Forums > Windsurfing General

Caption comp 236

Created by choco > 9 months ago, 24 May 2012
Beaglebuddy
1595 posts
26 May 2012 5:13PM
Thumbs Up

At his point small time pool hustler Fast Eddyuku is up over Minnioamin Fats 2 billion Dinar but something tells me Minnioamin Fats has Fast Eddyuku exactly where he wants him.

Stuthepirate
SA, 3589 posts
27 May 2012 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Look Mtmimba, it's basic geometry - The trisect system applies only for cut angles in the 0deg-40deg range. This corresponds to ball-hit fractions greater than about 3/8. Use your hand to estimate the maximum cut angle for which the trisect system applies. For most people, if you stretch your peace sign fairly hard, the angle will be very close to 40deg. Another requirement of the trisect system is that the CB must have a typical "good action" amount of backspin. If you aim the center of the CB through the edge of the OB, a "good action" amount of backspin will send the CB perpendicular to (90deg from) its original direction. Reflecting back, the trisect system predicts this because aiming center to edge creates a 1/2 ball hit, which is a 30deg cut angle, and 3 x 30deg = 90deg. It is possible to get slightly more draw than this if you really push the miscue limit. It is also easy to get less draw if you hit the CB too high or don't use enough speed. You first need to practice this shot to develop a feel for "good action" draw. This system applies only for "good action" draw shots. If you have too much backspin, the CB will draw back at a tighter angle than predicted; and if you have too little, the CB will draw back at a wider angle (closer to the tangent line). Note also that the required tip offset on the CB will vary some with shot speed and distance, and with table conditions. With more distance between the CB and OB, you will need to hit lower on the CB; and if the shot is too long, it might not be difficult to achieve a "good-action" amount of draw (especially on a "sticky" cloth).

fatwa
TAS, 107 posts
27 May 2012 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

I reckon Macgyver's been holidaying in Africa recently...

Windxtasy
WA, 4014 posts
27 May 2012 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

When there's no wind you have to get creative...

surferstu
1011 posts
28 May 2012 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

Hurry up and finish the game I'm starving and want to eat those nuts!

Waterloo
QLD, 1496 posts
28 May 2012 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

"black ball, corner pocket..."

"oh sorry, I forgot my pants!"

"...and stop leaning up against the table when I take my shot"

choco
SA, 4028 posts
28 May 2012 7:14PM
Thumbs Up

The colours won me over.....all yours Richie

Bondalucci
QLD, 1579 posts
28 May 2012 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Stuthepirate said...

Look Mtmimba, it's basic geometry - The trisect system applies only for cut angles in the 0deg-40deg range. This corresponds to ball-hit fractions greater than about 3/8. Use your hand to estimate the maximum cut angle for which the trisect system applies. For most people, if you stretch your peace sign fairly hard, the angle will be very close to 40deg. Another requirement of the trisect system is that the CB must have a typical "good action" amount of backspin. If you aim the center of the CB through the edge of the OB, a "good action" amount of backspin will send the CB perpendicular to (90deg from) its original direction. Reflecting back, the trisect system predicts this because aiming center to edge creates a 1/2 ball hit, which is a 30deg cut angle, and 3 x 30deg = 90deg. It is possible to get slightly more draw than this if you really push the miscue limit. It is also easy to get less draw if you hit the CB too high or don't use enough speed. You first need to practice this shot to develop a feel for "good action" draw. This system applies only for "good action" draw shots. If you have too much backspin, the CB will draw back at a tighter angle than predicted; and if you have too little, the CB will draw back at a wider angle (closer to the tangent line). Note also that the required tip offset on the CB will vary some with shot speed and distance, and with table conditions. With more distance between the CB and OB, you will need to hit lower on the CB; and if the shot is too long, it might not be difficult to achieve a "good-action" amount of draw (especially on a "sticky" cloth).

I feel sorry for pirate....
....all that effort and not 1 damn thumb!!

Richiefish
QLD, 5610 posts
28 May 2012 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

choco said...

The colours won me over.....all yours Richie

Okay dokie. I'll start looking.[}:)]

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Caption comp 236" started by choco