Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

SPEED FORTNIGHT SANDY POINT 2008

Created by al green > 9 months ago, 1 Oct 2008
al green
37 posts
1 Oct 2008 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all, we finally now have internet connection after close to 5 days of only limited access through nextG.
We had a bit of sailing for the desperate on largish gear on Sunday and I had the usual 30 min. swim home after trying to sail on my 68 litre speed board, my swimming has definatly improved but sadly not my sailing.

The weather here has been overcast for the passed few days, the fire place working overtime, we have been resting up for the big forcast that was due over Sunday/Monday but it now appears to have dropped off.

We will now keep you all updated on a daily basis to what is happening.

Allan...

choco
SA, 4024 posts
1 Oct 2008 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Al,

where do we register for the comp?

Goo Screw
VIC, 269 posts
1 Oct 2008 4:02PM
Thumbs Up

You don't register choco...you just turn up,sail and afterwards you can throw your sd card at Al and the crew and see how you went.

choco
SA, 4024 posts
1 Oct 2008 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

thanks for the info........windguru has gone back to red......gonna have to stop looking at it,it's driving me nuts

al green
37 posts
1 Oct 2008 6:06PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Che Guevara I thought you had died from lead poisoning in a school room in South America, however maybe not !!!..
Yeh just rock up and put in some runs and hand in your SD card or GPS to Mathew or Mal and we will add in your times..

Allan...

anthony perkins
TAS, 376 posts
1 Oct 2008 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

hi al,
glad to see you swimming, that is one thing i am faster at than you.it sounds like you need a tasmainian to keep that fire alight, queenslanders are not good at rubbing two sticks together (it's too complicated) god i wish i was there.i miss stirring you up. have fun all of you guys. good luck on monday i'll be watching.

anthony perkins.

Bonominator
VIC, 5477 posts
1 Oct 2008 11:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hey the Guru has good wind forecast for Monday. SW, 30-40knots, low tide in the early afternoon? Looks crazy. Looks perfect. Now to wait a few more days for the truth.......and that's if it's windy, I'll be under the weather and not able to work! Damn!

al green
37 posts
2 Oct 2008 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Anthony, at the moment we are just relaxing and unwinding, might work on the gear latter, maybe..
Yeh we miss your chef qualities Anthony,however we have had a lot of debating time that you would have enjoyed being part of.
A bit of wind there at the moment guys, from the North west we may wonder down to the beach later and check it out..

Allan......

Goo Screw
VIC, 269 posts
2 Oct 2008 7:50PM
Thumbs Up

It's all gone a little pear shaped at the moment...so I would like to propose a .... hmmm... SACRIFICE[}:)]

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
2 Oct 2008 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Goo Screw said...

It's all gone a little pear shaped at the moment...so I would like to propose a .... hmmm... SACRIFICE[}:)]

Ok lets SACRIFICE Al he's old anyhow[}:)]

kato
VIC, 3376 posts
2 Oct 2008 8:00PM
Thumbs Up

vando said...

Goo Screw said...

Ok lets SACRIFICE Al he's old anyhow[}:)]

Dibs on his boards

al green
37 posts
3 Oct 2008 7:06AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys, still no wind but hey when it comes it should be good, we hope.

The wild night life here has been awesome!! rabbits, kangaroos, koalas, rabbits, wombats, rabbits, ant eaters,(I couldn't spell the real name), did I mention rabbits, BUT HELL NO chicky babes, but we are managing to hang in there, somehow...

I see a bit of discussion about my board when I am gone, gone,gone, well I am still alive guys and I intend to be like someone in a COMA, I am not going to die but just linger around annoying the **** out of everyone for years yet..

Allan....

Bonominator
VIC, 5477 posts
3 Oct 2008 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

Great to see you guys brushing up on debating and biology. I've got one word for you:

MONDAY!

kato
VIC, 3376 posts
3 Oct 2008 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

Stop the sacrifice!! Looks like we don,t need Al,s body just yet. Everything looks a nice shade of purple for Monday

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
3 Oct 2008 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

Mondays Tide??

sick_em_rex
NSW, 1600 posts
3 Oct 2008 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

dunno bout Monday but I'll be tide after a 12 hour drive tomorrow

Bonominator
VIC, 5477 posts
3 Oct 2008 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

For a definitive time on the tide speak to Daffy. I make it pretty low early afternoon? Coinciding with about 40knots SW. MMMM. I'm starting to feel VERY SICK at work. I wouldn't go definite on the wind for another day yet but sure looks purple!

choco
SA, 4024 posts
3 Oct 2008 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

i just arrived in Melbourne,spending couple days here and heading to sandy on sunday

slowboat
WA, 550 posts
3 Oct 2008 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

as soon as you idiots start talking it up huey switches it off... HAVENT YOU LEARNT YET????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goo Screw
VIC, 269 posts
3 Oct 2008 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

oooohh.....it sounds like somebody might be having trouble getting a refund on their plane ticket[}:)]

al green
37 posts
3 Oct 2008 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

A bit of wind today mixed with a cold rain, most of the guys got a bit of a run but mainly on slightly larger size gear, I only had my speed gear and now that I have developed bigger stomach muscles I never got a run.

A few more guys have turned up even Chris D fro SA., Mondays forecast has their adrenaline pumping.

We will update the times later after the guys turn up hand in their SD cards.

Allan....

choco
SA, 4024 posts
3 Oct 2008 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

Bonominator said...

For a definitive time on the tide speak to Daffy. I make it pretty low early afternoon? Coinciding with about 40knots SW. MMMM. I'm starting to feel VERY SICK at work. I wouldn't go definite on the wind for another day yet but sure looks purple!

You bettter take a sicky so you can show me how to setup my Sp40

FormulaNova
WA, 14441 posts
3 Oct 2008 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

al green said...

A bit of wind today mixed with a cold rain, most of the guys got a bit of a run but mainly on slightly larger size gear, I only had my speed gear and now that I have developed bigger stomach muscles I never got a run.

Yes, there was a bit of wind today and here are some photos of the action so far...

or

Who would have thought a lounge can go so fast...

Bonominator
VIC, 5477 posts
3 Oct 2008 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Slowie you know it! That's why I said anything can happen on the Guru at this stage. Look bottom line from the REAL weather forecast sites is - windy. How much and how consistent, we shall find out. The temperature forecast is almost more encouraging than the wind. At 13 degrees, should be a blast of wind to bring that up. Don't cancel flights yet!!!!!

Hey Choco, to set up the SP 40 would be happy to help even though I'm no expert, but in the meantime; unwrap it (I LOVE THE SOLVENT SMELL), put on the straps nice and tight, put in a nice small fin and attach the mast base near the back of the track if it's windy. To sail fast keep your weight distributed evenly between straps and rear leg fairly straight, straighter than you think necessary. That's about it mate. Hopefully I'll be there Monday.

slowboat
WA, 550 posts
3 Oct 2008 7:17PM
Thumbs Up

havent cancelled any flights just yet... The charts look OK to me for at least some wind. Hopefully enough for the SP40 Sandy Point "one-design" class to make the place busy. It works with a powered up 6.6m

Bonominator
VIC, 5477 posts
3 Oct 2008 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

LOL!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"SPEED FORTNIGHT SANDY POINT 2008" started by al green