Forums > Surfing Shortboards

Legions surf report :: Daily updates..

Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
21 Apr 2011 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

Legion said...

Cove. That's why the local club boardriders' flagship event for as long as I can remember is called Queen of the Cove (a takeoff of Trigg's King of the Point).

I prefer 'Cott Reef' ahahah but 'Cove' will do. Yeah I remember the comps they use to do there. Was so pissed off once when I got there for a surf, waves were good and the water was chockas full of old long boarders who could barely catch a wave and we couldn't go out there

Anyhoo...seeing as I'm stuck in Perth for the next week looks like I'll just hit up Secrets a lot...or Trigg. Probably Secrets...cleaner swell....I hope

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
21 Apr 2011 5:45PM
Thumbs Up

I doubt there'd ever be any mal comps at Cove. Maybe you're thinking Isolateds, or "Isolators" as the baby boomers call it these days. Paddling out there now would be my idea of hell. It used to be fun as a grommet in a howling SW through NW onshore with big wind waves, but that's about it.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
21 Apr 2011 6:20PM
Thumbs Up

Might be isolators...not sure.
Either way...we can all agree that Perth sucks for surf

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
21 Apr 2011 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

where is everyone? no one around? my arms are killing me. thanks to everyone for not coming.

bolgo
WA, 881 posts
21 Apr 2011 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

well good 4m down south yesterday
north point super solid, guys sitting 50m out from the rocks
a few good kegs but wasnt quite lining up

there was international lid contest at the box, would have been some mega barrels

thou said 3m this morning but not so sure, huzza's dribbling, whereas on monday 2.5m swell huzza was headheight plus - kids had fun thou

mellow mon, tues and even first thing this morning

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
25 Apr 2011 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

Kuta reef been good all week but not big
Just arrived at nusa lembonon swell same as Bali shoulder to head
Looks like fin days ahead

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
26 Apr 2011 10:32AM
Thumbs Up

Well I would say it looks like about 1foot ATM
Swell due to arrive this avo with the tide

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
26 Apr 2011 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

bastard.
Get some diving in while ya there.

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
26 Apr 2011 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

bastard.
Get some diving in while ya there.

Whent snorkeling mate it kills rotto
Young Josh had the best waves late avo
Head hight at lasarations he is frothing
Pu 6 waves 100m long yeew

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
27 Apr 2011 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like we are back in the winter cycle, YAY!!

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
27 Apr 2011 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

spot1 said...
Whent snorkeling mate it kills rotto

Tell me about it. Done a few scuba dives at Lembongan and it was so good. Visability is unbelievable.

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
27 Apr 2011 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

This place is fkn sick as it's been offsoa and barreling all fkn day and I mean barreling 5 sec and spit at the end and then runs off 100m

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
27 Apr 2011 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

**** you man

If I didn't lose my ONLY key for my Subaru today ($450) I'd be buying a ticket to Bali for May.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
28 Apr 2011 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

Went surfing twice today.

Secrets was big but the tide and wind kind of killed it. Some dudes were getting great rides...I wasn't one of them. Left there, went to a booty call, had some lunch then checked out Isolators...just got back.

AWESOME! Only a couple other guys out and some real nice big banks rolling through. Not the greatest waves but with only a couple of older dudes to compete with I got more rides in a session then ever before.

yeeew!

Pitty the swell dies next week...mate get's back from 7 months in Dallas on Sunday....he'll be gutted he missed it.

wodgina6722
WA, 229 posts
29 Apr 2011 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Hey,

I'm going to surf sercrets tomorrow, there is a fair bit swell and I'm taking a learner mate. Is there anywhere close which will have swell but also be more learner friendly?

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Apr 2011 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Secrets was big but the tide and wind kind of killed it. Some dudes were getting great rides...I wasn't one of them. Left there, went to a booty call, had some lunch then checked out Isolators...just got back.

