Forums > Surfing Shortboards

starboard day Adelaide

Created by TAA > 9 months ago, 24 Nov 2013
bene313
WA, 1347 posts
13 Dec 2013 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Oh - this thread is still going?

I thought it was resolved on the first page.

jbshack
WA, 6913 posts
13 Dec 2013 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

This video is a little better..
Also explains construction a little.
Price is still out their

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
13 Dec 2013 12:59PM
Thumbs Up

......pig boards.....
(Sorry couldn't help it )

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
13 Dec 2013 2:42PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jbshack said..

Price is still out their
?rel=0

Gee, they look good in that clip.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Dec 2013 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DARTH said..

jbshack said..

Price is still out their
?rel=0

Gee, they look good in that clip.

um no they dont...could you explain how they do...all i saw was rail turns that could not be finished...a few hacks thats lost their way...and some chop hopping. would love to hear what you thought was great about it.

sparx well said...i am riding that many different craft atm and hpsb is probably the only board i will never ride again,unless i have some extra spare coin just to challenge myself. its not about being a rubbish surfer,more about where i can have the most fun and with what craft will suit

on the unbreakable investment board...what a crock. yes carbon will make boards dent proof...but snap proof pffft,no matter how many people want to stand on a board. a very nice marketing ploy

JOYRIDER
705 posts
13 Dec 2013 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Legion said..

JOYRIDER said..
The Starboards are aimed to be a long lasting, light weight, small wave option for the everyday guy.

So why price them as a premium product?

And why brand them with sup branding?

And why do they cost as much as a 10' sup board that's twice the material cost?

I don't care one way or another if people buy them. It's just fun making fun of them.

who said a premium product has to be made for surfing big hollowing heaving barrels or glassy overhead waves.

get with the program.
99.9% of surfers in oz have to settle with surfing below desirable waves.
yes, we do on occasion get waves that we are stoked with but more often then not we settle for dribble.

i know that whenever i go hunting for a new board, its always a "groveller".
i have a performance stick, but mate, it looks like it did 4 years ago when i bought it and it gets used twice a year.

so if a guy (or girl) spends $1000+ on a high tech board, thats gonna last, feels nice to ride and suits the daily dribble they get dished up with, then sweet. and if their stoked.... then even better.

enjoy living in a world of the closing pages of surf mags, dreaming of somewhere closer to the equator and smoking buds with your old crusty local shaper below 19" wide shaper.

things are getting, flatter fatter and lighter.

(by the way, they cost close to half the price of a carbon 10ft SUP. and the logo is recognised by more people worldwide then merrick.

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
13 Dec 2013 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JOYRIDER said..
(by the way ... the logo is recognised by more people worldwide then merrick.

Like Coca-Cola and McDonalds?

Legion
WA, 2222 posts
13 Dec 2013 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

You're right about my shaper though. Crusty old pu/pe addict who just can't do anything innovative. He loves me asking for hpsbs.

JOYRIDER
705 posts
13 Dec 2013 9:52PM
Thumbs Up

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
13 Dec 2013 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JOYRIDER said...
Legion said..

JOYRIDER said..
The Starboards are aimed to be a long lasting, light weight, small wave option for the everyday guy.

So why price them as a premium product?

And why brand them with sup branding?

And why do they cost as much as a 10' sup board that's twice the material cost?

I don't care one way or another if people buy them. It's just fun making fun of them.

who said a premium product has to be made for surfing big hollowing heaving barrels or glassy overhead waves.

get with the program.
99.9% of surfers in oz have to settle with surfing below desirable waves.
yes, we do on occasion get waves that we are stoked with but more often then not we settle for dribble.

i know that whenever i go hunting for a new board, its always a "groveller".
i have a performance stick, but mate, it looks like it did 4 years ago when i bought it and it gets used twice a year.

so if a guy (or girl) spends $1000+ on a high tech board, thats gonna last, feels nice to ride and suits the daily dribble they get dished up with, then sweet. and if their stoked.... then even better.

enjoy living in a world of the closing pages of surf mags, dreaming of somewhere closer to the equator and smoking buds with your old crusty local shaper below 19" wide shaper.

things are getting, flatter fatter and lighter.

(by the way, they cost close to half the price of a carbon 10ft SUP. and the logo is recognised by more people worldwide then merrick.

I can tell you SUP...

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
13 Dec 2013 9:58PM
Thumbs Up

joy rider...since you seem to be in the loop,please explain to me my post...re,carbon being dent proof..yes it it is better than pu,but will snap just as easily...and surf fx still say 1800 for a board,so that is sup prices....you can post a pic of pauline up with your red headed clown and please explain

JOYRIDER
705 posts
14 Dec 2013 11:01AM
Thumbs Up

chrispy said..

joy rider...since you seem to be in the loop,please explain to me my post...re,carbon being dent proof..yes it it is better than pu,but will snap just as easily...and surf fx still say 1800 for a board,so that is sup prices....you can post a pic of pauline up with your red headed clown and please explain

http://star-board-surf.com/tech

doesn't say much about unbreakable or snap proof. not sure where that came from.

also if you can find a high end brand name carbon SUP for $1800 (new) let me know, because it'll be a bargain.

