Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

Rider X-Onshore 234x58

Created by lao shi > 9 months ago, 11 Oct 2010
lao shi
SA, 1288 posts
11 Oct 2010 12:35PM
Thumbs Up

Just got back from a week at the Gloo! (only the bay as Tombies was huge!) and christened my new Rider custom.
All I can say is, woohooo mamma!!!!!!
Sailed with 4.5, 5, 5.4 for 5 days straight. Popped over some fairly big white water nicely, (Nebbian following behind commented that I just seemed to pop over like a cork) tracked upwind well when powered. Actually felt like a wavesailor as I was able to come back up the wave with speed. Board also carried the speed on the wave allowing me to get round sections and link up with another part of the wave. Threw some spray, got engulfed in whitewater on the cut back, slid out the tail but didn't lose it. Even got in a position to think about aerials a couple of times. Biggest waves were 2/3 mast. Had an absolute ball. The board did everything I wanted. Turned tight on the wave. Controlled in the air. Managed to get tacks sorted but had a bit of trouble at first because I wanted to put my back foot where the front strap was. After adjusting to just sliding it up to behind the front strap I was fine. The only difficulty I had was getting upwind when off the plane. Maybe the pinny tail? Top speed on the Gps on flat water of 28.5 knots! The photos show K4 fins but I bought a pair of JP twinser 7.5 inch fins and set them about 2 cms forward in the box worked a treat.
Credit to Rider on a board that is ideally suited to WA conditions.
One addition that would be great would be markings (like on the mast track) between the fins to make fin positioning easier.

rooster
WA, 243 posts
11 Oct 2010 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

Sweet ride!!!!

gazza
WA, 647 posts
11 Oct 2010 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

lao shi said...

Credit to Rider on a board that is ideally suited to WA conditions.
One addition that would be great would be markings (like on the mast track) between the fins to make fin positioning easier.

Mike always makes a great board built proof to

As for the mast track stick it in the middle as the saying goes "she'll be right"

lao shi
SA, 1288 posts
29 Oct 2010 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

First proper session at Dutchies (home turf).
Super impressed again with the ability to get back up the wave (never managed before here) and hit some whitewater. Snaps of the top sweetly. Stayed up wind nicely and very controlled in the jumps. Makes someone of my very average abilities feel like they can make it in the waves. Left with a smile on the dial.

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3183 posts
7 Nov 2010 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

did he do the hammer test before you took it away

picked up a vintage twin bj board 8 yrs old and lovin it, still just as tuff, and it's been through various mills .... did the hammer test on the rock garden with it

built to last n blast unlike production boards

Rider5
WA, 567 posts
25 Nov 2010 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

Glad your happy with your RIDE lao shi
That was the nicest board I have ever shaped !
Glad your happy with your RIDE two/too Windy long live tha HOG

Greenroom
WA, 7608 posts
25 Nov 2010 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Hurry up and finish your bathroom! Then you can make me an 85L Fish

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Gear Reviews

"Rider X-Onshore 234x58" started by lao shi