Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

Windsurf jam at ricketts 14th/2/10

Created by Bondalucci > 9 months ago, 14 Feb 2010
Bondalucci
QLD, 1579 posts
14 Feb 2010 10:48PM
Thumbs Up

I'll save Mr kawindsurfwindwarningjibe9mrwindsurftom44 the hassle of his regular post, and announce on his behalf that there was indeed a windsurf jam at Ricketts pt this evening.

At one stage I counted more than 30 guys sailing, and I reckon I missed quite a few who were down in the water.

It's amazing how with s and sw people are scattered all around the bay at their personal favourite spots, but as soon as it goes se anyone and everyone descend on Ricketts as they know it's the place to be.

It not only restores your faith in how many people still windsurf, but also how many really good sailors are out there.

It's a really cool spectacle from the top of the cliff, as evidenced by how many passers-by stop and watch for ages.

I think our mate above might have taken some really good photo's tonight, lets hope he posts them.

kawindsurf
VIC, 137 posts
15 Feb 2010 2:04AM
Thumbs Up

Took thease pics with me little cannon A550.

windaddict
VIC, 1121 posts
15 Feb 2010 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Yes it was a good day, good wind...very choppy though not too many clean ramps but still good fun!

Baylife
VIC, 20 posts
15 Feb 2010 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

Superb day out on the water- super strong wind and lots of fun.
Great photos- they are already on my office wall. Cheers

sflack
VIC, 574 posts
15 Feb 2010 12:03PM
Thumbs Up

sick photos dude!!!

There were a couple of dudes on the top of the hill taking photos with proper SLR's anyone know who they were?

windjunky
VIC, 398 posts
15 Feb 2010 1:06PM
Thumbs Up

I think i see me!!!
(First pic, furthest right on the green Zone...)

:-)

ka222
VIC, 633 posts
15 Feb 2010 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

sflack said...

sick photos dude!!!

There were a couple of dudes on the top of the hill taking photos with proper SLR's anyone know who they were?

Yeah my girlfriend was up there shooting with an SLR
I havent seen any of the photos yet but i will have a look

jermaldan
VIC, 1572 posts
15 Feb 2010 1:45PM
Thumbs Up

Whats that kite doin' there? [}:)]

What was everyone rigging?

windjunky
VIC, 398 posts
15 Feb 2010 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

ka222 said...

Was she behind the lens or infront???

ka222
VIC, 633 posts
15 Feb 2010 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

windjunky said...

ka222 said...

Behind the lens for a change!!

Hey Fletch is that you in the full steamer, wettie booties and the helmet?? Were you planning on sailing somewhere cold??

K Dog
VIC, 1847 posts
15 Feb 2010 2:22PM
Thumbs Up

Great photos!

FletcHuz
VIC, 300 posts
15 Feb 2010 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

ka222 said...

windjunky said...

ka222 said...

Hey Fletch is that you in the full steamer, wettie booties and the helmet?? Were you planning on sailing somewhere cold??

Full length rashie over my 2mm short arm wetsuit - trying to keep the Jellies out! Still managed to get stung on my hand though - will have to get gloves and a balaclava next

ka222
VIC, 633 posts
15 Feb 2010 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

FletcHuz said...

ka222 said...

windjunky said...

ka222 said...

Full length rashie over my 2mm short arm wetsuit - trying to keep the Jellies out! Still managed to get stung on my hand though - will have to get gloves and a balaclava next

I think it’s negligible that dishwashing gloves and one of those full wetsuit hats with a face mask isn’t issued to you as official SHQ team rider outfit? Paul can’t afford his team riders getting stung by jellyfish??
Maybe you could go the Daft Punk look with the Gath with visor?
I expect to see you in full safety gear tonight Fletch!!

FletcHuz
VIC, 300 posts
15 Feb 2010 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

ka222 said...

FletcHuz said...

ka222 said...

windjunky said...

ka222 said...

I think it’s negligible that dishwashing gloves and one of those full wetsuit hats with a face mask isn’t issued to you as official SHQ team rider outfit? Paul can’t afford his team riders getting stung by jellyfish??
Maybe you could go the Daft Punk look with the Gath with visor?
I expect to see you in full safety gear tonight Fletch!!

We get these - but I want it in red!!!

ka222
VIC, 633 posts
15 Feb 2010 3:38PM
Thumbs Up

Perfect! that should help your freestyle Fletch!

