Novelty spot, couple hours ago.

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
19 Sep 2013 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
agnak said..
Novelty spot, couple hours ago.

Didnt spot the tip of the board until I had looked at the pic for ages, nice one tommo

agnak
311 posts
21 Sep 2013 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Headed out to a offshore reef last night was few allright waves thismorninarvo, kikin back now havin few cold ones and maybe a coupla hot ones, duey and cray on the go for dinna....tomorra lookin awsome....BRB!!.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
21 Sep 2013 6:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
agnak said..

Headed out to a offshore reef last night was few allright waves thismorninarvo, kikin back now havin few cold ones and maybe a coupla hot ones, duey and cray on the go for dinna....tomorra lookin awsome....BRB!!.

Haha that report beat my fun early morning surf with a SLS at a beach up my way. Was super fun and great job to Brock (SLS) for holding his Go Pro in his mouth the entire time

I paddled out, realised my fins were lose and had to paddle back in, run to car park, tighten them up and then get back into the water. Three weeks out and its crazy the paddle fitness you drop

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
24 Sep 2013 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

Novelty waves this week, lower the eyes a bit and get out for a paddle where you can, still worth the effort and better than the gym or bootcamp

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
24 Sep 2013 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

this would have to be the worst stretch of weather I can remember for some time, when was the last time it was offshore??? Looking at that right ^^^ is making me depressed and add to that he was eating dhufish and cray, damn you Thommo!!!

WA71
WA, 1382 posts
24 Sep 2013 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bakesy said..
this would have to be the worst stretch of weather I can remember for some time, when was the last time it was offshore??? Looking at that right ^^^ is making me depressed and add to that he was eating dhufish and cray, damn you Thommo!!!

Just keep think about the awesome banks we will have when it clears

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Sep 2013 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA71 said..

bakesy said..

Just keep think about the awesome banks we will have when it clears

Maybe even a few new artificial reefs

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
24 Sep 2013 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

northern beach JB?

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
24 Sep 2013 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Got marries there in April, nice spot, that's a shame!

Feel sorry for any bookings for a Spring wedding

They were gonna reno it but got knocked back by council..

Indodreaming
379 posts
24 Sep 2013 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Bakesy I am surprised !

Theres a couple of novelty spots set up well with this weather down our way.

I was sure I was going to see you and your boy at a few.

Last friday was the best set up in a few years and today just drove past same spot and the groms are onto it.

Yesterday was the best I had seen another spot all season

katana
WA, 644 posts
24 Sep 2013 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

saw a couple of nice clean rights come through in front of YELO! not real big but still overhead and pretty long

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
24 Sep 2013 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bakesy said..

northern beach JB?

Nah its down Margies way. It was on my FB page

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
24 Sep 2013 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

yeah I know Indo, have managed a few interesting sessions at a novelty break but tbh it was pretty crap. The grom has a new toy(quad bike) which has been the better option lately and may see me investing in a dirt bike but heading north for two weeks soon, hope to get that spot I last you saw you tomoz arvo though!

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
25 Sep 2013 12:32AM
Thumbs Up

JB, is that near the prev boat ramp?

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
25 Sep 2013 8:11AM
Thumbs Up

bakesy, you got your fine weather in June and what happened? A month of straight banks, small swell and closeouts. I love proper winter weather and after an extremely poor start it's been a great second half. Sure, I'd prefer 6' and offshore or glassy but I'll take 3-4' stormy onshore with good banks over this June's conditions any day. There's one down side to this current run, as there is every year at this time ... no matter, but it's always sad.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
25 Sep 2013 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
subasurf said..

JB, is that near the prev boat ramp?

Yeah i think so. I think they called it the White Elephant Cafe

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
25 Sep 2013 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

yeah fair point Legion, I like to catch fish though and the ocean has not been a place for me for the last three weeks. We really don't have a protected spot from the wind direction lately but maybe I'm not trying hard enough! The downside has been conspicious in its absence hasn't it?

subasurf
WA, 2153 posts
25 Sep 2013 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Got a good but rough surf in on Monday evening/sunset for a few hours. Struggle town to get out but the bigger waves were worth it. It was howling, raining, rough as guts but when you got a decent one with some size it had enough workable sections that it was 'yeeew' producing material when you finally kicked out.

Went in at tearooms this morning also. For about half an hour it was working quite well as the waves were wedging up nice off the point. Then it turned to absolute 5hit and packed out with lidders.

Good to be salty.

Watch out for the bluebottles. Every duck dive was like russian roulette

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
25 Sep 2013 4:12PM
Thumbs Up

after 10 days run of novelty spots in tucked away corners, today finally see's it all draw to a close. I hint that it was possibly the best i have seen those waves for the 20 years ive been visiting the area. Not so much for size but for shape.

Souwester
WA, 1258 posts
25 Sep 2013 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

I know what ya mean, little wedgy waves on the fish have been super fun this last week or so, something about getting a protected wave when the coast is out of control feels pretty good.

Mitts46
WA, 104 posts
25 Sep 2013 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Yes I love winter in the bay

Buster fin
WA, 2573 posts
25 Sep 2013 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

Put your hand up if you were crazy/clueless enough to be out at Smot this arvo.

Keep it up if your body and board are unscathed.

I can't see any hands...

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Sep 2013 11:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buster fin said..

Put your hand up if you were crazy/clueless enough to be out at Smot this arvo.

Keep it up if your body and board are unscathed.

I can't see any hands...

I actually hit my Northern beach brake and then it hit me back trying to do the old pile driver trick. F-rken saw today with god knows what could be wrong. Praying its just muscle and neck soreness and not a collar bone but getting checked out at 2:30

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
26 Sep 2013 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

Good luck with it mate and thanks for the help this morning.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
26 Sep 2013 2:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..

Good luck with it mate and thanks for the help this morning.

No worries was happy to help. Although you seemed in worse shape than me

This getting old thing has nobs on it

bakesy
WA, 682 posts
26 Sep 2013 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

details, this sounds interesting.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
26 Sep 2013 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote