Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

Where are you Windsurfing this weekend? 20-210811

Created by WindRider > 9 months ago, 19 Aug 2011
WindRider
QLD, 836 posts
21 Aug 2011 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Guys, looks like you were having heaps of fun. I might have to join you next time.

K Dog
VIC, 1847 posts
22 Aug 2011 10:48AM
Thumbs Up

Good day down Invy on Saturday.

Always good to catch up with everyone down there. Thanks Doug for trying to fire up the Barbie - can't believe they wouldn't do a "swap and go" on your gas tanks!

Took some pics - res is a bit cr@p due to my digital zoom being pretty ordinary.

www.flickr.com/photos/rickjamesbe-arch/sets/72157627482113844/

Jman
VIC, 873 posts
22 Aug 2011 7:20PM
Thumbs Up

WindRider said...

Guys, looks like you were having heaps of fun. I might have to join you next time.

Yep it was fun even though a 10 foot 180 L sup feels massive at 1st you soon dial into it and enjoy how easy it is to get out, even in the lulls you can plod through the white water. Certainly the sup is insurance that you will get in the water after a long drive.

Windsurf0709
VIC, 136 posts
23 Aug 2011 11:09PM
Thumbs Up

Love the SUP sailing. Reminds me of old school days on the Wallies sailing at shoreham and down the west coast... can't wait to try that again - looks like so much fun!

WindRider
QLD, 836 posts
24 Aug 2011 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

Jman said...

WindRider said...

Yep it was fun even though a 10 foot 180 L sup feels massive at 1st you soon dial into it and enjoy how easy it is to get out, even in the lulls you can plod through the white water. Certainly the sup is insurance that you will get in the water after a long drive.

I'll have to take a demo board out next time to see what size best suits.

Bondalucci
VIC, 1579 posts
25 Aug 2011 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

I posted this on the ws general, but it's probably more relevant here as some of you may want to demo this board before it sells :

Any windsurfer who wants a sup for waves, that can also take a sail, that can also be used for teaching adults or kids to windsurf on, should check out these.

I knew they existed, but had only seen them in brochures.

But now SHQ here in Vic have got a 2nd hand one in for sale for $990
(I think it had been part of the JP/Pryde trailer)

It's 9'9" x 32 wide with a thruster fin set up (also a centre power box fin option for staying upwind easier when teaching people to windsurf)

Review:
I borrowed it last weekend and sup sailed it down at Warratah bay in small waves. It was great fun and went really well. It will definitely plane, but doesn't have footstrap options. It was really stable and still good on a wave. I already have a Starboard sup as well as a Kids learner windsurfing set up. But if I didn't, this would definitely be on my shopping list.

-Very versatile, and kills several birds with one stone.

that's it at the start (blue and white) being paddled and at 1.25, with the young lady on board.

http://www.jp-australia.com/2012/index.php?id=797

matcoburn
VIC, 203 posts
25 Aug 2011 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Hey... theres proof that sexy and stylistic people dont need footstraps or harness!

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

"Where are you Windsurfing this weekend? 20-210811" started by WindRider