Buster fin, and funnily enough he managed to hit the reef with one of his fins.

There was a light onshore blowing but it was still pretty good. Only took the one pic of him on a smaller wave, the sets were half this size again.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
31 Dec 2012 8:15PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...
^^^
Ok _ I was a little distance... but she def got into some bigger ones... her old man must have been hooting!!

Yeah mate, he kept asking me if I reckon I got the shot. Wish I'd seen him in the carpark afterwards so I could get his email. Would have loved to given that little girl copies of all the pics. She'd have been stoked I reckon.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
31 Dec 2012 9:17PM
Thumbs Up

Just had by far my best surf of 2012. What a way to finish the year!

beagle
WA, 22 posts
1 Jan 2013 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

The surf today..................

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
2 Jan 2013 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

My mate's clip from the other day :)

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
2 Jan 2013 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Zuke, do you think we can better that^^^^^^?

Zuke
901 posts
2 Jan 2013 8:22PM
Thumbs Up

I don't want to Buster. I don't mind the odd still shot but I don't like video, it gives too much away. Anyway, you're back at work so it looks like I'll be on my own again for a while.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
2 Jan 2013 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Send me the video Zuke!
you know I'm good for it!

Zuke
901 posts
2 Jan 2013 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
3 Jan 2013 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

Love the view down the line as the guy drops down the face in subas mates clip.

Mdsurf
WA, 25 posts
4 Jan 2013 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

Smaller than expected this morning, few fun ones enjoyed by a handful of keen surfers

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
4 Jan 2013 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Went out at 5.30 this morning and was pretty disappointed. Will have a look at Cott this afternoon after I've sold my car
(Hopefully)

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
4 Jan 2013 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

I excitedly scooted on down for a session this arvo. Ended up doing a road trip and still couldn't get the excitement back after seeing what was on offer to how many.

Buster fin
WA, 2575 posts
5 Jan 2013 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Depressing isn't it?! I think I'll put my boards away till winter.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
5 Jan 2013 8:37AM
Thumbs Up

What do you know, kooks galore at ST.

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
5 Jan 2013 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Crowds too big? Opted to film in the water instead. Some very decent waves at the most popular spot in perth....shark alarm and all

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
5 Jan 2013 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

perfect conditions for one of my favourite waves, plenty out but still got my quota at three different locations. I'll post one crappy pic just for those that couldn't get out today due to various reasons

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
5 Jan 2013 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

Had a wave with the rest of Perth today, was the most crowded I have seen where I normally surf, that was not the entire problem though, the general attitude out there was pretty average!

Unbelievable - drop in's, snakes and general "ill vibe" in the water, had to really mellow out to avoid being sucked into it.

I have surfed there when it has been pretty crowded before and everyone was pretty chilled out and doing the righty, the circus was in town today!

Still had fun and enjoyed myself, hard not to when you are surfing in boardies and its offshore with swell early in January!

paulford
WA, 312 posts
5 Jan 2013 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

Body surfing at Port beach was hazardous!.. Sandtracks looked busy.

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
5 Jan 2013 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

31/12/12 south west - 2 guys out. Bliss all arvo.

Kimosabi
23 posts
5 Jan 2013 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

I can't believe the lack of manners of some of the guys who were out there yesterday.

Some guys will just paddle straight out and sit deeper than you when you've been sitting out the back for half an hour waiting for the set waves and then when you do get a set wave you've got half a dozen guys who don't know how to get out of the way in the way.

I'm going to start asking these guysif they have any manners and if a set wave comes, I'm dropping in on them which is something I'd prefer not to do.

TimKay
752 posts
5 Jan 2013 6:49PM
Thumbs Up

Offshore and swell on the weekend is the new onshore
The time you want to avoid
Sometimes it's just not worth it
Sure we all want to go for a wave but if it's going to do your head in I'd rather go do something else
Hang in there people

MickPC
8266 posts
5 Jan 2013 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

Crank'in in the great Southern, bit smaller than expected. But still well overhead & plenty of boards on roofracks headed in the other direction on the way down. Looking good till Wednesday

Kimosabi
23 posts
5 Jan 2013 10:23PM
Thumbs Up

Kimosabi said...
subasurf said...

I can't believe the lack of manners of some of the guys who were out there yesterday.

Some guys will just paddle straight out and sit deeper than you when you've been sitting out the back for half an hour waiting for the set waves and then when you do get a set wave you've got half a dozen guys who don't know how to get out of the way in the way.

I'm going to start asking these guysif they have any manners and if a set wave comes, I'm dropping in on them which is something I'd prefer not to do.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, there were guys fishing from the groyne and casting across where people were surfing including some 8 year old kids.

They got asked if they would stop fishing across the surfers and they suggested the surfers move down the beach even though the surfers were there first. When they were casting out their sinkers were sometimes landing no more than a foot away from the surfers.

It was the most obnoxious behaviour I've ever seen other than SUPper's snaking everyone...

TimKay
752 posts
5 Jan 2013 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

It's a good reflection of society today isn't it
Lack of tolerance and respect for anyone

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
5 Jan 2013 10:30PM
Thumbs Up

Just got home from two weeks down south at Albany. Mostly surfed Mutton Bird. No huge but fun and the biggest crowd was one day I had both kids with me

Spent the entire time almost with tyres at only 20 pound. SUP surfed the very small days and let me say that is a workout.

Might brave the crowd tomorrow.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie