Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
Zuke
901 posts
31 May 2013 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Bad luck Legion, but you have had a good run lately.

Nice clean glassy waves to be had this morning with a very light offshore and a bit of swell around. Pretty chilly though with having to scrape ice off the windscreen first!

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
31 May 2013 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Not that flash this morning. Southerly drift almost like a summer morning only it was freezing cold. Still thawing out and that's with a super warm oniel psyco pro suit

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
31 May 2013 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..
Not that flash this morning. Southerly drift almost like a summer morning only it was freezing cold. Still thawing out and that's with a super warm oniel psyco pro suit

The news said 3.2c this morning at 6.30am, I bet the sand was colder than that!!

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 May 2013 11:36AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA71 said..

Ctngoodvibes said..

The news said 3.2c this morning at 6.30am, I bet the sand was colder than that!!

I went and had my morning Gloria's coffee watching the surf. I was wondering just how i could consider getting into a wetsuit in those conditions..?

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
31 May 2013 11:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..
WA71 said..

Ctngoodvibes said..

I went and had my morning Gloria's coffee watching the surf. I was wondering just how i could consider getting into a wetsuit in those conditions..?

Looks like its pumping on the cams

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
31 May 2013 2:25PM
Thumbs Up

Christ it was cold out there today

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
31 May 2013 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..
Christ it was cold out there today

Did ya have a wettie?

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
31 May 2013 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I don't do boardies so much these days. Softening up.

t was a 2mm short sleeve. Water wasn't cold, wind chill on my head was diabolical hahaha

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
31 May 2013 3:15PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

t was a 2mm short sleeve. Water wasn't cold, wind chill on my head was diabolical hahaha

I recon light offshore wind is the coldest like today, brrrr wind chill

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
31 May 2013 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA71 said..

subasurf said..

All this cold talk is depressing.

This seems much nicer

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
31 May 2013 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

If you look at this morning's synoptic chart you can understand why the wind is so bloody cold. Brutal haha
Heading south in the morning.

sparki
WA, 410 posts
31 May 2013 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Got in at 11ish and the winds were pretty ordinary the entire time. Started at 2nds and got a few wedgy things, but very slow and definitely not the .8m Cott was recording. Heaps of southerly drift too. The section got a little crowded around lunch so I let the current take me with up to Perth's most popular wave. Wasn't bad at all. Nice and fun and they were holding up strangely well given the wind. No one hassling either.

Wasn't that cold ladies! Sure the wind was a bit nasty, but hell - we've had worse than that!

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
31 May 2013 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sparki said..

Wasn't that cold ladies! Sure the wind was a bit nasty, but hell - we've had worse than that!

ahh but you werent out there at dawn were you...

SP
10979 posts
31 May 2013 8:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA71 said..

subasurf said..

Hey, don't I know you from somewhere ?

Nice photos smicko.. This was a few weeks back over this way... The photos don't do it justice but I wasn't standing around to take anymore....

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
1 Jun 2013 12:14PM
Thumbs Up

Metro is VERY ordinary... small, inconsistent with little to no shape and slightly cross-shore.

I didn't bother...

mocha1
WA, 933 posts
1 Jun 2013 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

plain old POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this morning and swell bouys still read .69 this early AM!! and the sand is freakingly cold gotta walk in the water for warmth.

Not usual for Perth that we have suffered from too many good waves for too long that causes banks to re straighten!!!!!!

sparki
WA, 410 posts
1 Jun 2013 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Had an absolute ball from 11am. Not many people out and most left by lunch time. Small and big channels. But not that that matters when you've got a SUP.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
1 Jun 2013 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

Almost dead by the time i took grommet grandaughter down to Twigg, to flap around on her boogie board.. Still freezing on the sand and cool cool breeze.. .
Couldn't believe the brownie points from Granma, though, just for taking her down for a session...

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
1 Jun 2013 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
sparki said..

Had an absolute ball from 11am. Not many people out and most left by lunch time. Small and big channels. But not that that matters when you've got a SUP.

Yeah - I headed back down at 2:00pm and found the end of a section a few hundred meters down the beach that ran into a gutter and held up - so had a few fun ones on the mal...

A few crew came down at 3:30pm for the shift change as the wind had dropped right off.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
1 Jun 2013 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

mocha1 said..

plain old POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO this morning and swell bouys still read .69 this early AM!! and the sand is freakingly cold gotta walk in the water for warmth.

Not usual for Perth that we have suffered from too many good waves for too long that causes banks to re straighten!!!!!!

This is cold..
magicseaweed.com/news/nixon-surf-challenge-video-wrap/5331/

bene313
WA, 1347 posts
1 Jun 2013 7:23PM
Thumbs Up

Ducked out of the wind for a few fun ones on the south coast this morning.

Bottle of red plus fire now.

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
2 Jun 2013 10:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SP said...
WA71 said..

subasurf said..

Nice photos smicko.. This was a few weeks back over this way... The photos don't do it justice but I wasn't standing around to take anymore....

You may have seen me in such movies as.........

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
2 Jun 2013 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

^^^
Troy McClure

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
2 Jun 2013 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GPA said...
^^^
Troy McClure

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
2 Jun 2013 12:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA71 said...
SP said...
WA71 said..

subasurf said..

You may have seen me in such movies as.........

Fluffy bunny meets fuzzy bunny

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
2 Jun 2013 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

tiny tiny @ contacio's

still paddled the sup around and got a few breaking into a channel
not too cold at 400pm

not looking too good for tomorrow either , planning a road trip but not worth the effort

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
2 Jun 2013 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Not much happening down south over the weekend. Had a bit of glassy fun at redgate yesterday but didn't even bother today.

Zuke
901 posts
4 Jun 2013 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

Drove past smots early this morning and there was a nice small clean peak with a barreling right and no one out. I only saw one set of three waves but it looked good to me.

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
4 Jun 2013 9:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zuke said..
Drove past smots early this morning and there was a nice small clean peak with a barreling right and no one out. I only saw one set of three waves but it looked good to me.

Freak set

Zuke
901 posts
4 Jun 2013 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ We'll tell ourselves that doggie.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie