Created by doggie > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2010
grumplestiltskin
WA, 2331 posts
1 May 2011 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

trevor1 said...

any hints/guesses where ?

Lano,
the mega waves are out behind back beach, there was a bunch of blokes with jetskis doing tow ins.

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
1 May 2011 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

someone wanted a pic
you get the idea

DannyBoi
2 posts
3 May 2011 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Is that Padang with a right?

spot1
WA, 1588 posts
3 May 2011 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

DannyBoi said...

Is that Padang with a right?

long way from there

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
4 May 2011 5:09PM
Thumbs Up

Lembos

synsies1000
WA, 270 posts
6 May 2011 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

WA coast lighting up today with some awesome conditions prevailing into tomorrow, with some great winds and swell next week

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
6 May 2011 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Went to secrets today...barrels big enough to swallow my 4WD

Then went to Isolators...was okay....

Ados
WA, 421 posts
7 May 2011 2:16PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Went to secrets today...barrels big enough to swallow my 4WD

Then went to Isolators...was okay....

had a look local. to many people it was a joke.. Went for a jog instead. early this week might be better.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
7 May 2011 6:36PM
Thumbs Up

Looked at Trigg at 12 o'clock and it was quite big and mostly closing out - lots of blow-back and it was white-capping all the way to Rotto... drove up and down the coast and decided to wait until the wind dropped...

Went out at Trigg 2:30pm and surfed until about 4:15pm... swell dropping rapidly (less than half what it was 2hrs earlier), but the shape was MUCH better... got a few I was pleased with...

Not sure how much swell will be there tomorrow... best do the right thing and go visit your Mum!!

coreyb
WA, 463 posts
7 May 2011 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

I had to work in the morning, but there were some fun little ones in the arvo.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
8 May 2011 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

Ayres Rock was good yesterday, bit overhead on the sets. Would have stayed out longer but got a ripping cramp!!

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
8 May 2011 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Went to Secrets yesterday morning. Was pretty decent and got a real nice tube ride

Then went for a midday sesh at Cott....rubbish.

GPA
WA, 2520 posts
8 May 2011 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

GPA said...

Looked at Trigg at 12 o'clock and it was quite big and mostly closing out - lots of blow-back and it was white-capping all the way to Rotto... drove up and down the coast and decided to wait until the wind dropped...

Went out at Trigg 2:30pm and surfed until about 4:15pm... swell dropping rapidly (less than half what it was 2hrs earlier), but the shape was MUCH better... got a few I was pleased with...

Not sure how much swell will be there tomorrow... best do the right thing and go visit your Mum!!

small to zero swell 10am today at the same location... got three decent ones on the fish, then it went LULL... went back got the LB outta the car; got two more fun waist high R Handers right to the shore... then lots of NOTHING... and more and more people coming out... must be Trigg!!

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
9 May 2011 10:15AM
Thumbs Up

east coast has been pretty good this week...surfed for 2 hours this morning with 2 other guys and a booger at a local spot that has finally got its bank back after a couple of years with nada.....pretty nice when you can get a 3-4 foot wave that dredges and morphs ..courtesy of a refracting wedge, into a wave where i didn't have to bend over to get barrelled..(and no i'm not 5'2) late to work again......

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
9 May 2011 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Had a ripper sesh this arvo after work at Isolators.
Head high banks rolling through and only one other guy in the water. Perfect.

I was done by the time the word had spread and all the locals were down

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
10 May 2011 9:57AM
Thumbs Up

Morning sesh this morning at Isolators again...

So typical of the morning crowds. So many guys going right when they should be going left and got dropped in on so many times. People need to open their bloody eyes...smashed in the ankle by some retarded longboarder and almost hit in the head by some fat balding SUP rider who fell off his board on flat water, kicks his board into the air for some reason, it flips, I duck, just misses me...

Not a good session

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 May 2011 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Morning sesh this morning at Isolators again...

So typical of the morning crowds. So many guys going right when they should be going left and got dropped in on so many times. People need to open their bloody eyes...smashed in the ankle by some retarded longboarder and almost hit in the head by some fat balding SUP rider who fell off his board on flat water, kicks his board into the air for some reason, it flips, I duck, just misses me...

Not a good session

Sounds like Trigg Point!!

Souwester
WA, 1259 posts
10 May 2011 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Yep that sounds like a lousy morning session. When that happens it tends to ruin my whole day. I have had a canoe drop in on me at a metro reefie. Had to actually grab the nose of the goat boat to stop him from landing on me as I swung around on the bottom turn!! Not even a "sorry mate" which is the least you can do.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 May 2011 2:23PM
Thumbs Up

Souwester said...

Yep that sounds like a lousy morning session. When that happens it tends to ruin my whole day. I have had a canoe drop in on me at a metro reefie. Had to actually grab the nose of the goat boat to stop him from landing on me as I swung around on the bottom turn!! Not even a "sorry mate" which is the least you can do.

Bloody goatboats!! Ive been hit by a couple, not nice

Ados
WA, 421 posts
10 May 2011 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Souwester said...

I have never taken a shortboard out there cause I cant compete with the old longboarders. thats when I unsheath the 9'8.

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 May 2011 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Ados said...

doggie said...

Souwester said...

I have never taken a shortboard out there cause I cant compete with the old longboarders. thats when I unsheath the 9'8.

Surfed there once, thats it

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
10 May 2011 4:27PM
Thumbs Up

Ados said...

I never use to either, until I got fitter than 99.9% of the guys that surf there. Now I still out paddle them on my shortie and get to do cool things like turn

But yeah. Lousy sesh this morning. Didn't let it ruin my day but it did really piss me off. My shin is killing me from that dickhead longer boarder and my job requires me to walk 20+ km per day....yay

Torch
WA, 521 posts
10 May 2011 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

mettams pools was fun on the fish, didnt have a paddle battle once which was surprising

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
10 May 2011 4:39PM
Thumbs Up

Torch said...

mettams pools was fun on the fish, didnt have a paddle battle once which was surprising

Was that up the north end?

Ados
WA, 421 posts
10 May 2011 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

subasurf said...

Ados said...

I never use to either, until I got fitter than 99.9% of the guys that surf there. Now I still out paddle them on my shortie and get to do cool things like turn

But yeah. Lousy sesh this morning. Didn't let it ruin my day but it did really piss me off. My shin is killing me from that dickhead longer boarder and my job requires me to walk 20+ km per day....yay

My hat goes off to you ! I am 40 and the wrong side of 100kg so a shortie at Isos isnt really an option for me and I need a bit of push to get going!But I agree there are some tools out there and I am sorry that you got hit by a stoopid longboarder.

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
10 May 2011 5:36PM
Thumbs Up

Ados said...
But I agree there are some tools out there and I am sorry that you got hit by a stoopid longboarder.

Yeah it's all good really. Just wish people would learn to apologise when they've put you at risk and ruined your wave. Never had an issue with anyone that said sorry.
Ahwell...boo hoo huh. That's surfing. I know I'll be back out there the moment I can

Torch
WA, 521 posts
10 May 2011 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

doggie said...

Torch said...

not sure, pretty much out the front of "Soda"

subasurf
WA, 2154 posts
10 May 2011 7:43PM
Thumbs Up

Starting to feel better about the lack of great surf the past couple weeks.
Just found out I'm off to Bali in a few weeks. YEEEW!

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
11 May 2011 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Torch said...

doggie said...

Torch said...

not sure, pretty much out the front of "Soda"

Yea north, gets good up there

doggie
WA, 15849 posts
13 May 2011 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

Low surf warning for local WA beaches

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"Legions surf report :: Daily updates.." started by doggie