Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

2012 Severne Wave Sails

Created by Gonewindsurfing247 > 9 months ago, 4 Sep 2011
Gonewindsurfing247
WA, 966 posts
4 Sep 2011 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

Just picked up some new sails from Paul at 2nd Wind. Both the 4.7 and 5.3 Blade as well as the 5.7 Swat rig on a 400 Mast. I like.....

Mobydisc
NSW, 9028 posts
4 Sep 2011 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a vertical crease behind the luff between the second and third battens.

The graphics on what I think is the 5.3m sort of has a hint of jumping kangaroos so reminds me of the Bombora sails.

jsnfok
WA, 899 posts
4 Sep 2011 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

wow they look amazing, me likes

northy1
434 posts
16 Sep 2011 6:18AM
Thumbs Up

A genuine question - how do the Blades compare to Simmer Icons?
And what about the Severne construction?

Cheers - appreciate the feedback!

buz
WA, 29 posts
16 Sep 2011 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

Have been using Blades over the last 5 or so years, at the start of the 10 season my Mrs brought me a new Simmer 5.3 . I used it a couple of times and then demo'd a new blade, I traded the simmer and brought a new Blade the next day.
Compared to the simmer they felt lighter , more maneuverable , and had better power when required.
I do a fair bit of DTL work in Gero each season & nth and have had no construction problems, having recieved my share of bombs on the head.
I sold one of my 11's without trying and traded another on current model.
Blades are da **** for wave sailing.

northy1
434 posts
16 Oct 2011 6:21AM
Thumbs Up

Hi again

Whats the diff between the 2011 V 2012 Blades apart from the cosmetic??

Thanks!

DrCaligari
5 posts
29 Oct 2011 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah i am interested in the 5.5 2012 Blade aswell. Is it good?

lanky
QLD, 213 posts
30 Oct 2011 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Tried the 5.3 blade a few times now sadly always on the under-powered or powered side never over powered but it was really nice. Light as and great for wave riding had a day last weekend when everyone seemed to be grovelling or only planing on huge gear and I was planing around on my 5.3 and a demo 81 Fanatic Quad which was also great to sail so not sure what was getting me going. Freestyle you lose a bit of wind range because you have to tighten the outhaul a bit more to get rid of the batten pop when throwing spinning trick but i'm getting a bit used to it now. 5.2 Swat also seems like a great sail and the S-1 as well but slightly less power than the Blade seems to have. Construction of the Blade seems great got rolled a few times trying to sail head high waves in 5-10knts and they came out looking as new as they went in also survived a wash in over the taranaki rocks and can't find a scratch. Can't really compare to last years but will update again when I get a change to try them in some heavier conditions.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"2012 Severne Wave Sails" started by Gonewindsurfing247