Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

2012 - EXOCET

Created by The Windsurfing Shed > 9 months ago, 5 Aug 2011
The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
5 Aug 2011 7:22PM
Thumbs Up

2012 EXOCET boards will be available at the end of August, not too late to get a pre-order discount

Here are the new models for 2012. The U-Surf Tri fin, X-Wave and SL Sport remain in the range. Exocet new website coming up shortly.

CROSS IV

- new shape based on X-Wave line
- new graphics
- 2 constructions (STD and Bamboo deck)
- Ze bump & Jump board

SCROSS:

- new shape replacing the Sting line
- 2 constructions (STD and Bamboo deck)
- narrower tail and nose compared to the Sting
- turns effortlessly

U-Surf Core:

- addition to the U-Surf Tri line
- pintail shape
- power and speed of X-Wave and surf aptitude of the U-Surf Tri
- side shore conditions

RS range:

- easier
- faster
- new graphics
- reduced wetted area
- softer rails
- will include Elite 380 (raceboard) D2 as well as Formula board

CURVE

- longboard line
- bamboo deck construction
- all boards equipped with Tri fin, surf oriented
- includes 'old' 3X range

Enjoy,
Remi

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
5 Aug 2011 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

Cool graphics and plenty of colour. Keen to hear about the performance upgrades on the RS line.

Jethrow
NSW, 1233 posts
5 Aug 2011 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

I'd love the D2 even if it's not really the same old beast but it does look horny. Just the go for this weekends 5- 10K. Wife would kill me though and I don't want to see her go to jail...

CB1
23 posts
5 Aug 2011 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Just to clarify, the X Wave line remains the same as 2011?

Any dimensions you can share on the U Surf and Curve lines?

Thanks for posting, the boards look nice!

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
6 Aug 2011 10:03AM
Thumbs Up

The X-Wave will indeed remain unchanged for 2012.

The Curve line is essentially the same, but in an effort to simplify the range, they all come under the same name. Shapes are the same, 11.5", 10.5", 9.5", 8.5" (old minitanker) and the 3 smaller boards are the old 3X range which perform extremely well as light wind wave boards.

In the RS range, the larger two are essentially new shapes, RS5: 230*76cm - 122L and RS6: 230*82 - 134L whent from RS1 to RS4, only slight modifications were done to rocker, rails and wetted area.

The U-Surf Core will have 3 shapes from 70 to 90L as follow:

- 70L - 225*54cm
- 80L - 227*56cm
- 90L - 230*59cm

matcoburn
VIC, 203 posts
7 Aug 2011 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

Thanx Remi for uploading pics. Perhaps exocet will update their webpages.

Al1
51 posts
7 Aug 2011 7:25PM
Thumbs Up

I love what they did in recycling the 3x and the Konas into one "lightwind" wave sailing line.
Do you know if they updated the FCS side boxes of the longboards to Mini Tuttle , like the usurf3 ?
It would make sense to have the sidefins in MT.
Stronger, light and more practical if you want to switch back to single fin.

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
9 Aug 2011 7:29AM
Thumbs Up

The fin boxes on the Curve line will remain the same FCS for side boxes. Exocet might come up with box covers for these.

As for the new Exocet website, it is only matter of a couple of days.

Squish
NSW, 124 posts
9 Aug 2011 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

I want to buy the Cross IV and S-Cross for the cool graphics.

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
27 Aug 2011 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

A few photos of the Cross IV Pro Model, first models arriving next week

Photos (C) blog.swelladdiction.com

Johni952004
2 posts
28 Aug 2011 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

I've had the late entry 2011 Cross III 114 for a few months. It has all the goods one would need for a one board solution from 12-16 pump to plane flat water blasting to side off with a 5.2 sail. Looking forward to getting the pro edition 2012!

Johni952004
2 posts
28 Aug 2011 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

The Sting, BTW, was a near perfect board as it was. Dunno how much press it got for what it was. The 134 is magic.