KaptainK
VIC, 7 posts
15 Feb 2010 10:52PM
Thumbs Up

Man I really need to buy a 500mm lens for my digi slr so I can take some decent pics (when I'm too knackered to do any more windsurfing) ;)

kawindsurf
VIC, 137 posts
15 Feb 2010 11:35PM
Thumbs Up

A exspensive windsurf jam it was for my brother. He went to do a jump over some chop, and landed to flat, and snapped his board in half. plus some guy broke his mast, another guy broke his universal, and i heard one guy lost a complete rig.

sflack
VIC, 574 posts
16 Feb 2010 12:16AM
Thumbs Up

sick dude! Nice work!

pity about today thought, would have been nice to have another arvo session.

keep the pics coming!

kawindsurf
VIC, 137 posts
16 Feb 2010 12:22AM
Thumbs Up

Today????? HA, HA I had a blast at ricketts again today. The wind was not to strong, just a nice 15 to 20 knots and it swang SE this afternoon. There were about 10 guys out and a few kiters. I saw you tonight Sflack ripping up the surf in 20 knots of wind and having a cool timeyou still had fun Sflack

kawindsurf
VIC, 137 posts
16 Feb 2010 12:42PM
Thumbs Up

Some more pics of the sunday windsurf jam

Bonominator
VIC, 5477 posts
16 Feb 2010 1:08PM
Thumbs Up

Bondalucci said...

I'll save Mr kawindsurfwindwarningjibe9mrwindsurftom44 the hassle of his regular post, and announce on his behalf that there was indeed a windsurf jam at Ricketts pt this evening.

At one stage I counted more than 30 guys sailing, and I reckon I missed quite a few who were down in the water.

It's amazing how with s and sw people are scattered all around the bay at their personal favourite spots, but as soon as it goes se anyone and everyone descend on Ricketts as they know it's the place to be.

It not only restores your faith in how many people still windsurf, but also how many really good sailors are out there.

It's a really cool spectacle from the top of the cliff, as evidenced by how many passers-by stop and watch for ages.

I think our mate above might have taken some really good photo's tonight, lets hope he posts them.

Great arvo of sailing. At one point I counted over 50 sailors! Awesome!

ginger pom
VIC, 1746 posts
16 Feb 2010 2:19PM
Thumbs Up

yesterday (15th) was pretty good.

Fletch is right though about the jellies. I'm going to get a 1mm suit with long arms and legs - I was baking in a 3mm short arm with a rashie.

You can get stung pretty badly through a rashie too - I had a jelly resting against my chest as I went to waterstart on Sunday. Horrible feeling and itchy chest afterwards.

Not sure if the jellies are linked to the guy who went missing....

kawindsurf
VIC, 137 posts
17 Feb 2010 12:39AM
Thumbs Up

And just a few more i have on me hard drive

scottw
VIC, 71 posts
17 Feb 2010 11:33PM
Thumbs Up

that last shot is beautiful and a lovely one to finish on - nice work

CROWEMAN
VIC, 268 posts
18 Feb 2010 4:38AM
Thumbs Up

scottw said...

I'm sat here in the cold and snow of South Wales (the real one, not the toy one) feeling very envious. Great pictures Gerry - back on Saturday!

ejmack
VIC, 1308 posts
18 Feb 2010 10:09AM
Thumbs Up

CROWEMAN said...

scottw said...

I'm sat here in the cold and snow of South Wales (the real one, not the toy one) feeling very envious. Great pictures Gerry - back on Saturday!

So you'll be back in time for our winter (if you can call it that) then Steve?

kawindsurf
VIC, 137 posts
18 Feb 2010 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

CROWEMAN said...

scottw said...

I have not seen you around town for a while we all thought you might of giving on windsurfing, dude.

CROWEMAN
VIC, 268 posts
18 Feb 2010 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

kawindsurf said...

CROWEMAN said...

scottw said...

I have not seen you around town for a while we all thought you might of giving on windsurfing, dude.

Nah, just took my young 5 month Joey back to the Olde Worlde to remind him why we live in Aus...and to meet the rest of his family of course - although they can't understand his Aussie accent and he keeps on gurgling 'dude' for some reason Move into our new place off Dendy St on the 26th = MORE windsurfing not less (and plenty of jellyfish by the sound of things).

EJ - you know me - enjoy a nice cold winter sail. Visit back here's made me HTFU again. Catch you later

kawindsurf
VIC, 137 posts
18 Feb 2010 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CROWEMAN said...
[
Move into our new place off Dendy St on the 26th = MORE windsurfing not less (and plenty of jellyfish by the sound of things).

KA dude said
Dendy st??? you lucky dude not fairall your inverloch buddys are going to be real envy of you son living right near a beach where all the windsurfers hang out

Leman
VIC, 672 posts
19 Feb 2010 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

Nice photos KA. Looks like it was a great day. Unfortunately it was my birthday so was catching up with people. Got an excellent afternoon sail on the Monday after though. It was hitting 25knots off Mornington Pier. Glad I picked windsurfing as my sport, as I was watching a poor kiter who couldn't get out past the windshadow.

Before you tell me to head to Ricketts or your beloved Dendy KA, I will one day when it isn't blowing well down here. I am sure you can save me a free carpark right on the water.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Victoria

"Windsurf jam at ricketts 14th/2/10" started by Bondalucci