Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

GoPro Head cam Footage Saturday 20/12/08

Created by rooster > 9 months ago, 21 Dec 2008
rooster
WA, 243 posts
21 Dec 2008 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Was a resonably windy day on Saturday but ankle high swell My early xmas present got a workout though. Have to say very impressed with the camera, pity about the lame footage. Youtube does not do the quality of the camera justice. Cant wait to use it in some real conditions

Bender
WA, 2223 posts
21 Dec 2008 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

Nice job Rooster, looks like it was pretty fun.

MavericK040
WA, 583 posts
21 Dec 2008 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

nice vid!

yep youtube sucks.

cant wait till i get mine now!

WINDY MILLER
WA, 3183 posts
21 Dec 2008 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

looks gr8....what camera gear r u using??? is it X'y

MavericK040
WA, 583 posts
21 Dec 2008 10:09PM
Thumbs Up

Miller its a GoPro Helmet hero wide.

They're about $320 from launch helmet cams in perth.

www.launchhelmetcams.com/self-contained/helmet-hero-wide

grumplestiltskin
WA, 2331 posts
22 Dec 2008 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

looks wicked

Not sure how you do it, but youtube now has a high def option as well.
have viewed a couple of high def vids from there and they look good.

elmo
WA, 8718 posts
22 Dec 2008 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

Nice one Rooster man

Board looks like it runs sweet for you

rooster
WA, 243 posts
22 Dec 2008 8:23AM
Thumbs Up

elmo said...

Nice one Rooster man

Board looks like it runs sweet for you

Board is sweet mate. Pity it has not been in the conditions it desires though. Still it does show that twinnies can go in most conditions.
BRING ON SOME DECENT SWELL

grumplestiltskin
WA, 2331 posts
22 Dec 2008 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

How solidly does it mount to the helmet, and are you using a Gath?

looking at the website it seems to stick up quite proud from the helmet knowing my propensity to stack is there any danger of it being ripped off?

rooster
WA, 243 posts
22 Dec 2008 9:32AM
Thumbs Up

grumplestiltskin said...

How solidly does it mount to the helmet, and are you using a Gath?

looking at the website it seems to stick up quite proud from the helmet knowing my propensity to stack is there any danger of it being ripped off?

Grumps it is very solid to the gath and I would doubt it would be ripped off. It comes with a couple of other mounts and I tried to mount it to the boom but the cable ties got in the way. Will have to work on that. The camera is housed in a very heavy duty case so you would have to smash the reef pretty hard to wreck it It would be in true Elmo style if you did stuff it

billekrub
125 posts
15 Jan 2009 1:09PM
Thumbs Up

Rooster,

Thanks for the video. Am using the 78 now for 4.7 sailing and looking to replace my 92l Allwave with either a 90 or 98 like yours. Would be interested in how turning compares with smaller boards in overhead waves. Does one bank the board and turn off the rail the same as with a classical shape? Can an 80 liter sailor achieve this on these bigger sizes? My present 92 turns almost exclusively off the tail and does better for it size than many other single fin shapes I have tried.

At least it looks like from your video the 98 is a wave board. So often the larger sizes morph to some other function.

Bill

wa881
WA, 205 posts
15 Jan 2009 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

i just bought one of these and the quality on the PC is much better than i expected. I use a gath helment sticky mount and that seems to work well with a little leash just in case.housing is very robust but i'm only sailing slalom anyway

rooster
WA, 243 posts
18 Jan 2009 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

billekrub said...

Rooster,

Thanks for the video. Am using the 78 now for 4.7 sailing and looking to replace my 92l Allwave with either a 90 or 98 like yours. Would be interested in how turning compares with smaller boards in overhead waves. Does one bank the board and turn off the rail the same as with a classical shape? Can an 80 liter sailor achieve this on these bigger sizes? My present 92 turns almost exclusively off the tail and does better for it size than many other single fin shapes I have tried.

At least it looks like from your video the 98 is a wave board. So often the larger sizes morph to some other function.

Bill

Mate just got back from a trip using my 98 OES twinny. For a big wave board it is unreal At 105kgs I use it as my smaller wave board and with a 4.7 have no probs. Does the sickest turns and unlike single fins does not taail walk when overpowered. As far as turning them it takes some getting used to, my prob was pushing too hard. They are super loose and unlike any other board I have owned. Very happy

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing   Western Australia

"GoPro Head cam Footage Saturday 20/12/08" started by rooster