Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

16/10/10 SAT today, the safety beach freeride jam

Created by flipper4444 > 9 months ago, 16 Oct 2010
flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
16 Oct 2010 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

We had a good turn out today, there was quite a few guys who turned up to jam. I have never seen so many windsurfers at safety beach before We will make it a regular meet, say every 2 weeks.. I saw some really nice aerials today at safety beach done by leman and windaddict. One of windaddicts jumps looked the hight of half of lamp post, so he really flew..Most of us had a go at jumping today. The conditions dont get much bettter than today, it was unreal. We got a perfact side shore 25+ knot sw wind, and the ramps were super smooth.. There were some cars that drove by and stopped just to watch us all, think they were a little amazed at all the windsurfers around The event in the future will be run by me and my brother John

Bondalucci
QLD, 1579 posts
16 Oct 2010 11:26PM
Thumbs Up

great photoing Flip. Couldn't make it today 'cos I only had a small window of time, so I settled for a sail at Oliver's Hill. (which was pretty good too.) Your spot looked really good though. Make sure you let us all know when you and your bro are gonna organise another windsurf jam.

Leman
VIC, 672 posts
17 Oct 2010 12:47AM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, awesome fun today. My best sail in a long time, and great to sail with a bunch of the regulars from Seabreeze.

Some excellent photos Flipper. I don't really have any of me windsurfing and you managed to shoot 6 good ones, some mid carve. I'll have to change my avatar now.

Hope your dads non-water proof camera handled the rain ok.

Sorry Windaddict, I only worked at that was you as I was driving off. That would explain how you knew my name.

MikeyS
VIC, 1506 posts
17 Oct 2010 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Nice work Flip, both for arranging the jam and for the photos. That was probably the best session I've had this year.
These are the first photos I've seen of myself windsurfing in 20 years.

Who were the guys in the Honda who I was first speaking to down the road at around 11am when I was still deciding what to rig?

off da wall
VIC, 29 posts
17 Oct 2010 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

Great sail got some nice ramps made even beter as it looked like I was going to have to work. Nice photos Flip looking good Lee not got one of me and I carryed your board

Leman
VIC, 672 posts
17 Oct 2010 10:53AM
Thumbs Up

off da wall said...

Great sail got some nice ramps made even beter as it looked like I was going to have to work. Nice photos Flip looking good Lee not got one of me and I carryed your board

Hey Nic, that could be you in photo 4. Dark blue combat. lol well Flip got your sail at least.

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
17 Oct 2010 11:55AM
Thumbs Up

Leman said...

Sorry Windaddict, I only worked at that was you as I was driving off. That would explain how you knew my name.

No probs mate, was a good session for the bay. Fairly consistent 25+ from about 1pm till 6pm.. I was a bit sore last night, haven't sailed for nearly 5 hours straight for quite a while. Good physical challenge Not much happening today by the looks. Next good forecast we should all meet up again some where, it was good fun sailing with you all!

flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
17 Oct 2010 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

MikeyS said...

Nice work Flip, both for arranging the jam and for the photos. That was probably the best session I've had this year.
These are the first photos I've seen of myself windsurfing in 20 years.

Who were the guys in the Honda who I was first speaking to down the road at around 11am when I was still deciding what to rig?

That was me and my brother you were talking to I am really tired and sore today, it was a good work out.

flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
17 Oct 2010 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

off da wall said...

Hey thanks for carrying my board mate. After me universal came loose i ended up miles down wind it was a real pain trying to swim in too.. but i still managed to get a good windsurf in and take some pics. Windsurfers dont make the best camera dudes cause we like to be out on the water.. Next time we will should ask jodie to come along may be to get a pic of every one

flipper4444
VIC, 1214 posts
17 Oct 2010 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

just a few more pics i found of yesterdy

Leman
VIC, 672 posts
17 Oct 2010 11:06PM
Thumbs Up

Nice job. I see Nic in the 4th photo too.

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
18 Oct 2010 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Bondalucci said...

great photoing Flip. Couldn't make it today 'cos I only had a small window of time, so I settled for a sail at Oliver's Hill. (which was pretty good too.) Your spot looked really good though. Make sure you let us all know when you and your bro are gonna organise another windsurf jam.

Flipper even got a mention in the WV newsletter!

off da wall
VIC, 29 posts
18 Oct 2010 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Nice one flipper you did get one

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

"16/10/10 SAT today, the safety beach freeride jam" started by flipper4444