Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

WestCoast Wave Classic Jan 2012 - Register

Created by Zachery > 9 months ago, 3 Jan 2012
Zachery
597 posts
3 Jan 2012 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys hope you all had a good xmas and New Year!
Just letting everyone know that the West Coast Wave Classic starts on Jan Thurs 26th and finishes Sun 29th as previous post. Port Lincoln Tunurama is on the same weekend so the town is very busy and accommodation often is booked out.

The standup paddle race is on again Sat 28th at 8pm on the Lincoln foreshore (KOTP last years champ are u defending your title?) followed by fireworks on the foreshore.

Sailing is likely to be oriented around Elliston way the first few days depending on forecast so if you are travelling from afar it might be easier to find accomodation or camping that way for the first couple days. Conditions on the West Coast have been good over summer with 2 to 3 days of seabreezes coming thru with the strong highs, the seabreezes are much stronger up Elliston way filling in to 25-30knots.

If u dont have a 4wd dont worry we can get u there, most spots are 2wd or need a short lift to final destination

Other activities include standup paddling, eating seafood, surfing, diving with the tuna/sealions/sharks, tunurama events, swimming at one of many sensational beaches so come and join in!

Register your interest by replying or PM me and make sure to include your phone number (vodaphone not so good outside of Lincoln) so that i can mass text each day the location of events.

Please call me if you have any questions or need help with accomodation
Regards Robert Zacher 0428843630

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
3 Jan 2012 1:03PM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Zac, we all booked in,

See you on Australia Day,

russh
SA, 3025 posts
3 Jan 2012 1:19PM
Thumbs Up

90% sure I'll be there Tuesday with my young bloke tagging along looking forward to it

I have to leave Sunday morning though

SHEETIN
291 posts
3 Jan 2012 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Kurt and I should be there...... not sure where to stay, be it in Lincoln or further west.

Zachery
597 posts
3 Jan 2012 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Cain be good to catch up with u and Kurt, if u want to camp head straight to Walkers rocks about 10km north of Elliston on the left, shower and toilet but can be busy for the first couple of days, or Elliston caravan park, then come down to Port Lincoln Sat to watch sup race and festivities and u could stay out at Pt Lincoln Caravan Park (North Shields actually) as maybe a couple others are? call Russ and Dave i think they are camping that way. Cheers Rob

HAIL
SA, 1160 posts
3 Jan 2012 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

Everybody should stay at north shields. It was a sick spot! Be nice and flexible so if it looks windy for a few days just stay elliston way. Lincon is the nicest town and has heaps of **** to do if there is no wind! after all we are holding a windsurf contest so the odds are against us!! This is seriously the best weekend of the year on par with robe! No excuses everyone should make the trip!

P.S bring your brown jocks/speedos cause you may need em!!

TAA
SA, 1158 posts
4 Jan 2012 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

No go for Grumpy or myself this year
I'm the best man in my mates wedding on Aus day. GREAT MATE ?????? plus I'm still up and down with this Labyrinthitis ( inner ear ) after 12 weeks.

Wish we could be there

McFlying
WA, 247 posts
5 Jan 2012 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Wish you were here too TY. Hope ya get some wind guys all the best with the comp.

Hope ya get over ya Labyrinthitis (stubbed toe) soon Ty

Zachery
597 posts
6 Jan 2012 6:29AM
Thumbs Up

Sorry to hear about the ear issue Ty, hope it clears up soon
The gathering of seafood has begun

TAA
SA, 1158 posts
9 Jan 2012 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Zac,

Have you got any mates in W.A yet Marty
You better make that spare bed up.Because the old Ty is BACK !!!

McFlying said...

Wish you were here too TY. Hope ya get some wind guys all the best with the comp.

Hope ya get over ya Labyrinthitis (stubbed toe) soon Ty

HAIL
SA, 1160 posts
9 Jan 2012 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

anyone who is looking for some nice new sails for the west coast event....
5.3 2012 combat $450, 5.6 2012 combat $450. nearly brand new.
5.0 2011 Alpha $340 sorry for the shamless plug but im desperate to sell these little rippers as need some money to head to the west coast with!! hoping to get in some more sessions like yesterday in the west!

Zachery
597 posts
9 Jan 2012 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

How long u over for Chris?

Scotty Mac
SA, 2055 posts
9 Jan 2012 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

booked in for a quiet stay in Elliston. see you all there.

HAIL
SA, 1160 posts
9 Jan 2012 10:24PM
Thumbs Up

not sure zachy. missses is on holidays so depends on cash and if my boss will let me have more then a week off work.

divaldo
SA, 2878 posts
9 Jan 2012 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

HAIL said...

not sure zachy. missses is on holidays so depends on cash and if my boss will let me have more then a week off work.

So if your missus is on holidays, that means your boss is on holidays doesn't it?

JBATES
SA, 227 posts
15 Jan 2012 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

IM thinking of staying at the Elliston caravan park. Is anybody else thinking they might do the same. I have stayed there a few times on surf trips and its a good set up. How long does it take to drive from Lincoln to Elliston each day?

Should be a fun weekend.

Zachery
597 posts
15 Jan 2012 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

1hr 1/2 about 170kms from Lincoln to Elliston

Dr Duck
SA, 450 posts
15 Jan 2012 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like I can't make it this year Zac - I'm on a promise to do a cycling trip with the missus. Hope you crew get a heap of wind and waves!

Richard

OESaustralia
SA, 280 posts
15 Jan 2012 2:11PM
Thumbs Up

Here a couple of shots from yesterday, at a place closer to Port lincoln that works with 2 m of swell

russh
SA, 3025 posts
19 Jan 2012 10:36AM
Thumbs Up

Maps are looking good for wind and swell next weds poss thurs - anyone heading over early - thinking of staying in elliston Tuesday weds thurs - head down to Lincoln Friday sat

EDIT - Booked a site Elliston Caravan Park Tues -Fri (the one with the pool)- then head to Lincoln for the weekend - See ya all there - mmm looking forward to next week

fastfredo
50 posts
19 Jan 2012 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Looking great from the middle of next week. I'll be up there to shoot a few frames from water and land. Other spots closer to Lincoln will be firing. Bring ya balls...

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   South Australia

"WestCoast Wave Classic Jan 2012 - Register" started by Zachery