Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

Birubi today 16/09

Created by Marcsurfs2 > 9 months ago, 16 Sep 2010
Marcsurfs2
NSW, 9 posts
16 Sep 2010 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

This was an interesting session to say the least. Although I knew damn well that the surf would pick-up seriously I still thought I could have a good sail. When I got there the only guys that made it there where leaving after one had shredded his sail and the other had to call it quits. Up to this time the size of the surf appeared manageable, by the time I got on the water the sets were closing out the entire beach at time. You would set on a tack out when the time was right, but as the sets were coming in I'd chicken jibe and then pick up momentum and speed on the white water of the broken wave behind me and would still get about 2 bottom turns on a wave that would start breaking again at about shoulder height now!
I took a few pics before I left. enjoy :)

WindWarrior
NSW, 1019 posts
16 Sep 2010 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Here's a shot from late this arvo.
Solid logo high... and then the sets would appear breaking top to bottom and shutting down most of the beach

Marc what time did you hit the water ?

Marcsurfs2
NSW, 9 posts
17 Sep 2010 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

I would have hit the water at about 2h30-3pm

Wannagybe
NSW, 12 posts
18 Sep 2010 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Sailing around 11am was not too bad although you had to carefully observe the sets before making a break for it. It looked like child's play from the car park but certainly looked a bit more interesting when standing on the beach. Typical Birubi - sometimes you could plane all the way out no problem and other times a lull left you vunerable. After midday it was getting a bit more challenging. The waves were fairly clean to start with though.

My 5.2m Revo bit the dust as I was swimming after it. I bought another used sail later that arvo but can't afford to do that too often.

No wind on the forecast for ages..................

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   New South Wales

"Birubi today 16/09" started by Marcsurfs2