Forums > Windsurfing General

Tenerife 2012

Created by Troppo > 9 months ago, 12 Jul 2012
Troppo
WA, 887 posts
12 Jul 2012 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

For anyone interesed in staying up late. the live stream for the 2nd pwa wave contest should be on later.

www.boards.co.uk

Myself and Scott Mckercher have thrown our hats in the ring. Hopefully I dont get him first round.

conditions are building with some solid lumps coming though and winds ranging from 3.7-4.5m. crosss onshore.

I'll try and keep this post updated with results etc.

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
12 Jul 2012 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Good luck and slaye the dragons and boost to the moon
Keep us all updated .....post us a few happy snaps
Tar for the link been up late watching the tour da France and now windsurfing

KA360
NSW, 803 posts
13 Jul 2012 12:24AM
Thumbs Up

live now!

Aussie Ben Newson in a heat now,Mckercher just finished his heat.....

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
13 Jul 2012 12:57AM
Thumbs Up

Not the best start for my event.

went for a warm up session on 4.2 and 75l quad. was feeling good and nailed a clean pushie and wave 360 before coming in for the breifing.

Mckercher was up first heat and I could see the conditions were getting lighter as they seemed to struggle to get going at times and lacking power on the bottom turn.

scotty advanced into the next round and is flying the flag at the moment.

i opted to change up board to my 85 quattro with a thruster set up, i was worried about the lower volume board getting me into trouble. still on the 4.2 though.

the scoring was to count 1 jump and 2 waves in a 12 minute heat.

my game plan was to launch with a few seconds before the start and hit a jump on the way out. then concentrate on racking up some waves. It started well with a pushloop, a little wet but still scoring just after the flag went up.

i struggled with the waves scores though and couldnt seem to find a good rythm and lacked some drive off the bottom turn to get around sections. i think when its onshore you need a bit more sail to pull you round. i got one more jump but muffed the landing a bit.

hopefully the conditions are fire up a bit more tomorow and I can get through at least one heat in the doubble elimination.

scotty also advanced through the second round with some of his trademark hacks. looks like the wind has backed off a bit now and the judges have post poned heat 14. stay tuned for some pics

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
13 Jul 2012 1:36AM
Thumbs Up

some pics from the day

stringer
WA, 703 posts
13 Jul 2012 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

bad luck benny, i sensed a bit of nervousness in your style. might have beetter luck on port tack

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
13 Jul 2012 5:15PM
Thumbs Up

That is port tack???

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
13 Jul 2012 5:28PM
Thumbs Up

The live stream has been good here Troppo ........watched all the heats .....the wind did drop out ............They replayed/ showed all the heats again which was good

Hows about getting your mug on TV to night

Live stream has been starting APPROX 10.00PM ish WA TIME.They calling heaps of wind for the next couple of days

More car park happy snaps

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
13 Jul 2012 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

haha will see what i can do gangsta.

here's a vid put together by one of the guys here. shows some of the action off the water.

last night there was a street parade we all marched (strolled) through town to a local cafe. Was pretty cool all the locals lined the pavement cheering and taking videos. There was also a bit of INDY action on one of the balconies. Yew bewdy!

.be

the best part was everyone cleared off early from the cafe leaving me in charge of making sure the food didn't go to waste.

conditions are light this morning but still a few lumps out there. Currently on standby.

HF
WA, 167 posts
13 Jul 2012 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

I thought you got ripped off in your heat Ben, that guy with the KA you were against was a complete kook!

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
13 Jul 2012 6:58PM
Thumbs Up

HF said...

I thought you got ripped off in your heat Ben, that guy with the KA you were against was a complete kook!

I couldnt agree more. He can't even tack on the inside.

robbo1111
NSW, 629 posts
14 Jul 2012 9:51PM
Thumbs Up

Men's single final about to start about 9 pm SYD time

king of the point
WA, 1836 posts
14 Jul 2012 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

Double elimination starting right now .......heaps of wind .......action
Troppo looked windy what size sail looked bigish ................

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
15 Jul 2012 1:11AM
Thumbs Up

super windy today here in tenerife with the morning sessions and finals getting the best conditions. victor and koster final was unreal.

after the heat was over we had 20mins warm up for the next round i was in the 3rd heat and was perfect 4.2 75l board for the warm up. conditions then basically went mental. i underestimated the wind and thought a 4.2 would still be ok in my heat. wrong. couldnt really do anything on the wave and only got some gumby forward and pushloop to start with.

i'll up load some pics in a sec

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
15 Jul 2012 1:15AM
Thumbs Up

some pics from yesterdays action

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
15 Jul 2012 1:28AM
Thumbs Up

massive forward from victor in the start of the final

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
15 Jul 2012 1:35AM
Thumbs Up

you might all recognise this head and this turn

firiebob
WA, 3145 posts
15 Jul 2012 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the heads up and photos Benny

stringer
WA, 703 posts
15 Jul 2012 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Troppo said...

Looks windy!

Reflex Films
WA, 1439 posts
15 Jul 2012 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

sick comp - love the level of sailing these days

Great work from Profitt and Skye on the call

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
17 Jul 2012 6:35AM
Thumbs Up

Congrats to Alex mousilini, 62kgs in 50kts! Noticed Koster try another triple. Agree with Matt, the level is amazing.

stringer
WA, 703 posts
17 Jul 2012 1:39PM
Thumbs Up

stringer said...

Troppo said...

Looks windy!

Is it just me or does it look like she is going for the selfie butt shot?

Te Hau
479 posts
17 Jul 2012 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

with a butt like that, why not?

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
18 Jul 2012 6:13AM
Thumbs Up

Hey troppo, how many entrants all up in the men's? ( always been curious)

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
18 Jul 2012 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

42 entrants in the mens division

Troppo
WA, 887 posts
26 Jul 2012 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

Its a bit late because I've been competing in Fuerte but I put a report up on my website with a couple of pics from Tenerife.

thanks for the support

bennewson.com/

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"Tenerife 2012" started by Troppo