Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Loft Blade 2011

Created by choco > 9 months ago, 13 Sep 2010
The Craw
WA, 223 posts
6 Feb 2011 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Lao Shi hanging on to a 7m,wind gusts up to 34 knots,average mid to high twenties, top speed 38+ .Well done mate great looking sail
Point Walter WA 6-2-11

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
7 Feb 2011 10:11PM
Thumbs Up

Nice speed in that stuff
nice shot

japs
17 posts
13 Feb 2011 4:11PM
Thumbs Up

[vimeo]

[/vimeo]

choco
SA, 4028 posts
13 Feb 2011 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

japs said...

[vimeo]
[/vimeo]

The board at 1 min in the video looks like it's floating in the air

choco
SA, 4028 posts
6 Mar 2011 8:06AM
Thumbs Up

by Michel » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:56 pm

Incredible days for all The LOFT Staff

We are very happy to see the great results of our PWA riders at the first PWA event in Vietnam .
Congratulation to our Top Riders Lena Erdil , Ludo Jossin , Ben Van Der Steen and Antoine Questel.

Special ovation for LUDO for his 4th place on the event

In the Winners race finals , quiet always two LOFT racers on the top 10 of the world cup riders !!!

'Champagne' as we say in France !

choco
SA, 4028 posts
17 Mar 2011 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

Crash Landing
NSW, 1173 posts
17 Mar 2011 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

choco said...

2011 sail test, Planchemag says : "probably one of the best Sails on the market"...

SAILS
Challenger Aéro+ 7,1
Naish grand prix 7,0
Neil Pryde RS Racing Evo III 7,0
North Warp F2011 7,0
Loft Racing Blade 7,0

Choco, interesting to see that the Severne sail that Dunkerbeck is winning with, wasn't tested. Not being a racer, I can't really comment, but would have been good to see how the two compared. Or maybe it's just the fact that Dunkerbeck is using them?!

Those Blades look awesome and really strong.

choco
SA, 4028 posts
17 Mar 2011 4:55PM
Thumbs Up

Crash Landing said...

choco said...

2011 sail test, Planchemag says : "probably one of the best Sails on the market"...

SAILS
Challenger Aéro+ 7,1
Naish grand prix 7,0
Neil Pryde RS Racing Evo III 7,0
North Warp F2011 7,0
Loft Racing Blade 7,0

Choco, interesting to see that the Severne sail that Dunkerbeck is winning with, wasn't tested. Not being a racer, I can't really comment, but would have been good to see how the two compared. Or maybe it's just the fact that Dunkerbeck is using them?!

Those Blades look awesome and really strong.

Don't think they were available at the time of testing, Maui Sails TR7-Gaastra and Severne weren't tested, you cant go wrong with what you buy nowdays all comes down to your style and budget, the Blades are the complete package though for-value-quality and performance, simply can't be beat!(being biased)

choco
SA, 4028 posts
19 Mar 2011 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

Haggar
QLD, 1664 posts
22 Mar 2011 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

...... was at the Burrum Wind Fest and since there was no wind, thanks Vando for letting me try setting my 430 X6 mast (SDM) in your 7 m blade. It seemed to set fine with the SDM cams, sorry no pickies, and varying the downhaul seemed to set the sail with little or a lot of twist. Michael tells me there is more draft in the belly of the sail with an SDM compared to an RDM. Would love to try this on the water in decent conditions. Looks like nice race sails, I think durability could be a winner.

choco
SA, 4028 posts
25 Mar 2011 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

6.3 Blade rigged on 430 RDM bico mast, super control and power through the chop

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
7 Apr 2011 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Completely blown out of the water with how good the Blades are. Got a 7.0 this week and have had a marginal and high wind sail (very overpowered). Very smooth and incredibly stable, with massive power down low. Coming out of gybes is magic as the sail powers up very quickly and locks in beautifully. Massive range too, so much so that it looks like this one will supersede my 6.6 and 7.5 (other brand) sails. Quality is excellent.

