Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

Where are you Windsurfing this weekend? 08-091011

Created by WindRider > 9 months ago, 7 Oct 2011
WindRider
QLD, 836 posts
7 Oct 2011 7:54PM
Thumbs Up

Where is every one windsurfing this weekend?

Myself:
Saturday – At the ZU and then RPS to meet Starboard's leader designer.
Sunday – In the morning watching Bathurst hoping my new companies (SAGE) V8 ute does well in the ute series. Afterwards if enough wind go for a sail locally at Bonno.

Refer to the extract from BOM forecast below for Port Philip Bay.
Local Waters Forecast for Port Phillip
Forecast issued at 4:48 pm EDT on Friday 7 October 2011.

Saturday 8 October
Winds Variable winds of 5 to 10 knots tending west to southwesterly up to 10 knots around dawn then tending south to southwesterly around 10 knots in the afternoon. Winds becoming southwesterly 10 to 15 knots later in the evening.
Seas Below 0.5 metres.

Sunday 9 October
Winds West to northwesterly 10 to 20 knots tending south to southwesterly 15 to 20 knots during the afternoon then decreasing to 10 to 15 knots later in the evening.
Seas 0.5 to 1 metres.

Please note; these are not Windsurfing Victoria Inc organised events, and this post is to be used as information only. The intent of this post is for windsurfers to post where they could be going to windsurf this weekend and for other windsurfers to possible come and join them.

jakranz
VIC, 126 posts
7 Oct 2011 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

Hanging out for the forecast to settle, it's less predictable than the share market!
Saturday domestic duties (2-3pm sneaking away to meet Tiesdal You from Starboard at the ZU!), then Sunday sailing somewhere - hopefully, may be Invy or the bay.

mathew
QLD, 2046 posts
8 Oct 2011 12:57AM
Thumbs Up

Speedsailing to be had at the PiT....

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
10 Oct 2011 12:56PM
Thumbs Up

Pretty good at Sandy Point yesterday afternoon. Daylight savings is so good.
How did everyone else go?

steveBayside
VIC, 169 posts
10 Oct 2011 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

jumps at south end of Elwood sun afternoon

Baylife
VIC, 20 posts
10 Oct 2011 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

SP- perfect day with perfect early afternoon conditions….envious to see so many sailors with great skills.
Happy with my speeds but easily taken over by most Nevertheless great fun!

K Dog
VIC, 1847 posts
10 Oct 2011 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

A quick couple of hours at Kinane St on Sunday with my freeride before going off to the pub.
A challenge for me in the lumps, but still had fun and some good little runs.

Was great to see people doing forwards and loops on the ramps - very impressive.
I spent a few minutes just watching the gybes on some of these guys... they do it like they its a natural form of moving.... nuts.

Water tasted a bit different than usual - but all good so far.

Good weekend all up - Rugby - windsurf - Rugby. Lots of beer

WindRider
QLD, 836 posts
10 Oct 2011 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Saturday with SB head designer and Sunday bump and jump at Bonno.

ejmack
VIC, 1308 posts
10 Oct 2011 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

Good day at Inverloch - bit of light bump and jump in the rough stuff during the morning on high tide, followed by dodge and weave/wonder where the kiter will land/flat water speed on the lower tide when the kiters showed up in numbers during the afternoon. Typical Inverloch fun really

Photography - Sue Mackenzie

Old Salty
VIC, 1271 posts
10 Oct 2011 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Evan - Sue was looking quite the professional with the tripod sitting on top of the dunes.

K Dog
VIC, 1847 posts
10 Oct 2011 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

Wow - looked like a nice day down there - nice!

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
10 Oct 2011 5:35PM
Thumbs Up

ejmack said...

Good day at Inverloch - bit of light bump and jump in the rough stuff during the morning on high tide, followed by dodge and weave/wonder where the kiter will land/flat water speed on the lower tide when the kiters showed up in numbers during the afternoon. Typical Inverloch fun really

Photography - Sue Mackenzie

So do we get to see the rest of the days pics??

ejmack
VIC, 1308 posts
10 Oct 2011 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

A few more....

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

"Where are you Windsurfing this weekend? 08-091011" started by WindRider