Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Naish 2010 Boxers

Created by OES Fan > 9 months ago, 17 Nov 2009
OES Fan
WA, 13 posts
17 Nov 2009 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

Picked up 3 new 2010 boxers from Kim, new fella, at Geraldton Surf & Sail yesterday. First impressions outta the bag is the usual high quality i've come to expect from Naish with some new features but the most noticeable thing is how light they are.

Forecast looks good for the next few days, performance review to follow but great to see that the same quality gear is still available at GSS.

Nice work new fella!!

nick0
NSW, 510 posts
17 Nov 2009 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

as i only use a 400mast i cant use anny (normal cut sails biugger than a 5m ... with out useing full extention .. i though about a 5.5 naish boxer as my biggest sail for waves ... whats the go .. are they just as good as other wave sails .. do u know the mast lengh for a sail that size?

OES Fan
WA, 13 posts
17 Nov 2009 2:21PM
Thumbs Up

I have had a 4.0, 4.5 & 5.0 Force for the last four years plus a 5.4 Boxer (all updated every season) for the reason that they will all fit on a 4m mast with the boxer needing about 16-18 cm of extension.

the boxers have been noticeably improved every year and with the new sail cloth being 30% lighter im looking forward to trying the new ones.

check out the link above from a light wind day on the 5.4 and a OES TF78 on a light wind day.

i reckon they are as good as any other wave sail and why i chose a whole quiver this year !

NotWal
QLD, 7428 posts
17 Nov 2009 8:39PM
Thumbs Up

I wonder about the stability of Boxers. With 1 less batten and sometimes a shorter mast than most wave sails you'd expect them to get draggy and op'd in less wind than an industry standard sail. The other thing that bothers a little is the reputed high centre of effort.

However Kauli used to fly on those things and NP has produced a clone of the Boxer to suit him (the Fly). Maybe they have more luff curve. I'd like to try one one day just to see if I can figure it out.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Naish 2010 Boxers" started by OES Fan