BenKirk
NSW, 600 posts
29 Aug 2011 9:18AM
Thumbs Up

My Exo Wave 105 is probably the best made board I've ever owned. It just seems strong, light, briliantly finished, great pads (almost too soft?!) and good deck grip. It'll be in my quiver until the day it snaps! Oh, and it rides great.

Always interested to see the Exocet boards (because of the above) but would like a quad. Having said that, I'm sure the U-Surf 90 would suit me (and Sydney) well...

Demo?

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
29 Aug 2011 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

BenKirk said...

My Exo Wave 105 is probably the best made board I've ever owned. It just seems strong, light, briliantly finished, great pads (almost too soft?!) and good deck grip. It'll be in my quiver until the day it snaps! Oh, and it rides great.

Always interested to see the Exocet boards (because of the above) but would like a quad. Having said that, I'm sure the U-Surf 90 would suit me (and Sydney) well...

Demo?

We should have this board up for demo soon... if you are keen on trying the Xwave 91 or U-Surf Tri 84 check with Adrian.

DarrylG
WA, 495 posts
29 Aug 2011 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

I hope it is just the camera but if that timber deck doesn't look like it lines up with the mast track etc. That would do my head in if if the deck looked crooked.

sideskirt
328 posts
29 Aug 2011 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Looks better than on the pictures posted at begining of the topic...more lively and not so dull...

BenKirk
NSW, 600 posts
30 Aug 2011 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

The Windsurfing Shed said...

BenKirk said...

Demo?

We should have this board up for demo soon... if you are keen on trying the Xwave 91 or U-Surf Tri 84 check with Adrian.

Is the x-wave a single fin?

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
1 Sep 2011 8:31AM
Thumbs Up

BenKirk said...Is the x-wave a single fin?

The X-wave is indeed the single fin wave board in the Exocet range.
www.exocet-original.com/

Check it out on the new EXOCET website here:
exocet-original.com/index.php

The Windsurfing Shed
NSW, 294 posts
1 Sep 2011 5:43PM
Thumbs Up

A few more pics of the Cross and SCross, just received today.

These will also be up for demo for those who are keen

Cross IV 114 Pro:

SCross DT 116:

ikw777
QLD, 2995 posts
1 Sep 2011 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Great to see the new Exocet boards. I love mine.

Interesting that they've revived the Scross name after having run with the Sting for a few years.

philn
790 posts
2 Sep 2011 12:41AM
Thumbs Up

The Windsurfing Shed said...
Check it out on the new EXOCET website here:
www.exocet-original.com/

Wow, that website sucks. Slow to load, odd colour choices. I love Exocet boards and own 3 currently so not bashing Exocet, just their web designer.

nosinkanow
NSW, 441 posts
3 Sep 2011 1:40AM
Thumbs Up

CURVE longboard: I thought they were dropping the step tail? Nice to see pics of 'em.

yoyo
WA, 1646 posts
3 Sep 2011 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

I wonder why the wood grain is not parallel to the centre line in the two boards pictured here when obviously it is supposed to be as in the brochure photos. I guess the guy doing the layup at Cobra was having an off day.

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
3 Sep 2011 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

I had a ride on the Cross 4 today and the bamboo strips are fairly feint so not something you would really notice. In fact I wouldn't have even looked at that aspect had I not seen this thread. I think the one on the pic has a darker strip of of bamboo in the middle so makes it noticeable. Its no different to a wood board where you see the woodgrain, it natural looking.

Nice board btw but probably wasn't the best match for my 7.8M slalom sail.

windsurfing4
123 posts
12 Oct 2011 11:13PM
Thumbs Up

Exocet RS3 2012 :

ikw777
QLD, 2995 posts
11 Dec 2011 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone seen any reviews/test yet of the new 2012 Scross boards? I've searched and searched but haven't found anything.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2012 - EXOCET" started by The Windsurfing Shed