Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Loft Sails Switchblade & WaveScape 2011

Created by vando > 9 months ago, 17 Sep 2010
vando
QLD, 3416 posts
17 Sep 2010 7:26PM
Thumbs Up

Just Rigged the new 8.5 Switchblade and 5.8 wave scape.
The SB looks to have more belly then last year and now have 3 cams instead of 2.
Luff looks abit wider as well. hopefully I get some wind to try them both.

Haggar
QLD, 1664 posts
17 Sep 2010 8:44PM
Thumbs Up

Nice vando. Looks like the switchblades are competing with the NP slaloms, would be interesting to try side by side ..........

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
17 Sep 2010 8:48PM
Thumbs Up

Haggar said...

Nice vando. Looks like the switchblades are competing with the NP slaloms, would be interesting to try side by side ..........

That would be 3 side by side (two switch blades to one NP in respect to financial outlay)

Magnus8
QLD, 364 posts
17 Sep 2010 9:41PM
Thumbs Up

sausage said...

Haggar said...

That would be 3 side by side (two switch blades to one NP in respect to financial outlay)

I thought the grass looks a little long. Time to mow your lawn mate

firiebob
WA, 3145 posts
17 Sep 2010 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Magnus8 said...

sausage said...

Haggar said...

I was thinking the love swing has seen a some action

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
18 Sep 2010 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

firiebob said...

Magnus8 said...

sausage said...

Haggar said...

Very Comfy

Haggar yer hopefully I get a chance to sail with Pierre on his slaloms.
I know the SB have felt very nice in the past very easy and forgiving sail to use.

Magnus when you coming over to mow me grass

shear tip
NSW, 1125 posts
18 Sep 2010 11:12PM
Thumbs Up

mmmm, looking forward to a nice shiny new 8.5 Switchblade. Just need the 490 RDMs to get into the country...

Magnus8
QLD, 364 posts
18 Sep 2010 11:46PM
Thumbs Up

vando said...

firiebob said...

Magnus8 said...

sausage said...

Haggar said...

Very Comfy

Haggar yer hopefully I get a chance to sail with Pierre on his slaloms.
I know the SB have felt very nice in the past very easy and forgiving sail to use.

Magnus when you coming over to mow me grass

You never mow another mans lawn!

shear tip
NSW, 1125 posts
3 Oct 2010 10:44AM
Thumbs Up

Well, I took my 2011 Switchblade 8.5 out on the water yesterday and it's a beauty! 10-12 knots, 15 knot gusts and rarely off the plane. The sail would do even better with a wider board and bigger fin. I was on a 67cm S-Type with a 10 year old 40cm fin. It was a bit like having a V8 in a Mini.

Cam rotation is effortless on the Loft RDM mast, and the sail feels very light in the hands. Nice and balanced when a gust hits - it just pulls you onto the plane and floats you through the lulls.

It's the perfect sail for 10-15 knots. More days like these please!

DavMen
NSW, 1499 posts
3 Oct 2010 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Great to hear the Loft SB 8.5 went so well in the light conditions
Does that mean your less likely to use your formula kit?

vando
QLD, 3416 posts
3 Oct 2010 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Shear tip also got my 8.5 SB on the water as well.
it felt great after I made a few adjustments, abit more downhaul and had to move my lines further back compared to my Blade setting. Rotation is super easy dont even think about it when gybing. Very easy fun sail to use on the water.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Loft Sails Switchblade & WaveScape 2011" started by vando