Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

Boys come to Gero 2012

Created by McFlying > 9 months ago, 31 Jan 2012
McFlying
WA, 247 posts
31 Jan 2012 10:25AM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,

Just thought i'd give you an update on the happenings over West. The boys came over an we all got a few good days even if the swell was a little on the smaller side. Not much been happening lately though with cyclone Izzy stuffing things up.

Marty, 3 min from home

Marty

Marty

Johnny with a busted knee, Coro's (windmills)

Marty

Darren

GOON

Another 10-15 alternative 5 min from home and 10 min from hospital

No wind alternative 0 min from home, 5 metres from beer fridge

lov'in life, Geraldton hospitality

Dazzling
SA, 22 posts
31 Jan 2012 1:52PM
Thumbs Up

Top trip Top hospitality Top work Marty and Viki
Thanks for the great times even though you tried to get me bogged in the sand dunes

Zubby
SA, 896 posts
31 Jan 2012 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

Go away cyclone izzy!!
Only had two sails since being up hear so far. Epic coro's and hells gates yesterday. Fingers crossed for the end of the week.

McFlying
WA, 247 posts
31 Jan 2012 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Did ya get a sail in yesterday Zub??? I spent the day studying, looks like ya might score in a few days time though.

So ya made it home in one peice Daz, good to hear. Well ya left on the right day the winds pretty much crapped out since ya left. mind you we had a great arvo with Zub, Burt and the boys Sunday at Coro's. Swell was up and wind was strong, real good 4.2 m weather.

Hows this i'm sailing out to the bommy at the back of coro's underpowered on a 3.7m and a near mast high white water rolls intowards me. But before I get completely steam rolled and end up swimming for a while i noticed a poor sod bodysurfing a mast high wave out at the bommy beside his gear. Man that bloke copped a flogging washed all the way in from out the back, must of been a solid 6-8 min swim in large waves.

TAA
SA, 1160 posts
31 Jan 2012 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Great work Marty
3mins to beach and your sailing

karina
SA, 30 posts
31 Jan 2012 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

Nice pics HGC!
Looks like the wind on Thursday, yaool yaool. 2 more sleeps!

Dazzling
SA, 22 posts
31 Jan 2012 10:44PM
Thumbs Up

McFlying said

[Hows this i'm sailing out to the bommy at the back of coro's underpowered on a 3.7m and a near mast high white water rolls intowards me. But before I get completely steam rolled and end up swimming for a while i noticed a poor sod bodysurfing a mast high wave out at the bommy beside his gear. Man that bloke copped a flogging washed all the way in from out the back, must of been a solid 6-8 min swim in large waves.]

obveously he had the wrong kit out there he should have had Ashley's new boogy board out there

viksta
69 posts
2 Feb 2012 10:55PM
Thumbs Up

karina said...

Nice pics HGC!
Looks like the wind on Thursday, yaool yaool. 2 more sleeps!

Yep...certainly was wind...enough to shut the airport!!! At least you shouldn't get cavity searched when you finally arrive!!!

viksta
69 posts
2 Feb 2012 10:59PM
Thumbs Up

Dazzling said...

McFlying said

[Hows this i'm sailing out to the bommy at the back of coro's underpowered on a 3.7m and a near mast high white water rolls intowards me. But before I get completely steam rolled and end up swimming for a while i noticed a poor sod bodysurfing a mast high wave out at the bommy beside his gear. Man that bloke copped a flogging washed all the way in from out the back, must of been a solid 6-8 min swim in large waves.]

obveously he had the wrong kit out there he should have had Ashley's new boogy board out there

Marty's glassing in the fin box and mast track as we speak into his new high wind board; 35 cm long, 5L in volume, $7.20 Target Piping Hot special!!! You should see what he has his eye on at the tip shop...54L, wooden Starboard waveboard thing...should look good as a bbq base!!!

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
3 Feb 2012 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

You guys are having way too much fun for my liking. STOP it

viksta
69 posts
3 Feb 2012 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

high as a kite said...

You guys are having way too much fun for my liking. STOP it

You are more than welcome to come and play too Grumpy!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

"Boys come to Gero 2012" started by McFlying