Forums > Windsurfing General

Caption Comp 183

Created by Carantoc > 9 months ago, 1 May 2011
landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
2 May 2011 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

im really impressed that Da vinci almost got the wallpaper to match the doctor's avatar background

busterwa
3777 posts
3 May 2011 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7960 posts
3 May 2011 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

( not a caption..) Most laughs I've had in a long while..

Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
3 May 2011 12:00PM
Thumbs Up

OK fellas we have got two new operating systems, bible 1.0 and koran 1.0 which one do you think we should release first?
What, no one can agree, you guys are hopeless, I say we go alphabetically, and enough with the stupid arguments, go out and sell this system.

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
3 May 2011 2:45PM
Thumbs Up

Oh I was there. I forgot. Bloody red wine really does a number on me....

rohjar
WA, 140 posts
3 May 2011 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

"And the Lord spake unto his disciples, even using careful hand gestures to explain how a board can have continuous rocker with flex at the ends, AND a single concave the size of a dinner plate in the middle. The disciples were aghast, and angrily denied the existence, let alone performance characteristics of such a shape."

knigit
WA, 319 posts
3 May 2011 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

barn said...

dinsdale said...

As a Christian, I find this one particularly offensive. Just because we don't threaten to behead your family and blow you up doesn't make us fair game. Show a little respect!

Is this a Poe, i'm certainly sucked in.. but I'll bite anyway..

How about the Christian opposition to birth control, leading to overpopulation and AIDs epidemics, or the trial of Galileo, the Inquisitions, the Crusades, the anti semitic Christian doctrine that blamed the ALL the Jews for what Judas did after this very scene.. The dark ages... The witch hunts.. The homophobia.. The widespread denial of the fact of evolution.. the alleged moral superiority.. Knocking on my door on saturday morning.. Those stupid fish bumper stickers..

You Christians don't behead or blow us up anymore over Blasphemy, but once upon a time you did..

Blasphemy is a victimless crime! Nothing is sacred..

Christianity is an incoherent plagarised hypothesis riddled with lies and based on the hearsay of a hearsay from delusional desert folk that were ignorant of the world..

Edit** By request I have deleted the Zombie Jesus last supper painting, It was offensive and entirely incorrect, as Jesus only because a Zombie 3 days later..

Respect?.

Please let this win so that we can have the zombie pic for the next caption comp

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
3 May 2011 5:57PM
Thumbs Up

"It's only a standup paddle board ! I had a quick ride down in Galilee !.. you blokes make it out like its a crucifiable offence!"

barn
WA, 2960 posts
3 May 2011 5:00PM
Thumbs Up

Unfortunately, Rapter Jesus made poor choices for his Disciples, who could neither read nor write... his teachings were forgotten and replaced with stuff any hippy could think up... Leading to 2000 years of disease, famine and war... In hindsight Rapter Jesus figured he should have visited China, or Greece..

pweedas
WA, 4642 posts
3 May 2011 5:52PM
Thumbs Up

dinsdale said...

As a Christian, I find this one particularly offensive. Just because we don't threaten to behead your family and blow you up doesn't make US fair game. Show a little respect!

I agree.
I also hope that everyone notes that this thread has been running for a few days and there has been no fatwa issued, no suicide bombings of inocent people who didn't even know the thread was running, no uproars and burning effigies in the streets,... no anything really.

That's a lot different to what could be expected if the picture denigrated some other particular religious leader who I wont even mention in case I raise the ire of his followers.

It shows a huge inequality in how things are teated now in this country.

albers
NSW, 1737 posts
3 May 2011 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Some of you might enjoy this "comedic" piece about religion!

PS: Don't watch this video if you are offended by profanities (just a few).

barn
WA, 2960 posts
3 May 2011 7:31PM
Thumbs Up

pweedas said...

dinsdale said...

As a Christian, I find this one particularly offensive. Just because we don't threaten to behead your family and blow you up doesn't make US fair game. Show a little respect!

I agree.
I also hope that everyone notes that this thread has been running for a few days and there has been no fatwa issued, no suicide bombings of inocent people who didn't even know the thread was running, no uproars and burning effigies in the streets,... no anything really.

That's a lot different to what could be expected if the picture denigrated some other particular religious leader who I wont even mention in case I raise the ire of his followers.

It shows a huge inequality in how things are teated now in this country.

I have noted it, and I must say a big congratulations Christians, for being so restrained and not issuing any death threats... It shows great restraint on your collective behalf... A fantastic achievement.... Nobody has been drawn and quartered, no witches have been burnt at the stake... You truly are the most sophisticated of the worlds Religions..

