Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

BEACHPORT 2013 - October long weekend

Created by divaldo > 9 months ago, 16 Sep 2013
divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
16 Sep 2013 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone,

Windsurfing SA is having a long weekend away over this coming October long weekend,

Date - 5th, 6th and 7th October, 2013

Event - Social wave comp, Speed sailing if any of the speedies are coming down, kids sailing on Lake George (water level permitting),

BBQ, Beers and a lot of fun,

If you are looking for accomodation, try the caravan parks (Southern Ocean or Beachport Caravan Park)
or www.bythesea.com.au has a great range of houses for rent.

More details to follow,

jimbob SA
SA, 992 posts
16 Sep 2013 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
divaldo said..

Hi everyone,

Windsurfing SA is having a long weekend away over this coming October long weekend,

Date - 5th, 6th and 7th October, 2013

Event - Social wave comp, Speed sailing if any of the speedies are coming down, kids sailing on Lake George (water level permitting),

BBQ, Beers and a lot of fun,

If you are looking for accomodation, try the caravan parks (Southern Ocean or Beachport Caravan Park)
or www.bythesea.com.au has a great range of houses for rent.

More details to follow,

Dave the lake is full at the moment water is up around the drift but you can take the top sand track over this section.
I won't be around much as have a friends 50th on sat and my wifes 50th on sunday plus i'm working days but are off monday.
hopefully be around late friday.

Yetti
SA, 253 posts
16 Sep 2013 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Dave, there's a group of us (about 15) staying on the spit, lake sailin. Hopefully not too much water jimbob, we have land boards as well.....

We even have a teabagger coming with us....

might seeya there

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
16 Sep 2013 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Yetti said..
Hey Dave, there's a group of us (about 15) staying on the spit, lake sailin. Hopefully not too much water jimbob, we have land boards as well.....

We even have a teabagger coming with us....

might seeya there

Awesome, we will definatley catch up....

Heres what went down last year,

jimbob SA
SA, 992 posts
16 Sep 2013 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yetti leave the landboards at home you definetly won't be able to use them, you also won't need a weedy either as the level is way way over the weed, oh and you can leave the kiter home too ha ha. Oh and Dave tommy from vic has been hanging around getting some practice at surf beach.

HAIL
SA, 1160 posts
17 Sep 2013 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

last year was one of the best windsurfing weekends ever had! Hope I can get down and get the same conditions this year.

Zubby
SA, 896 posts
25 Sep 2013 9:45PM
Thumbs Up

See you all down there

gmitton
SA, 1428 posts
26 Sep 2013 12:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hey - I can make it that weekend! Anyone got room in a house or caravan for one? Happy to pay my way...

Yetti
SA, 253 posts
27 Sep 2013 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

Plenty of room on the spit :-)

Brick
SA, 66 posts
30 Sep 2013 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

Could anyone who has been to the Spit lately tell me whether the track to the spit would be OK for my commodore wagon?

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
30 Sep 2013 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

What could go wrong Steve?

From the last time we were down there, Easter I reckon, the track was pretty good, probably best to ask Jamie,

The drop off just after the gate is a lot more user friendly,

Bogan speed team
SA, 407 posts
1 Oct 2013 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

Take the high track Steve.

gmitton
SA, 1428 posts
1 Oct 2013 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pic Carl - where is the big face? Gone all pink now!

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
4 Oct 2013 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

Great first day at Beachport today, sailed just east of surf beach, Russ, Kym , Tom, max and Richard , all having a great sail for a few hours, followed up with a cool little surf late arvo.

Will try to hold some sort of a comp in the morning at surf beach Beachport..

We thinking it might be an early start.

Will update early tomorrow

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
5 Oct 2013 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

looking good for a bit of wind this morning, Northerlies at Beachport surf beach, hoping for a bit of west soon,

Swell has dropped a tad over night, heading down soon,

Dr Duck
SA, 450 posts
6 Oct 2013 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Dave and WSA,

Have a good comp guys and gals. Couldn't fit a trip in - had commitments on Fri night and Sun morn. Did show my face at Middleton at 8am yesterday. 30-40 knot NW and 2-3 ft. WTF!

Richard

russh
SA, 3025 posts
7 Oct 2013 6:50PM
Thumbs Up

Some Shots my 11 yo took down the SE on Friday

?
?
?
?

?
?

JBATES
SA, 227 posts
7 Oct 2013 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like fun. Was there a comp?

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
8 Oct 2013 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JBATES said..

Looks like fun. Was there a comp?

Josh, no comp this year, we just had a few crew down this year, 10 at the surf beach and about 8 guys down at the spit doing speed sailing.
We did however have great conditions for some light wind wave sailing, NW and Westerly winds all weekend, perfect cross off for surf beach and 'the new secret spot' about 2 kms around the bay. Tom White, Kym, Anthea, Max, Richard, Russ and newcomers Juan and Jenevieve all had a crack.

Full report and photos (maybe a little vid) to follow,

Zubby
SA, 896 posts
8 Oct 2013 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

Looks fun. Sounds like you sailed near Rod's house.

jimbob SA
SA, 992 posts
8 Oct 2013 11:23AM
Thumbs Up

looks more like mowbrays or next to boxfish no secret there dave, did you go in at the bike track.

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
8 Oct 2013 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jimbob SA said..

looks more like mowbrays or next to boxfish no secret there dave, did you go in at the bike track.

shhhhh :)

second beach exit from surfers

russh
SA, 3025 posts
8 Oct 2013 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Was dead offshore at surf beach and cross off there - if you look at google satellite there's a little cove around from main carpark -.accessed from beach track and was very solid sand at a medium high tide - we were sailing the eastern "point" wind was funnelling across the water from the cove - was fun and surprising how different the wind angle was compared to main beach - reckon a little further the other way would be sailable on a se'r

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
8 Oct 2013 8:07PM
Thumbs Up

Sailed 'Rod's House' both Friday and yesterday, same conditions dead northerly, decent banks - with sunday NW at surf beach.

Only Tom and Scotty mad enough sailing the Saturday at surf beach as well, super light and bigger, closier (if such word) swell :)

A few grovel SUPs and surfs were had in between - caught up with the guys at the lake for a chin wag, kids got on the water, all round great company and fun weekend!!

Cheers to everyone who could make it,
Kym

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

"BEACHPORT 2013 - October long weekend" started by divaldo