I'm one happy camper.

col5555
WA, 378 posts
7 Apr 2011 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

What material is used in the normal blade as opposed to the pentax version. I cant find any pics of a pentax version blade.
Ah! I think I have just spotted the difference in the pics from choco. The weave in the material is different. It looks like a much tighter weave compared to the usual x ply.

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
7 Apr 2011 10:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Colin the new Blades only come in Pentax in the upper section of the sail now.
all the pics above are Pentax.

col5555
WA, 378 posts
7 Apr 2011 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

I just edited my post. You beat me ! by milli seconds
Are they the same price.

Waiting4wind
NSW, 1871 posts
8 Apr 2011 6:16PM
Thumbs Up

How would these rig on a N Pryde X6?

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
8 Apr 2011 6:46PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Des they actually rig pretty good we rigged the 7.0 on a mates X6 up at Burrum no wind to try it though.
I did get to try a Blade 7.8 on a Pryde X9 mast this week I was pretty impressed.
Not sure what the differences are between the X6 and X9 other than the X9 is narrower. check out my session gpsteamchallenge.com.au/sailor_session/show?date=2011-04-05&team=6

col5555
WA, 378 posts
8 Apr 2011 9:49PM
Thumbs Up

Where do the spacers go ? that have been talked about and how do they change the sail.
What is the consesus on masts RDM or SDM ? or is the choice more determined by body weight?

lao shi
SA, 1289 posts
8 Apr 2011 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

The spacers go between the end of the batten and the cam. Without the spacers there were some wrinkles in the luff when rigging on my powerex rdm. As a lighter weight sailor (75Kg) I prefer the rdm and that is Monty's recommendation.
Sausage is happy with his gpsteamchallenge.com.au/sailor_session/show?date=2011-04-08&team=20

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
9 Apr 2011 1:30AM
Thumbs Up

Col,
I am using a Sunshine 80% 430 drops shape (Starts out at base as an SMD and tapers quickly to, but not quite, an RDM). Don't actually know if it is a Constant Curve & I suspect there are better suited masts out there but this one appears to work fine. I've fitted the RDM cams to the top three battens with one spacer to the second and third cams which as Lao shi says eliminates any luff sleeve looseness. I am going to play around this weekend and fine tune it some more by adding a spacer here or there. It may not need it but won't know until I try.

choco
SA, 4028 posts
9 Apr 2011 7:45AM
Thumbs Up

col5555 said...

Where do the spacers go ? that have been talked about and how do they change the sail.
What is the consesus on masts RDM or SDM ? or is the choice more determined by body weight?

The spacer clean up the luff sleeve, they also effect how the sail feels, 2 spacers per cam make the sail feel very solid-stiff and locked in, cam rotation is slightly harder but still easy, using 1 spacer per cam changes the feel of the sail to one which feels softer in the hands, it's a matter of taste on what you prefer.
On my SDM mast I use from bottom cam 0 2 2 0 spacers RDM mast 1 2 2 1, both mast types feels great(I weigh 102kg) the SDM mast gives the sail abit more low end power but the RDM isn't that far behind in terms power.
Thats the great thing about the Blades your not locked in to any specific mast type just a matter of tuning.

my 7m Blade set with 1 2 2 1 spacers, rigged for light wind, outhaul not released in pic.

choco
SA, 4028 posts
9 Apr 2011 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Benny Speed sailing on Loft Home turf

col5555
WA, 378 posts
10 Apr 2011 5:21PM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone know what a loft RDM extension costs.

japs
17 posts
11 Apr 2011 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

[youtube]

[/youtube]

choco
SA, 4028 posts
15 May 2011 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

More great results for the Racing Blades, if you had any doubts about their racing performance checkout Ben's heat.

PWA KOREA a full fleet commemorative opening race was sailed in the evening light, for a selection of local dignitaries and council members. In that race, Ludo Jossin (Loft) extended his run of early season form to secure victory in the men's fleet ...

Bens Heat win
http://dai.ly/jvwRCR

choco
SA, 4028 posts
27 Jun 2011 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Loft Blade 2011" started by choco