Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

2009 Naish wave sail

Created by JEZ > 9 months ago, 20 Jun 2008
JEZ
WA, 395 posts
20 Jun 2008 11:14AM
Thumbs Up

The boys with the toys came around yesterday to show us the new 09 naish wave sails.
WOW! They look awesome.
You can call this a pimp or what ever you want but after 23 years I still get excited over shiny new sails.
Last years sails really stepped up a grade in construction and style and this years sails have all the bling. From the brilliantly bright graphic look with their bold, solid colours in the film tint and the coloured weave in the x-ply, to the well designed abrasion pads. Visually they are striking.
Just rolling the sails out on the floor sent me looking for my wallet. When a lot of new stuff is "ho hum" these sails will knock your socks off.

But what about substance? The naish sails have a fantastic track record for performance and with no radical changes to the shaping apart from a new clew radial seam to give the leach more sturctured support, this year will be no exception.
The window vision area has been increased but with a strong weaved film to retain strength. The main body panels, like last year are a full x-ply and tough enough to give years of service. They are a little heavier than naish sails of 3 or 4 years ago but are much more robust and are reminicent of the early solid sails of naish's first years.

We should have some pics to show you soon.
Cheers
Paul
2ndwind sailboards

nobbie
WA, 44 posts
20 Jun 2008 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

when will you have them in stock?

BoardCrazy
NSW, 74 posts
Site Sponsor
20 Jun 2008 4:42PM
Thumbs Up

But the question is, when do i get to have a look at them? Apparently stock won't be available for a month or 2 yet, just waiting for the official word from the Naish boys. Jez which sail was it? seen some pic's of the boxer, fluro and black, very 80's..

JEZ
WA, 395 posts
21 Jun 2008 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

Yes the sail won't be here for a few weeks yet. No official due date given at the moment.
The three sails were a boxer in orange, and force black and white & silver (more bling this year, last years was a bit flat), and an session in blue, red and white.
The boxer has never looked stronger.
If you like colour in your sails, and not everyone does, you will be well please in this years look.
Cheers
Paul
2ndwind sailboards

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3183 posts
21 Jun 2008 3:17PM
Thumbs Up

Naish Forces are the nuts......used to mix n match brands now i'm all on the naish force....

imo the whole range of forces gives u about an extra 0.5m of grunt....compared with other wave sails i've used... e.g 5.7 feels like a 6.2 ..

magic sails for onshore to x....x off you have to go smaller than what u think.

not sure about last yrs looking flat, Paul.. heres a pic taken at a spot close by; a few moons ago....

spose it's not fair comparing it to an ezzy

BoardCrazy
NSW, 74 posts
Site Sponsor
11 Jul 2008 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

We received our first "09" boxers yesterday, they still look a bit strange at first but once they are rigged feel heaps powerful, balanced and super lite, we got in a 5.0m in red and yellow and a 5.4m in black and fluro yellow for one of our local guys, the high quality materials and construction remained for this year, the colours are a bit unusual this year with the black (my Favourite) and a burnt yellow gold, it's good to see someone taking risks with design. I took some photo's of it rigged on the beach which i will post shortly..
Good Winds Jas.................

WINDSURFnSNOW
NSW, 1612 posts
Site Sponsor
11 Jul 2008 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Newsflash....

We have a spanking new Naish 2009 Force 4.7 in black rigged up in the shop! (17-19 Anzac Ave Collaroy NSW)

Pop in and check it out in person. Looks hot!

Windsurfnsnow

northy1
434 posts
11 Jul 2008 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

09 Naish's sound good - get them pics up!

PS
How do you reckon they compare build wise to Ezzys?
Do you reckon i could use my existing ezzy masts with the Naish?

Cheers!
Northy1

BoardCrazy
NSW, 74 posts
Site Sponsor
12 Jul 2008 10:31AM
Thumbs Up

mathew
QLD, 2044 posts
12 Jul 2008 2:37PM
Thumbs Up

WINDSURFnSNOW said...
We have a spanking new Naish 2009 Force 4.7 in black rigged up in the shop! (17-19 Anzac Ave Collaroy NSW)

In all seriousness, isn't black a bad choice for color to be on stuff that will be i the sun all day?

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2009 Naish wave sail" started by JEZ