Forums > Windsurfing General

lake macquarie fun

Created by andrew c > 9 months ago, 19 Feb 2006
andrew c
NSW, 39 posts
19 Feb 2006 1:00PM
Thumbs Up

hi folks,
just thought i'd tell the lake macquarie sailors that i have seen a fair size shark on the lake the last two saturdays in a row whilst yacht racing. i reckon it was about 1.5-2m long. the first time was between coal pt and cardiff pt and the second time was between toronto and valentine pt.
luckily i haven't seen it whilst windsurfing.
good incentive for quick waterstarts anyway...
andrew

Itch
NSW, 107 posts
19 Feb 2006 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Andrew
Is this any where near Shingle Splitters Point.I sail there every now and then in a north eastly.

andrew c
NSW, 39 posts
19 Feb 2006 6:33PM
Thumbs Up

gday itch,
shingle splitters is up the other end of the lake, but its not that far to swim when you think about it...

wet dreams
NSW, 29 posts
19 Feb 2006 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

apparently they're going to put up shark warning signs at certain popular swim areas around the lake also watch out for razor clams someone got sliced at shingles ... do you know that person Itch

Itch
NSW, 107 posts
19 Feb 2006 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hi WET DREAMS
I have only sailed there about 4 times with my family and we all wear booties . Have not noticed Razor Clams but I think I have sliced my old booties on something there but my skin stayed intact. I do not know who cut their foot. Only seen 2 other guys sailing there in a north easterly on hifly's madd.

rosey
NSW, 575 posts
19 Feb 2006 8:01PM
Thumbs Up

there was a decent size shark off coaly about a month ago, 2+ metres, there was about 20 guys out and it quickly decreased to 10 or so...they are everywhere, just have to deal i suppose. there are also a heap of razor fish around at the moment, some old guy sliced his foot on one the other day and couldnt do the swim across the lake...once again, jus have to deal and pull em out where possible. andrew waht yacht do you sail?

andrew c
NSW, 39 posts
19 Feb 2006 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

gday rosey,
i sail on a boat called wallop, a sydney 41. boat lives at toronto but we race at belmont on saturdays.
andrew

rosey
NSW, 575 posts
19 Feb 2006 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

ye i know the boat pretty well, always see it out and my brother knows wally....i used to sail ants and sabots at toronto but now just windsurfing...see you on the water

Subscribe

Forums > Windsurfing General

"lake macquarie fun" started by andrew c