BTW I was teasing a Batman fan the other day, and he got so angry that I said Batman didn't exist he sprayed me with his Bat-Mace... I wont tell you what this toddler did when I told him Santa was a figment of his imagination...

I do find it very funny that you thought you had to point this out.. gets my vote for funniest sentence on this thread..

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
3 May 2011 10:39PM
Thumbs Up

I gather Dinsdale wouldn't have found "Life of Brian" very amusing then.

SmellySkater
110 posts
4 May 2011 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Some people spend to much time on seabreeze.

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
4 May 2011 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

Once again, due to arguing and disagreement, J.C. had to "miracle up" some cash for the resturant bill.

Bristol
ACT, 343 posts
4 May 2011 1:32PM
Thumbs Up

The big J: Look, Flip, for the final time! I DON'T KNOW when the chicks are arriving! Ask my father!

sailpilot
QLD, 783 posts
4 May 2011 10:06PM
Thumbs Up

Please Mark will you again show these two amatuers on my left how to pick it properly

sailpilot
QLD, 783 posts
4 May 2011 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

sausage said...

I gather Dinsdale wouldn't have found "Life of Brian" very amusing then.

I knew it Sausage.....your not the messiah, your a very naughty boy.

sideskirt
328 posts
4 May 2011 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

So, does everybody want soup?

decrepit
WA, 12014 posts
4 May 2011 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

Take Mark's mask off and it looks like Mary to me.

Windxtasy
WA, 4014 posts
4 May 2011 11:32PM
Thumbs Up

decrepit said...

Take Mark's mask off and it looks like Mary to me.

You should know Mike. Your avatar painted the original!

albers
NSW, 1737 posts
5 May 2011 7:00AM
Thumbs Up

I've always wondered why no one is sitting on the other side of the table!

PS: Or are they all watching the footie on the big screen at the bottom of the picture

Windxtasy
WA, 4014 posts
5 May 2011 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Mr. No-one
WA, 921 posts
7 May 2011 2:02AM
Thumbs Up

You will notice the big "W" that out lines Jesus at the centre, this is an obvious attempt to win a prize on the Western Front>

Mr. No-one
WA, 921 posts
7 May 2011 2:29AM
Thumbs Up

Jesus: " Man, I'm so wasted right now, I'm not doing that again! "

And who's the short arse on the chair that Green Leaders looking at?
We always sit on the same side of the table to.

Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
7 May 2011 12:06PM
Thumbs Up

JC: OK guys I need you to organize some sort of patriarchal social organization to promote our beliefs.

Paul: Are you thinking of, maybe a biker squad , where we all ride around on Harleys?

JC: No Dude I'm talking about guys hanging together and talking about the important stuff,
you know, the “ Big Questions of Life” and trying to decide “Whats True and Righteous”.

Paul: So you think we should set up some sort of Internet forum,to discuss water sports and stuff?

JC: No dude, I'm talking about a religious organization to spread love and good will to all men.

Paul: Damn, no need to get all messianic on us JC, do we at least get to dress up a bit and do some chanting?

Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
7 May 2011 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Josh Stone is guest of honour at the Seabreeze dinner.

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
9 May 2011 2:58PM
Thumbs Up

What about this fabric ???

Carantoc
WA, 6519 posts
9 May 2011 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

I'll award:

Victory to Prawnhead for :

"It's only a standup paddle board ! I had a quick ride down in Galilee !.. you blokes make it out like its a crucifiable offence!"

For getting references to watersports, the original source and being rude about somebody, but not offending any Christians.

Reserve Champion to rohjar for

"And the Lord spake unto his disciples, even using careful hand gestures to explain how a board can have continuous rocker with flex at the ends, AND a single concave the size of a dinner plate in the middle. The disciples were aghast, and angrily denied the existence, let alone performance characteristics of such a shape."

Special Commendation to Windxtasy for

WWA end of season party.
Tired of the loaves and fishes trick, the disciples badger Jesus to turn more water into wine

Unfortunately I am not sure everybody there were WWA members, maybe some are just West Australian wanna-bes]

and Commendation to Bender for a flatulance gag (always a winner)

Edit
Ritchiefish - late entry not considered

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
9 May 2011 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

thanks carantoc....even if i am a dirty stinking surfer /(gasp) kiter..have to occasionally look at the windsurfing forums for a little bit of intellectual stimulation...i promise to stop wearing boardshorts over my wetsuit this winter!!
please send the prize money to..............
cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Caption Comp 183" started by Carantoc