25 Aug 2011 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Stop teasing me Vando and post the 2012 Blade

seanhogan
QLD, 3424 posts
25 Aug 2011 8:23PM
Thumbs Up

voila :

2012 proto but not with the 2012 design....

Came in third at the "defi wind" (out of 1111 competitors...) and on a firerace not even a xfire !!

BenKirk
NSW, 600 posts
25 Aug 2011 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Interesting to see they've done away with the "sensi-tip" or whatever it was called...

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
25 Aug 2011 10:35PM
Thumbs Up

BenKirk said...

Interesting to see they've done away with the "sensi-tip" or whatever it was called...

Its still there

choco
SA, 4028 posts
25 Aug 2011 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

sausage said...

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
25 Aug 2011 10:39PM
Thumbs Up

choco said...

sausage said...

Thats just mean Choco

BenKirk
NSW, 600 posts
26 Aug 2011 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

vando said...

BenKirk said...

Its still there

Really? I'm sure my 2011 Lips had an extra curved batten at the top. The Pure Lips don't (have the curved one).

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
26 Aug 2011 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

BenKirk said...

vando said...

BenKirk said...

Its still there

Really? I'm sure my 2011 Lips had an extra curved batten at the top. The Pure Lips don't (have the curved one).

your right Ben it does look like its gone on the Lips and wavescape

col5555
WA, 378 posts
26 Aug 2011 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Not much detail.

firiebob
WA, 3145 posts
26 Aug 2011 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

I have to say I hate the white luff pocket, looks crap fairly quick up here
But happy to see the vario tops on some of the Switchblades

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
26 Aug 2011 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Choco but I have my sources The Blades look great albeit with more monofilm.

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
26 Aug 2011 10:19PM
Thumbs Up

firiebob said...

Fire yer agree on the white luff doesn't like the wello mud

choco
SA, 4028 posts
26 Aug 2011 11:22PM
Thumbs Up

wow impressed Snags, there's only extra mono where the new logo is and a new(scrim pentax?) material on the luff going by the pictures i have seen, where did you get the pic?'
ok found your source

mineral1
WA, 4564 posts
27 Aug 2011 5:10PM
Thumbs Up

All this rage about the new Loft 2012 , wonder if I can still afford them Hope so

choco
SA, 4028 posts
27 Aug 2011 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

mineral1 said...

All this rage about the new Loft 2012 , wonder if I can still afford them Hope so

good Australian $ will help, if that doesn't work just keep spaming Buds mail box

shear tip
NSW, 1125 posts
28 Aug 2011 12:29AM
Thumbs Up

So the Blades work best on SDM's now?

choco
SA, 4028 posts
28 Aug 2011 8:32AM
Thumbs Up

shear tip said...

It was the same for this years Blades; from Loft site

Racing Blades on Rdm masts are ideal for light weight riders in competition, and for high performance cruising… Rdm masts are perfect for a smooth & easy feeling. 
Rigged on Sdm masts, Racing Blades deliver the maximum power that serious competitors and mid/heavy weight racers are looking for. For 2011 the Racing Blade wind range has increased as well, with an amazing upper end control and stability. For 2011 the legendary Blade lightness in the hands is combined with improved balance & fuller body profiles- boosting low-end performance.

choco
SA, 4028 posts
28 Aug 2011 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

firiebob said...

no probs by the looks

keef
NSW, 2016 posts
28 Aug 2011 10:58AM
Thumbs Up

choco said...

shear tip said...

It was the same for this years Blades; from Loft site

Racing Blades on Rdm masts are ideal for light weight riders in competition, and for high performance cruising… Rdm masts are perfect for a smooth & easy feeling. 
Rigged on Sdm masts, Racing Blades deliver the maximum power that serious competitors and mid/heavy weight racers are looking for. For 2011 the Racing Blade wind range has increased as well, with an amazing upper end control and stability. For 2011 the legendary Blade lightness in the hands is combined with improved balance & fuller body profiles- boosting low-end performance.

i've been useing rdm's on my n/p rs's and found there's a huge difference in the way the sails set according to the amount of mast extension inside the mast, sail manufactures give you the specs but don't say how much you stick up the mast, i brought a new blade 6.3 last year and waiting for the r/s 6.2 to die

firiebob
WA, 3145 posts
28 Aug 2011 12:58PM
Thumbs Up

choco said...

firiebob said...

no probs by the looks

Sweet

As for RDM's I'll stick with them, a smooth & easy feeling suits me, especially for where I sail. I also think they are more bullet proof.

lao shi
SA, 1289 posts
28 Aug 2011 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

+1 for me

firiebob said...

choco said...

firiebob said...

no probs by the looks

Sweet

As for RDM's I'll stick with them, a smooth & easy feeling suits me, especially for where I sail. I also think they are more bullet proof.

