Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Goya range 2009!

Created by Windshack > 9 months ago, 12 Jul 2008
Windshack
WA, 55 posts
12 Jul 2008 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

Hello everyone ,
WindShack is very proud to present the new collection for Goya 2009, boards will be available in ALL sizes and models from mid - end of August, for more info contact us on 08 9336 5440 or send us an email.
Best wind&waves to all.

The WindShack Team

Information GOYA BOARDS Range 2009

CUSTOM WAVE SERIES: 66, 72, 78, 84

CONDITIONS AND APPLICATION: WORLD WIDE WAVE and high wind PERFORMANCE sailing
RIDER SKILL: intermediate to advanced

FOCUS: early planing – down the line performance - comfort and maneuVErability in strong winds and choppy conditions

For 2009 the internationally acclaimed GOYA CUSTOM WAVE line has been expanded and tuned size-by-size to cover a wider range of use, plus provide improved performance for everyone who uses the board. The PROGRESSIVE ROCKER CONCEPT is the headlining development for all new GOYA CUSTOM WAVE boards. Progressive rocker means the rocker evolves from the smallest to the largest boards- maneuverability and control are maximized in the 66, and as the range grows through 72, 78 and the new 84, more emphasis is placed on early planing. The rocker, rig, fin and stance geometry and volume displacement are individually tuned for each sized board and target rider so that performance is optimized, all the while keeping with the tradition a smooth, positive and playful feeling that GOYA boards are known for. Deck pads and foot straps have also been improved for a more comfortable and tunable fit for your feet. Also, each CUSTOM WAVE board also comes with a new 211 series fin designed by MFC exclusively for GOYA BOARDS 2009.
The graphics feature a more technical feel, while still maintaining the traditional minimal layout of GOYA boards.

Francisco Goya: “The CUSTOM WAVE SERIES boards are simply my favourite shapes that at the end of every season get turned into the masters for our new series- utilizing all of the advances in performance, construction and accessories and of course built stronger and lighter than before.

DETAIlS:
Custom 66 Vol. 66 liters; L 233 cm; W 51.9 cm - Weight 5.6 kg* - FIN: MFC 211 (2009series) - Sail 4.7/5.0 and smaller -Dual density pads + 3 MFC footstraps and fittings

Custom72 Vol. 72 liters; L 235 cm; W 53.7 cm - Weight 5.8 kg* - FIN: MFC 211 (2009series) -Sail 5.3/5.5 and smaller -Dual density pads + 3 MFC footstraps and fitting

Cutom78 Vol. 78 liters; L 237 cm; W 55.5 cm - Weight 6.1 kg* - FIN: MFC 211 (2009 series) –
Sail 5.7 and smaller - Dual density pads + 3 MFC footstraps and fittings

Custom84 Vol. 84 liters; L 239 cm; W 56.8 cm - Weight 6.1 kg* - FIN: MFC 211 (2009series) - Sail 6.2 and smaller- Dual density pads + 3 MFC footstraps and fittings

ONE FREESTYLE WAVE SERIES: 77, 85, 95, 105

CONDITIONS AND APPLICATION: freewave STYLE SAILING ANYWHERE- WAVES TO FLATWATER AND CHOP
RIDER SKILL: iNTERMEDIATE – ADVANCED, and also first time low volume Board RIDERS

FREEWAVE EVOLUTION

focus: fast planing, SMOOTH turns AND a TOTALLY NATURAL FEELING WHILE RIDING the BOARD. IT IS REALLY UP TO THE RIDER AND THE CONDITIONS TO FIND OUT WHAT THESE BOARDs are really CAPABLE OF. THE ONE FREESTYLE WAVE SeRIES TRULY EXcELS IN ALL CONDITIONS- LAKES, RIVERS, ON-SHORE AND EVEN DOWN THE LINE RIDING.

The ONE FREESTYLE WAVE SERIES 2009 features fresh new shapes for 2009, plus the addition of a larger size, the ONE 105 to complete the range. The headlining design improvement for the ONE series ‘09 is THE PROGRESSIVE ROCKER CONCEPT. The rocker is tuned specifically to meet the performance demands of each board size. In the smaller sizes of 77 and 85, there is more rocker to maximize control and maneuverability. In the larger sizes of 95 and 105, there is less rocker so that early planing and a high top end speed are maximized. The tuck line and volume displacements are tuned for each size as well guaranteeing the same positive and playful feeling throughout the range. Deck pads and foot straps have also been improved for a more comfortable and tunable fit for your feet. Also, each CUSTOM WAVE board also comes with a new 211 series fin designed by MFC exclusively for GOYA BOARDS 2009.
The graphics feature a more technical feel, while still maintaining the traditional minimal layout of GOYA boards.

Francisco Goya “The ONE FREESTYLE WAVE SERIES shapes combine all of the best features from our WAVE, FREEWAVE AND EVEN FREERIDE designs into ONE. The first riding sensation as I stepped on to the final prototype boards was of a balanced and compact design that translated into earlier planing and a powerful, controllable ride. All the ONE sizes excel in any wind angle and sea condition. THIS IS One TRUE WINDSURFboard for all conditions and styles- FRONTSIDE, FREESTYLEWAVE, POWERWAVE, ONSHORE or FREESTYLE. from boosting huge jumps to hooking your turns inside the wave or getting inverted on the latest freestyle moves”

DETAILS:
One77 Vol. 77 liters; L 238 cm; W 56.5 cm - FIN: MFC 211 (2009series) US Box -Sail 6.2 and smaller -Dual density pads + 3 MFC footstraps and fittings

One85 Vol. 85 liters; L 240 cm; W 58.5 cm -FIN: MFC 211 (2009series) US Box -Sail 6.5 and smaller -Dual density pads + 3 MFC footstraps and fittings

One95 Vol. 95 liters; L 241 cm; W 61 cm- FIN: MFC 211 (2009series) Power Box -Sail 6.8 and smaller- Dual density pads + 3 MFC footstraps and fittings
One105 Vol. 105 liters; L 242 cm; W 63.5 cm -FIN: MFC 211 (2009series) Power Box -Sail 6.8 and smaller- Dual density pads +3 MFC footstraps and fittings

X1 FREESTYLE: 105, 115

CONDITIONS AND APPLICATION: FREEStyle/FREEWAVE transformer
RIDER SKILL: iNTERMEDIATE – ADVANCED

UNLIMITED FREESTYLE PERFORMANCE

Focus: Create a line of boards in 105 & 115 liter range that can be ridden as the ultimate freestyle board but still ride AS comfortably AS THE ONE SERIES In a straight line, in onshore or side-onshore conditions.

The 2009 X1 is the next generation in the highly successful X1 series. Very similarly to the ONE FREESTYLE WAVE but with the added tuned ups to purify the target freestyle performance- increased tail bevel height for reverse sliding tricks, lowered and straighter nose rocker for more pop off the water and glide in any direction, extended flat section on the deck for more direct feel through your feet, customized inserts for foot strap set up options, custom MFC 211 series fin, plus super strong and super light construction. These details to transform the X1 into the Pros ultimate freestyle board, and allow you to feel how easy the latest freestyle moves can be.

Francisco Goya: “The two X1’s ride slightly higher off the water all around and on the tail than the ONE series making them feel free on the water- like they are riding on the air. At the same time they can still be turned, carved or you can take-off straight up from a chop or ramp through the medium nose rocker. On the freestyle tricks the board pivots on its center, right between your mast track and front foot, making it easier to keep the control and glide in the middle of the rotations. Also very important, the choices of fin change the entire aspect of the design, taking it from a freestyle wave type of ride, to the ultimate Freestyle-Pro board”

DETAILS:
X1 105 Vol. 105 liters; L 240; W 65 cm -MFC Fin 24 cm Power Box- Weight 6.3 kg*-
Sail 7.0 and smaller -Dual density pads + 3 MFC footstraps and fittings

X1 115 Vol. 115 liters; L 240; W 68 cm- MFC Fin 26 cm Power -Weight 6.6* -
Sail 7.5 and smaller- Dual density pads + 3 MFC footstraps and fittings

FXR FREERIDE SERIES: 105, 125, 145

CONDITIONS ANDS APPLICATION: freeMOVE, FREERIDE, FREERACE
RIDER SKILL: BEGINNER THROUGH ADVANCED

UNIVERSAL FREERIDE PERFORMANCE

Focus: early planning, riding comfort and competitive racing performance

The GOYA FXR board line 2009 is a compact and stable design that gets planning on the lightest breeze and flies effortlessly through the wind lulls. The tuned rockers keep the board gliding with a reduced wetted surface area. On the jibes the more compact design helps the FXR turn with ease, and finish the transitions with speed to burn. In a straight line, the boards are race fast. The curved deck under the foot strap area provides an incredibly smooth and comfortable ride.
With the footstraps settled to the inner position, the FXR maneuvers easily around the waves and in transitions. In this position, the straps are also in the ideal configuration for first time footstraps users, making getting in the straps easy and fun. With the new further out into the rail footstraps position the more advanced rider can trim the windward rail high with more control, maximizing rail and fin lift, and maximizing speed. The board construction focuses on light weight and strength- the sanded finish minimizes paint weight, and biaxial glass provides great strength and ding resistance. Deck pads and foot straps have also been improved for a more comfortable and tunable fit for your feet. Also, each FXR board also comes with a new LIQUID MOVE series fin designed by MFC exclusively for GOYA BOARDS 2009.

Francisco Goya:
“A progressive freeride design is what people envision when looking for a board in these sizes. All the way from the performance trickle down of the PWA racing boards to a smooth and forgiving jibe, CONTROLLABLE IN STRONGER WINDS AND CHOP WITH STILL responsiveness TO YOUR BODY MOVEMENT AND trimming. Really a true Fun, fast and all round high end board”

details:
fxr 105 Vol. 105 liters; L 241; W 62.7 cm -MFC Fin Liquid Move32 Power Box –
Weight 6.8 Kg*Sail 6.8 and smaller -Dual density pads + 4 MFC footstraps and fittings

FXR 125 Vol. 125 liters; L 249; W 67.9 cm -MFC Fin liquidMove 36 Power Box –
Weight 7.7 Kg*-Sail 8.5 and smaller-Dual density pads + 4 MFC footstraps and fittings

FXR 145 Vol. 145 liters; L 258; W 75 cm-MFC Fin liquidMove 48 Power Box –
Weight 8.4 Kg*-Sail 9.5 and smaller- Dual density pads + 4 MFC footstraps and fittings

SURF FIRST SERIES: 192

CONDITIONS AND APPLICATION: LIGHT TO MODERATE WIND, BEGINNER, freeride, SUP
SKILL LEVEL: ALL LEVELS- BEGINNER TO ADVANCED FOR LIGHT WIND FUN, FREERIDING AND STANP UP PADDLING.

FUN AND FAST LEARNING; VERSATILE LIGHT WIND PERFORMANCE PLATFORM

focus: one board that can get anyONE windsurfing FAST and allow the rider to improve INTO THE FUTURE ON THE same board- learning to GET IN THE STRAPS, jibe, trim upwind or race downwind. a balanceD board for begginers that can also be turned into ONE OF the most used boardS in the quiver of advanced riderS. also a great sup board.

NEW FEATURES FOR 2009:
FIN: A wide & short fin helps first time water starts in shallow sections while still maintaining enough fin area once you are planing.
Dagger board: The all new fully retractable Allgaier dagger board brings the best of both worlds, you can choose to either have it hidden away, tucked inside the board while riding around, or have it trim down for first time riders or for trimming upwind on the lighter wind days.
Nose protector: Added thickness inside the EVA on the nose area keeps the front of the board safe from potential boom front and mast damage.
Straps placement: We added a carry on strap to the tail to making it easier to carry the board in and out of the water.
Rails: A Harder denser EVA around the whole perimeter of the board helps keeping the rails looking like new after a full season.
Graphics: Keeping continuity with the rest of the line the graphics are technical, beautiful and minimal, and also feature a full Eva deck.

Francisco Goya: “Friends always ask me to show them how to windsurf. My daughter kept on asking me for a board we could go ride together, and I’m sure my son will follow in the next months. I wanted a board that could do all that and also give me an accelerating ride any day, anywhere, no matter how light the winds got. I also wanted to use it as a full Stand-Up surfboard (It is the same volume distribution that is giving enough support for a beginner windsurfer enough for a beginner Stand up rider). The answer was the SURF- a medium size board with a balanced length and width that will allow anybody to get the feeling of windsurfing within minutes, and still offer endless room to keep experiencing your progression in the sport for years to come. I hope you enjoy it.”

details:
SURF 192 Vol. 192 liters; L 280cm ; W 85 cm- MFC Fin 28cm Power Box- Weight 13.5 Kg*-Dual density pads - Full EVA deck-DAGGEBOARD ALLGAIER-4 MFC footstraps
and fittings- All sail sizes

Windshack
WA, 55 posts
1 Aug 2008 6:11AM
Thumbs Up

One of the Goya Custom Series 84 2009 should be available at Board Crazy Belmont by the weekend, please contact Jas for more info.
All the best to all.

WindShack Team

BoardCrazy
NSW, 74 posts
Site Sponsor
1 Aug 2008 3:26PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys we are waiting impatently to have a look at the new Goya, unfortunately the courier has not shown up as yet today, now we are expecting delivery on monday (freight times can be random from West Oz to Newcastle), but i will take a stack of photo's to show you all as soon as i have the board in front of me and post them for you to have a look. Like all you guys, the guys and myself at BoardCrazy always love getting a look at new products and this year the Goya and Quatro boards have been a big talking point in the store, as myself and our team riders have been on these boards for the last few seasons and are looking forward to seeing the "09" gear as we have been extremely happy with what we have been riding..

As Alberto has mentioned if you east coast guys have any questions feel free to contact me on (02)49 477 131.
Cheer and Good Winds FunkyJas........

BoardCrazy
NSW, 74 posts
Site Sponsor
6 Aug 2008 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

We received our Goya 84 on monday so here are some pictures for you guys, this years Custom Waves look awesome, completely new shape, heaps of bottom shape and full wave rocker, the bottom shape is very similar to the Same size Quatro last year but wider through the tail, last years customs planned pretty early so if they have incorperated this into this years board it will be an awesome ride, the board comes with a 23cm G10 MFC goya fin, MFC straps and larger pads this year...
If you would like to check it out drop in sometime for a look., and a chat..
Cheers FunkyJas...

nobbie
WA, 44 posts
6 Aug 2008 2:53PM
Thumbs Up

BoardCrazy said...

Hi Guys we are waiting impatently to have a look at the new Goya, unfortunately the courier has not shown up as yet today, now we are expecting delivery on monday (freight times can be random from West Oz to Newcastle), but i will take a stack of photo's to show you all as soon as i have the board in front of me and post them for you to have a look. Like all you guys, the guys and myself at BoardCrazy always love getting a look at new products and this year the Goya and Quatro boards have been a big talking point in the store, as myself and our team riders have been on these boards for the last few seasons and are looking forward to seeing the "09" gear as we have been extremely happy with what we have been riding..

As Alberto has mentioned if you east coast guys have any questions feel free to contact me on (02)49 477 131.
Cheer and Good Winds FunkyJas........

cheer and good winds funkyjas ? WTF

Windshack
WA, 55 posts
17 Sep 2008 12:48PM
Thumbs Up

...the whole range of boards is available!
Contact us to know your closer dealer.
Thank you for your attention.

WindShack.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Goya range 2009!" started by Windshack