Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

Winners of the 2012 Australian GPS Team Challenge

Created by Boombuster > 9 months ago, 24 Feb 2013
Boombuster
QLD, 571 posts
24 Feb 2013 7:21AM
Thumbs Up

Well we all had a good feed then presented the trophy
Just too cap the year's results & to present our 2012 trophy we started the 1st half of the year good by holding on to between 3rd & 7th spots for each month, this gave us a good average.
In June we lost 4 good team members to the Swat team we thought we were done for the year but it was not so as I stepped up with a few others.
The second half of the year saw us score between 1st to 8th for each month having some good wind helped this & some trips to Lake Coortharaba & Burrum.
I would like to thank Phil & Brad for a fantastic effort on the lake in December both doing over 270ks in a one day session.
On this same day Vando & I made the big trip too Burrum which we both got around 40kt peaks at this stage we had it in the bag for the year we would have been hard to catch but this day really put it out of reach by our closest rival the SA Speed Demons followed closely by the Tassie team.
Also I would like to mention as we know we won the Autumn for 2012
Good luck for us for this year I'm sure we will be up there if the wind god smiles upon us or even 1st again.

ploppy
QLD, 167 posts
24 Feb 2013 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations guyz,well deserved.
Nice trophy too.

anthony perkins
TAS, 376 posts
24 Feb 2013 11:07AM
Thumbs Up

well done guys ,good to see it arrived in one piece.people have said you blokes are a good looking team they might be right

tobyhodgso
WA, 300 posts
24 Feb 2013 8:15AM
Thumbs Up

CHEERS! AND WELL DONE!

hardie
WA, 4081 posts
24 Feb 2013 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Sensational Stuff Guyz, well done, well deserved, and worthy winners!!!!!!! Moreton Bay Mob a name that belonged on the Trophy

elmo
WA, 8721 posts
24 Feb 2013 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Definitely well deserved, well done to all

Windxtasy
WA, 4014 posts
24 Feb 2013 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

can you put some names on the pic so we know who you are?

PJCiesa
SA, 72 posts
24 Feb 2013 12:32PM
Thumbs Up

Top effort. Well deserved

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
24 Feb 2013 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Top Row left to right - Phil , David
Bottom Row Left to Right - Jemo, Glynn, Vando, Sean

mineral1
WA, 4564 posts
24 Feb 2013 10:08AM
Thumbs Up

Great team effort you guys, well done.

Boombuster
QLD, 571 posts
24 Feb 2013 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Windxtasy said...
can you put some names on the pic so we know who you are?

Back left Phil right Dave
Front left Richard, Glynn, Vando & right Sean

kato
VIC, 3391 posts
24 Feb 2013 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Well done,nice to see that the trophy hasn,t suffered too much in the hands of the Tassies .
The trophy represents all the states who were there at the start of the gpstc and when I built it.

The base is Jarrah(Wa) The back board Vic Ash (Vic) Mast and battens Red Gum (SA) and the sail is White cypress (Q)

Hopefully its back in Vic soon

Boombuster
QLD, 571 posts
24 Feb 2013 2:27PM
Thumbs Up

kato said...
Well done,nice to see that the trophy hasn,t suffered too much in the hands of the Tassies .
The trophy represents all the states who were there at the start of the gpstc and when I built it.

The base is Jarrah(Wa) The back board Vic Ash (Vic) Mast and battens Red Gum (SA) and the sail is White cypress (Q)

Hopefully its back in Vic soon

It also weighs half a ton, well made & a lovely trophy.
Thanks Craig & TC from the MOB

ka72
QLD, 580 posts
25 Feb 2013 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations Moreton Bay Mob, well deserved win, you have some great sailors in your team.
Nice trophy - great work Kato

AUS02
TAS, 1992 posts
25 Feb 2013 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Yep, well done guys. We did try to look after that trophy Kato as we didn't think we'd be handing it over so soon

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Gps and Speed talk

"Winners of the 2012 Australian GPS Team Challenge" started by Boombuster