AWESOME! Only a couple other guys out and some real nice big banks rolling through. Not the greatest waves but with only a couple of older dudes to compete with I got more rides in a session then ever before.

yeeew!

Pitty the swell dies next week...mate get's back from 7 months in Dallas on Sunday....he'll be gutted he missed it.

With a booty call for lunch how does the day get better??

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Apr 2011 12:55PM
Thumbs Up

wodgina6722 said...

Hey,

I'm going to surf sercrets tomorrow, there is a fair bit swell and I'm taking a learner mate. Is there anywhere close which will have swell but also be more learner friendly?

Go further to the south, gets real good on a big swell but doesnt cop as much as up the beach. Have fun it gets good but go about 500m down.

Ados
WA, 421 posts
29 Apr 2011 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

wodgina6722 said...

Hey,

At what stage of learning is your friend at? can he duck dive? and stand up and go along the face of a wave? it all depends on how confident and capable he is in crowded surf.
It looks like a pretty decent swell for tomorrow so it might not be great for learners in most places, especially with the anticipated weekend crowds. next week as the swell is dropping looks much better.
I do wish you luck as this weekend is going to be sooooo busy now that everyone is back from Easter.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
29 Apr 2011 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

Just head straight up the path at the Surf Club, and drop your newbie mate between the surf school's Aussie Flags.

The beach is huge, if you want a quieter spot just get walking.

Ados
WA, 421 posts
29 Apr 2011 1:14PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

yeeew!

Went to Cott last night after work and surfed until sun down. only me and four others out. I think people got scared by the wind forecast. got a few nice little ones on the Mal. Might do the same tomorrow. crowds should be fun.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
29 Apr 2011 1:26PM
Thumbs Up

Ados said...

subasurf said...

yeeew!

Went to Cott last night after work and surfed until sun down. only me and four others out. I think people got scared by the wind forecast. got a few nice little ones on the Mal. Might do the same tomorrow. crowds should be fun.

F$$%k I have to work tomorrow

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
29 Apr 2011 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

With a booty call for lunch how does the day get better??

Bloody oath. Stoked I managed to line up a booty call not far from where I always go surfing. Life from now on will be so much more enjoyable

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
30 Apr 2011 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

have a look were the boat droped us of yesterday

Ados
WA, 421 posts
30 Apr 2011 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

spot1 said...

have a look were the boat droped us of yesterday

Well, that looks terrible.

Seriously, that is awesome and I am so, so jealous. keep up the good work.

thommo 000
1670 posts
30 Apr 2011 2:01PM
Thumbs Up

1' 30+ out

wodgina6722
WA, 229 posts
30 Apr 2011 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

Ados said...

wodgina6722 said...

Hey,

At what stage of learning is your friend at? can he duck dive? and stand up and go along the face of a wave? it all depends on how confident and capable he is in crowded surf.
It looks like a pretty decent swell for tomorrow so it might not be great for learners in most places, especially with the anticipated weekend crowds. next week as the swell is dropping looks much better.
I do wish you luck as this weekend is going to be sooooo busy now that everyone is back from Easter.

His Irish.

wodgina6722
WA, 229 posts
30 Apr 2011 4:15PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

wodgina6722 said...

Hey,

Go further to the south, gets real good on a big swell but doesnt cop as much as up the beach. Have fun it gets good but go about 500m down.

Had a nice surf today. Never surfed secrets in 29 years in Perth. I went futher south anyway to get away from the circus and had some fun.

My learner Irish mate never made it, he broke his rib drunken 'play fighting' with his mates or more likey 'real life fighting' beens his Irish.

grumplestiltskin
WA, 2331 posts
30 Apr 2011 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

the 3 metre swell certainly came through today

trevor1
WA, 598 posts
1 May 2011 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

any hints/guesses where ?

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
1 May 2011 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Went to Perth's most popular beach break this morning and it was crap.
You'll never find a more retched hive of scum and villainy.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie