Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

NSWWA Event 1, Spring Bash, ILLAWARRA 11/12th Sept

Created by Crash Landing > 9 months ago, 15 Aug 2010
adrien2035
NSW, 178 posts
14 Sep 2010 5:01PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

was any wave at Bellambi? or was it dead flat?
the wind was a bit gusty but we made the most of it, and managed to finish everything we have started, so pretty stock with the result.
and you will see some pictures soon, action was good, I can't wait for the next event, i ll bring the bread again ;-)

stehsegler
WA, 3472 posts
14 Sep 2010 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

this was around 4:30 pm:

qwerty
NSW, 807 posts
14 Sep 2010 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

adrien2035 said...

Hi,

was any wave at Bellambi? or was it dead flat?
the wind was a bit gusty but we made the most of it, and managed to finish everything we have started, so pretty stock with the result.
and you will see some pictures soon, action was good, I can't wait for the next event, i ll bring the bread again ;-)

Yeah I sailed at East Corrimal (which is off Bellambi point). had a great time.
Wasn't really expecting the day to do much but the wind and waves got better as the arvo rolled on.
15-20 knots and shoulder high waves.

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
14 Sep 2010 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

Damn!?! So it was even better at east corrimal. I heard Wanda was smokin!!! We sailed. It was fun. And the all blacks won great weekend. Thanks tim and co.

dan berry
WA, 2562 posts
14 Sep 2010 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

Woohoo red thumb!!

whyner
NSW, 762 posts
14 Sep 2010 6:28PM
Thumbs Up

Crash Landing said...

What I'm more interested in is this:

Friday
Dangerous conditions as S groundswell builds from 5 - 6ft+ early to 8 – 12ft south facing beaches into the afternoon and to 6 – 8ft+ open beaches. Larger 12 to 15ft surf at deepwater reefs. WIND: WSW 10 – 20 knots tending SW to SE during the afternoon.

If anyone heads out at PK can you take some pics please.

Good luck!

I don't think the wind will be strong enough to sail But if you want to see some sick surfing check our Cowries, Redsands or Sandon Point(Sandon will be the biggest).

whyner
NSW, 762 posts
14 Sep 2010 6:29PM
Thumbs Up

And watch the surf mags for more "hammerheads" secret spot. Going to be huge Friday.

whyner
NSW, 762 posts
14 Sep 2010 6:30PM
Thumbs Up

Oh yeah and if the wind does happen to come up enough, windang will probably be ok to sail still, it won't get the full brunt of the south swell, only mast and half probably.

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing Wave sailing

"NSWWA Event 1, Spring Bash, ILLAWARRA 11/12th Sept" started by Crash Landing