Forums > Windsurfing General

Lord Howe photos 2010

Created by Al Planet > 9 months ago, 20 Aug 2010
Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
20 Aug 2010 5:33PM
Thumbs Up

Another Lord Howe trip done with an amazing 11 days sailed out of 12.
I managed to sail about 9 or 10 different JP boards and feel a lot fitter than I did two weeks ago.

Thanks Tim, Tas and Lauren for you hospitality and thanks to all the other sailors who made the trip and shared some great days on the water.

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
26 Aug 2010 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

That is very cool Al, love the littlies carving it up.

It was a great trip this year, the wind gods took good care of us.

Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
27 Aug 2010 1:31PM
Thumbs Up

I hope the windy conditions continued after we left. Still, I felt a little sorry for the glass bottom boat punters that were out on the 25kt days

Its surprising how fast a six year old with a 2m sail can move, faster than I can run when waist deep in water, its all good exercise though.

FormulaNova
WA, 14560 posts
27 Aug 2010 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

Aww come on guys, those that were there last year for the quiet days don't want to hear about how good the wind is!

I guess its only a short plane ride away, but I only have so much annual leave to spare.

lordhowe
NSW, 209 posts
27 Aug 2010 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

definitely need the booties for chasing down the grommits!

Wind continued, if you check out the last 4 days on the Windy Pt obs... I should have extended!

Sorry about that Dale.

www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN60801/IDN60801.95995.shtml

glideontime
NSW, 206 posts
27 Aug 2010 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

[}:)] hey formula-N, did you have to do the nedsperation sail to make it pay or was it good on the lagoon, or didnt you go at all this year. we went in the first package in the last 2 weeks of july this year and it was so so but Tas at least got us out at Neds in a noreaster. and the sup's and the light wind kit made the lagoon good on some days too. its a shame fish bread pete wasnt there, he could have sailed Ned's, fed the fish and made the toast with the stale bread all on the same day. What's become of fish bread Pete by the way, has he struck gold[ with the metal detector] and cashed in his junkyard harness for some new upmarket kit and moved to a gilded castle in Allways Windy Bay in WA, or just taking it quietly this year,and keeping his sails close to his chest

[

?]

FormulaNova
WA, 14560 posts
27 Aug 2010 6:10PM
Thumbs Up

lordhowe said...

Wind continued, if you check out the last 4 days on the Windy Pt obs... I should have extended!

Sorry about that Dale.

Thanks Tim!

I will pretend those conditions were way overestimated and that it was really only 8 knots at all times

If only there were quality chicken pizzas there to seal the deal.

FormulaNova
WA, 14560 posts
27 Aug 2010 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

windanza said...

[}:)] hey formula-N, did you have to do the nedsperation sail to make it pay or was it good on the lagoon, or didnt you go at all this year. we went in the first package in the last 2 weeks of july this year and it was so so but Tas at least got us out at Neds in a noreaster. and the sup's and the light wind kit made the lagoon good on some days too. its a shame fish bread pete wasnt there, he could have sailed Ned's, fed the fish and made the toast with the stale bread all on the same day. What's become of fish bread Pete by the way, has he struck gold[ with the metal detector] and cashed in his junkyard harness for some new upmarket kit and moved to a gilded castle in Allways Windy Bay in WA, or just taking it quietly this year,and keeping his sails close to his chest

Hi Windanza, no I haven't been this year, although I really enjoyed last year. There is only so much time and money to go around.

I am jealous of you guys already, just for being there and getting away for a holiday. I really missed the quiet from LHI and getting around was good fun.

Pete's still around and no doubt sailing more than most of us. I am sure the fish are probably better fed now though :)

Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
28 Aug 2010 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

FormulaNova said...

lordhowe said...

Sorry about that Dale.

Thanks Tim!

I will pretend those conditions were way overestimated and that it was really only 8 knots at all times

If only there were quality chicken pizzas there to seal the deal.

Pizza choice is now well catered for on LH. Humpty's does a two pizza for $20 on Wednesdays but the scoop is the Golf Club where Tim's protege does two varieties of chicken pizza and a ham and pineapple number. (the lure of the darkside is strong )

sboardcrazy
NSW, 7992 posts
28 Aug 2010 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Great pics Windanza..

Tasman
NSW, 36 posts
4 Sep 2010 7:30PM
Thumbs Up

Great Photos Guys, Just got back from the honeymoon today. Had a sail in Fiji while there. Good flat water blast and Loz learnt to tack!!

Looks like we are in for another really windy week here so will have to go out and sail off the extra kilos put on from the food and beers in Fiji.

Hope to see you all back over here again soon.

Tasman
NSW, 36 posts
4 Sep 2010 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Lord Howe photos 2010" started by Al Planet