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
28 Aug 2011 6:14PM
Thumbs Up

lao shi said...

+1 for me
firiebob said...

choco said...

firiebob said...

no probs by the looks

Sweet

+2 unless Ive gain 20kg over winter

choco
SA, 4028 posts
31 Aug 2011 10:29AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all !

my recent tests of the latest Racing Blade generation makes me very happy.
We are working together with Monty and Ben VDS since January. Many hours on the water and many many prototypes tryed and I can tell you I am stoke with the last test done this monthy. The nes designs feels even lighter in the hands, more power out of the jibe and the same or even more control in the top ends.
All Racing BLade 2012 will be compatible RDM/SDM by switching the 3 lowest cams. Team Edition masts are hot and SDM now called RACE PRO will bring more power for MID/heavy weight riders.
Two colors Orange and White available from 4.9 to 9.5, same sizes as 2011.

See you on the water.

Ludo E-12Ludo Jossin

http://www.loftsails.com/2010/forum/download/file.php?id=1258&mode=view

Jezstrt
TAS, 1471 posts
31 Aug 2011 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

About how many kg do they classify as a MID weight rider?

choco
SA, 4028 posts
31 Aug 2011 2:52PM
Thumbs Up

Jezstrt said...

I would guess around 75-80Kg, I'm over 100kg and use RDM masts in all my Blades except my 7.8, for the sailing I'm doing the RDMs work fine, for the top level racer wanting ever last ounce of performance SDM is the go.

keef
NSW, 2016 posts
31 Aug 2011 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

choco said...

Jezstrt said...

I would guess around 75-80Kg, I'm over 100kg and use RDM masts in all my Blades except my 7.8, for the sailing I'm doing the RDMs work fine, for the top level racer wanting ever last ounce of performance SDM is the go.

as a matter of interest how much extention do you stick up the mast with the rdm's on the 6.3

choco
SA, 4028 posts
31 Aug 2011 3:36PM
Thumbs Up

keef said...

choco said...

Jezstrt said...

as a matter of interest how much extention do you stick up the mast with the rdm's on the 6.3

what is quoted on the sail is a starting point but I just use visual indicators, when it's real windy I get the leech loose down to the batten above the boom in moderate conditions loose to the 3rd batten from the top, outhaul is really the key to power control.

keef
NSW, 2016 posts
31 Aug 2011 4:23PM
Thumbs Up

sorry choco i should have said how much extension inside the mast, with the pryde rs 6.3 i was using 150mm inside but moved the draft out, i found at 300 was the sweet spot with the power at the mast , hopefully ill be rigging the sail on sunday

choco
SA, 4028 posts
4 Sep 2011 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

choco
SA, 4028 posts
8 Sep 2011 8:39AM
Thumbs Up

from above ^ clinic with Ben, source Loft Site;

smile and be very very happy is all i could do after having Ben Van Der Steen for almost a whole week in our surf club in Volvi lake Thessaloniki Greece and living with him in our house by the lake as well...
Ben hosted a slalom -speed clinic last week for us and we certainly learned more than one can imagine .....After 32 years of windsurfing i never ever believed that i could improve so much in just a few days and it happened even at my age (44)and level....Imagine the amazement for the rest of the people who actually had their sailing transformed in a matter of Days....Furthermore i was lucky enough to try one of the last protos of the 2012 Blade models Ben brought with him and be soooooo convinced the boys and girl are going to kick more #$%^ next season (i am actually trying to find a book to place windsurfing bets to....)but it will not only be the likes of Ben ,Ludo, Antoine and Lena that are going to rip with the new sails ...i think these are going to be the best racing foils any surfer would choose if he sailed blind folded or with no brand blinders....
As for Ben what can i say ...congratulations to his family for raising such a gentle, nice, easy going but intelligent and determined person and me my family and all people who had the chance to meet him cannot wait to welcome him again soon

Everyone knows things are hard in Greece especially this year and a lot of people do not have the opportunity to smile as they used to but for all of us who met him christmass and new years was early this time....

Thanks again to Ben for honouring us and hope to see the whole team soon

Thomas Bakirtzis gre88thomasgr88

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Loft 2012" started by vando