Thumbs Up

Is it as windy as it looks?

Its very windy at Mt Stuart

Russ

Steve Charles
QLD, 1239 posts
1 Jan 2011 8:30AM
Thumbs Up

Happy New Years day Russ. Wow I feel almost hang over free, definately ready to go sailing. Its not that windy on the river looking into Dorans from Kingston Beach. I am keen for this arvo wife wind permitting

geared4knots
TAS, 2647 posts
1 Jan 2011 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

My head is pounding and Dorans is pumping!!!!

Steve Charles
QLD, 1239 posts
1 Jan 2011 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like tommorow might be windier so may go then instead.

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1651 posts
1 Jan 2011 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

had a quick blast for 2011

speed board and 6.6 sail over 33 knots not bad to work off the morning after effects.

very gusty and a lot of walking.

First to post in Australia in 2011 happy with that.

Russ

Jezstrt
TAS, 1471 posts
1 Jan 2011 4:00PM
Thumbs Up

Well done Russ, good effort to get out so early on nyd, i wish i could get out today but still sick (for the last 4 days) not a hangover Ant, wish it was Hopefully right for a sail tomorrow to knock Fos off

easty
TAS, 2213 posts
1 Jan 2011 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Well it definately looked windy today, I was in the lee at Tinderbox, snorkling and kayaking and bbq'ing with the kids and family (great way to spend a day) but it looked at least 25 knts offshore.

izaak
TAS, 1973 posts
1 Jan 2011 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

A great sea breeze came in at Port Sorell today.

gpsteamchallenge.com.au/sailor_session/show?date=2011-01-01&team=27

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
1 Jan 2011 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

Russ I would like everyone know that I am ranked 3rd and you are 5th in the Tas GPSC..ha ha ha
Not one to rub in old wounds or kick a man when he's down........well whatever.....I am 9th and you are 14th in national rankings......oh dear

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1651 posts
1 Jan 2011 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Ant,

Tomorrow is another day mate, and I am looking forward to you maintaining your position for the next 364 days.

Russ

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
1 Jan 2011 11:19PM
Thumbs Up

No worries mate, I've got indurance I clocked up a massive 14km you cramped up at a mere 13 [}:)][}:)][}:)]
Oh and we're both beating Dave M.

TASSIEROCKS
TAS, 1651 posts
1 Jan 2011 11:36PM
Thumbs Up

Time for bed we need our beauty sleep, and lets face it if we go for 20km tomorrow we could do with a rest.

cheers Russ

Rustbucket68
TAS, 488 posts
2 Jan 2011 9:52AM
Thumbs Up

Had a Great sail at Lagoons beach and also out the front at East beach. Tide dropped very low in the afternoon at lagoons so

Al and I headed across to East beach for a play in the surf. Quite a few people out including learners. Wind was NW and reaching 25knts at times. Al brought down a fair bit of gear for people to use, Thanks Al.

Kazza
TAS, 2342 posts
2 Jan 2011 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

Think I was the only old woman sailing yesterday, I'm coming first in everything and I wasn't even trying, nobody else registered. Jedi's probably winning her division too.Gooo Tassie's

Kazza
TAS, 2342 posts
2 Jan 2011 11:56AM
Thumbs Up

Yes just checked, you were hooting yesterday Jedi, go girl. We'll have to take advantage of this time of the year Jedi and get our scores up.

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
2 Jan 2011 4:54PM
Thumbs Up

Nice photo Paul, good to see you out on the waves, we've gone soft down here, are you and Al coming over to Marrawah?

Rustbucket68
TAS, 488 posts
2 Jan 2011 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hopefully will make it to Marrawah for this weekend if all go's to plan. Love that place

Al Planet
TAS, 1546 posts
4 Jan 2011 6:09PM
Thumbs Up

Yes, I should get to Marrawah next week.

It was a great start to the year at Low Head with lots of people windsurfing, lots of beginners and the usual regulars, there was wind on both Saturday and Sunday while Monday was good for the wally windsurfers and a few cats.

houston
TAS, 3173 posts
4 Jan 2011 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like there's heaps getting back into winsurfing up north, great to see.
Keep encouraging them to log onto the seabreeze forum, perhaps that's what doing it, they can now work out where to go and meet other like minded loopy sailors

bearhoover
TAS, 708 posts
4 Jan 2011 8:08PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all,

Well thanks to Paul im hooked. Been trawling this forum tryin to spend some money on sailing gear.
Had a ball at the demo day's... then had another ball saturday... and sunday at low head.. but im not add adicted.. its only 4 days sailing out of 7

After trying a lot of different boards at the demo day my range is around 150L, really enjoyed the jp 145L board but budget doesnt allow for a new one just yet so looking for a 2nd hand rig within 5 years old of around 150L if anyone has anything.

look foward to seeing you all soon.. possibly at marrawah... but im only watching...

Ben

izaak
TAS, 1973 posts
4 Jan 2011 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

bearhoover said...

Hi all,

Well thanks to Paul im hooked. Been trawling this forum tryin to spend some money on sailing gear.
Had a ball at the demo day's... then had another ball saturday... and sunday at low head.. but im not add adicted.. its only 4 days sailing out of 7

After trying a lot of different boards at the demo day my range is around 150L, really enjoyed the jp 145L board but budget doesnt allow for a new one just yet so looking for a 2nd hand rig within 5 years old of around 150L if anyone has anything.

look foward to seeing you all soon.. possibly at marrawah... but im only watching...

Ben

hey Ben, have a look threw the buy and sell here on sea breeze some absolute bargains and are all quite recent gear.If you unsure ask what people think here on the Tas forum.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Tasmania

"1st 2011 looks windy today" started by TASSIEROCKS