SA, 2055 posts
20 Jul 2012 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Quad 101 mmm nice.

2qik4u
33 posts
22 Jul 2012 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

Looks the new TriWave has the same specs as the 2012 Twinfin!
Is this the same board with a thruster set up

Also no single fin wave/fsw boards other than the wood model..if i wanted a single fin board means
I have to settle for plastic plugs in the slot box's, Im not a big fan of this idea

Or is it a case of the thruster's are so good you'll never want a single fin again.
I sail open ocean B&J no so called waves just wind swell. All my Fanatics are singles.
Its a big risk to spend the money on the thruster and not to be happy with it!

Last year models looked sick with unique metallic airbrushing and polished effects
Green quad looks crap IMO The Freewaves look vey nice

jsnfok
WA, 899 posts
22 Jul 2012 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

2qik4u said...

Looks the new TriWave has the same specs as the 2012 Twinfin!
Is this the same board with a thruster set up

Also no single fin wave/fsw boards other than the wood model..if i wanted a single fin board means
I have to settle for plastic plugs in the slot box's, Im not a big fan of this idea

Or is it a case of the thruster's are so good you'll never want a single fin again.
I sail open ocean B&J no so called waves just wind swell. All my Fanatics are singles.
Its a big risk to spend the money on the thruster and not to be happy with it!

Last year models looked sick with unique metallic airbrushing and polished effects
Green quad looks crap IMO The Freewaves look vey nice

they're not really thrusters, they are single fins that have 'side' fins added, i got the 115 coming and that only comes in a single, i guess everyone is trying to get people to buy boards...

they are still a compromise

if you are gonna get into to waves, get into waves, dont halve ass compromise, bull***t wanna be a phillip koster, get a surf board or a sup as well, you have to learn to stay on the wave and 'surf' it not OUTRUN it, i see so many people sail around the break, and downwind, instead of getting into it, giving it a good hard crack

had my winge now

SHEETIN
291 posts
23 Jul 2012 12:49PM
Thumbs Up

they're not really thrusters, they are single fins that have 'side' fins added,

= THRUSTER

albers
NSW, 1737 posts
23 Jul 2012 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

SHEETIN said...

= THRUSTER

I was under the impression that a THRUSTER, based on the inventors' original design (Simon Anderson), was three fins of identical size. A large central fin, with two small side fins, is therefore a tri-fin.

Is this correct, of is it just a case of semantics?

jsnfok
WA, 899 posts
23 Jul 2012 8:12PM
Thumbs Up

SHEETIN said...

= THRUSTER

= gay thruster

SHEETIN
291 posts
24 Jul 2012 8:03AM
Thumbs Up

Tri-Fin, Thruster same thing.................... three fins, size and shape optional.....

2qik4u
33 posts
24 Jul 2012 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

So are "3 fin" boards that good they can scrap single fin boards!

I know ya can put plastic things in the slots to have a single fin but this surely this must have some effect on the board..

Im sure "thruster's" are better on the waves but what about real world sailing
that a normal person is sailing like me..strong current, crappy side on wind chop, blasting around in the ocean!

I have the 2010 95 FSW and its awesome but would it be worth upgrading to the 2013 “3 fin” design

SHEETIN
291 posts
24 Jul 2012 10:47AM
Thumbs Up

Change Brands, some still make a single fin B&J blasters or go local get an OES or Nude and exactly what you want.

As for NORMAL, ive yet to find a normal person.

Aus has world class sailing locations in the real world, just have to go for a drive.

DunkO
NSW, 1143 posts
24 Jul 2012 12:50PM
Thumbs Up

SHEETIN said...

Tri-Fin, Thruster same thing.................... three fins, size and shape optional.....

no not the same thing. thruster is fins of the same size, 2+1 is a larger center fin and smaller side fins and you can also have two larger side fins and on smaller rear know as twin with trailer.

jsnfok
WA, 899 posts
31 Jul 2012 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

just a breath of caution to those wanting to buy a fanatic here in australia...

dont, just dont

if you break it they tell you that you are overloading the board and basically, go eff yourself...

so keep yer fanatic stuff....

gmitton
SA, 1430 posts
8 Aug 2012 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

I used to break tons of boards - JP's then Naish (before that old school boards). Was always hard on my gear. Done some massive stuff on the Fanatics and I havent had a failure. Had them for 4 years of hard sailing. I do the occasional ding but that is to be expected when you smack the mast on the nose in front of a thick wave in the shorebreak.

I haven't needed to get one sorted under warranty so I can't comment on that front, but in terms of strength - no probs. Prevention better than cure?

Jimmy wind
NSW, 45 posts
9 Aug 2012 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

jsnfok said...

just a breath of caution to those wanting to buy a fanatic here in australia...

dont, just dont

if you break it they tell you that you are overloading the board and basically, go eff yourself...

so keep yer fanatic stuff....

I'm guessing you looped it and landed flat? I broke my fanatic recently big stall forward landed flat, big crease went and bought another one the same the next day, it withstood 12 months of my abuse before breaking so no stress. I break surfboards all the time too though no one warrantys those.....Warrantys only cover manufacturing faults like delamintion not out right breaks.

jsnfok
WA, 899 posts
9 Aug 2012 8:42PM
Thumbs Up

actually it was simply a small chop hop and then BANG, and only had it for 4 months from new, the previous years board with stood many a beating...

and the board was delaminated from the mast track to the footstraps and fanatic weren't interested, basically said it was me

curac
WA, 1144 posts
9 Aug 2012 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

gmitton said...

I used to break tons of boards - JP's then Naish (before that old school boards). Was always hard on my gear. Done some massive stuff on the Fanatics and I havent had a failure. Had them for 4 years of hard sailing. I do the occasional ding but that is to be expected when you smack the mast on the nose in front of a thick wave in the shorebreak.

I haven't needed to get one sorted under warranty so I can't comment on that front, but in terms of strength - no probs. Prevention better than cure?

same board for 4 years??

probably the boards are just made stronger or you don't go as "massive" all made in the same factory. to pretty much the same specs. and cobra pay the warranties for the boards if it a manufacturing fault so i'd be more concerned with the shape.

I think all boards are good for a time then they die. for myself usually around the straps.
the only board I have broken in half was a brand that everyone thinks are really strong. its just down to how much you use your board. when it's done it's done

GSS
WA, 75 posts
10 Aug 2012 11:38AM
Thumbs Up

Just a few more weeks and Fanatics 2013 are expected to hit our shores. Praying for a good wind season...come on Huey!

gmitton
SA, 1430 posts
10 Aug 2012 3:48PM
Thumbs Up

"Massive" means flat landing one handed forwards hooked in. Its board abuse, not trophy winning stuff...

stehsegler
WA, 3469 posts
10 Aug 2012 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

gmitton said...

"Massive" means flat landing one handed forwards hooked in. Its board abuse, not trophy winning stuff...

yeah... because everyone wave sailor in Australia knows how to do those.

Zfy
NSW, 51 posts
10 Aug 2012 10:18PM
Thumbs Up

gmitton said...

In your sleep doesn't count!

mclovin
SA, 724 posts
11 Aug 2012 10:30AM
Thumbs Up

they are easier for me than unhooked, just lean back, sheet in and away you go.

sausage
QLD, 4873 posts
5 Sep 2012 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

2013 Falcons. I see they've ditched the dark charcoal for red.

stehsegler
WA, 3469 posts
5 Sep 2012 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

sausage said...

2013 Falcons. I see they've ditched the dark charcoal for red.

Nice looking boards.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

"2013 Fanatic website is up" started by Scotty Mac