But to be totally honest i couldn't give 2****s about whether people buy them or not.

the thing i find the funniest about the whole topic is the old school twits that can't accept new things.

i bet you all doubted twins and then thrusters when they came out.

then SUP's and now futuristic technology.

enjoy your sun burnt PU single fins lads.

i'm going grovelling on my epoxy short, flat and wide stick, that was dropped off by men from a future land.

and guess what, ill have fun cos it works in **** surf.

quirkus
WA, 322 posts
14 Dec 2013 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

^^^ "Active stringer" ,,, a bit like a long board foamie?
,,, its alive,,, rocker changes with the load,,,

for (*&*%^#$ sake, someone start a katana thread,,, this free pr isn't cricket..

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
14 Dec 2013 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

I must say, great read this thread keep it going.

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
15 Dec 2013 9:33PM
Thumbs Up

Bump

surferstu
1011 posts
15 Dec 2013 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

Why is it top secret how much they are in Australia.

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
15 Dec 2013 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

'Cos like any multinational product they price them to suit their individual markets.

LateStarter
WA, 589 posts
16 Dec 2013 8:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
smicko said..

'Cos like any multinational product they price them to suit their individual markets.

This is a product that people don't need, yet is priced and marketed to those who clearly don't know any better, but consider brand association more important that suitability for purpose or price.

Seriously, 6ft by 2ft, and indestructible? I could save myself 18 hundred bucks and get the same level of performance from surfing a cupboard door.

TAA
SA, 1160 posts
16 Dec 2013 1:40PM
Thumbs Up

I thought you boys would be happy with the new starboard
after you pro's have a **** surf
The active stringer put to it's test

PaddlePig
WA, 421 posts
16 Dec 2013 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

I can't believe this thread is still going. Seriously, can we just put in a complaint and get the whole thing deleted. It is a waste of space.

TAA
SA, 1160 posts
16 Dec 2013 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PaddlePig said...
I can't believe this thread is still going. Seriously, can we just put in a complaint and get the whole thing deleted. It is a waste of space.

Don't read or reply then...easy fixed

Ctngoodvibes
WA, 1403 posts
16 Dec 2013 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^^ i think paddle pig might be referring to the fact that the whole thread was a blatant advert from yourself. Maybe better to advertise in the SUP forum.

chrispy
WA, 9675 posts
16 Dec 2013 3:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Ctngoodvibes said..

^^^^^^ i think paddle pig might be referring to the fact that the whole thread was a blatant advert from yourself. Maybe better to advertise in the SUP forum.

maybe advertise it in a way that he does not seem more ****ed up than the crap he is pimping...alas it is already to late for that

TAA
SA, 1160 posts
16 Dec 2013 7:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
chrispy said...
Ctngoodvibes said..

maybe advertise it in a way that he does not seem more ****ed up than the crap he is pimping...alas it is already to late for that

No advertising here...not a shop or rep..just showing something new...but we have been there
For the few people who don't like the shape or product you seem to reply a lot to this post.
Now that is advertising how smart you are.
Don't like it,don't read or post ,simple

Reflex Films
WA, 1445 posts
19 Dec 2013 9:40PM
Thumbs Up

few pigs in here:

check the vanguard style board in the last 1/3 of the show- i think that just might be the future of surfboards

DARTH
WA, 3028 posts
19 Dec 2013 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

If they were $700-800 for small surf I would consider one, chest to waist high.

I'm looking at putting a wave pool in the new Death Star, perfect for the hard pool edges

smicko
WA, 2503 posts
20 Dec 2013 12:42AM
Thumbs Up

Woof!

62mac
WA, 24860 posts
20 Dec 2013 5:59AM
Thumbs Up

I knew from the beginning this topic had 6 pages in it

weiry
QLD, 5396 posts
20 Dec 2013 10:37AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
TAA said...
PaddlePig said...

Don't read or reply then...easy fixed

^^^ + 1

ulx
53 posts
14 Jan 2014 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

i am probably the worst surfer around here. about 90 % of my experience comes from strapless kitesurfing, about 8 % from SUP and a tiny bit from actual surfing as there are hardly ever any surfable waves where i live. and the surfing i did wasn't too much fun because i was trying to get waves most of the time and i can't get myself to getting a longboard.

just came back from a holiday where i stumbled over the 6' Ultra. Had it for only half an hour but had so much fun and so many waves like never before on a surfboard. i hadn't thought it was possible for me to have fun on such a short board. since then i am looking for a less expensive alternative. haven't found anything yet but have to get something like that. the closest i saw was the lost couch potato. maybe that is where get will go to. but the ultra was such a great board for me. only too expensive.

Subscribe

Forums > Surfing Shortboards

"starboard day Adelaide" started by TAA