Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Goya Wave Series 2008

Created by eric344 > 9 months ago, 8 Jul 2008
eric344
138 posts
8 Jul 2008 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

When everyone starts to talk about the 2009 models, that’s when I like to post a review on my 2008 gear,

The first reason is that it gives a good idea of what will expect us for 2009, the second reason is that it’s hard to post a good review on a board you only tried once on a demo day ; it is much easier to do it after a full season using the board in all kind of conditions

As in 2007, my board in 2008 was the Goya Wave Series 75 Litres.
I havn’t been sailing as intensively this season as I’ve been over the past few years,the main reason is that I got involved a lot into SUPsurfing

But for sure I’ve been sailing lot of different conditions ; Onshore Dutchies, Gnaraloo, Lancelin, Scarbs and the crazy Canarian winds and chop of Pozo Izquierdo.

either in the lightest Gnaraloo day freesailing on big waves with 5,3 sail or competing in a Local comp in Pozo with strong winds and 3,7 (some local guys with 3,2 Sails), I’ve always been using the same MFC fin (the one sold with the board), and I’ve always been amazed by the performance of the combo fin/board

I’m 75kg, and I’m always one of the first out on my 75L, planning early and going upwind as good as the other waveboard riders

It doesn't plane as early as a Goya Aqua Series or a Quatro Freestyle wave, but it doesn't really matter, it planes early enough (I'll post another review soon on Goya Aqua series and Quatro freestyle wave, I actually really enjoy those boards in Perth area as they are super easy to ride and fun in the waves)

What I liked most in this board is how good it feels waveriding, and not only down the line, but also with onshore winds ; as I havn’t been sailing much, I forgot about all the freestyle moves and fancy jumps and only focus on pure wavesailing ; I’ll go for a backie/pushie or forward loop if I spot a good ramp, but mostly I want to get the most out of the waves by riding them, and riding this board it feels all good and under control.

Last month I sold it to a good friend of mine, the board was unspoiled, I almost regret...
Now I can only wait for the 2009 to arrive, and meanwhile I’ll be riding either Quatro Twinnies or Freestyle wave 75.

See you in the water,

Eric

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Goya Wave Series 2008" started by eric344