Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

The Funny Images Thread

Created by evlPanda > 9 months ago, 26 Feb 2009
Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
23 Apr 2016 7:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
felixdcat said..
^^^^ This is how they dismantled the old WA Museum building in Northbridge, could not explode it cause there was a few heritage listed buildings around it. They used a big crane to get a small excavator on the flat roof. Would have been a scary job to operate on that roof.

excavater with a rock breaker on it slowly demolishing the building around it.... im just not seeing it....

ive ripped up my share of slabs and cut down god knows how many columns, was the digger permanently supported by the crane? its not like jackhammering a slabs gonna make the whole ****ing thing collapse and **** theres just to much steel thatd all have to be cut... there is something wrong with my eyes i just cant see it.

now you drop a dozen goons with steam jacks and a bunch of quick cuts (pretty sure there is some push cutters aswell (like a lawn mower but vertical disk) ) and now that i can see happening relatively safely and well. gonna need a big ass compressor but easily liftable by the crane.

what era are we even talking here felix?

Crusoe
QLD, 1193 posts
23 Apr 2016 9:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kozzie said..

felixdcat said..
^^^^ This is how they dismantled the old WA Museum building in Northbridge, could not explode it cause there was a few heritage listed buildings around it. They used a big crane to get a small excavator on the flat roof. Would have been a scary job to operate on that roof.

excavater with a rock breaker on it slowly demolishing the building around it.... im just not seeing it....

ive ripped up my share of slabs and cut down god knows how many columns, was the digger permanently supported by the crane? its not like jackhammering a slabs gonna make the whole ****ing thing collapse and **** theres just to much steel thatd all have to be cut... there is something wrong with my eyes i just cant see it.

now you drop a dozen goons with steam jacks and a bunch of quick cuts (pretty sure there is some push cutters aswell (like a lawn mower but vertical disk) ) and now that i can see happening relatively safely and well. gonna need a big ass compressor but easily liftable by the crane.

what era are we even talking here felix?

Yep, I saw a similar thing done in Mackay when they demolished the old water tower beside Nebo road.

desertyank
1260 posts
24 Apr 2016 2:55AM
Thumbs Up

cisco
QLD, 12321 posts
24 Apr 2016 10:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
desertyank said..

That shop must be in Tasmania.

whillie
5 posts
25 Apr 2016 3:45AM
Thumbs Up

Can someone tell me what they do with all the rubble from the excavator, also what happens when he gets to the next floor does the crane have to lift it down this would take forever

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
25 Apr 2016 6:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Mastbender said..
Where we are headed here in the U.S.

Wow, unisex, just like the one at my house!

If it doesn't look like this I don't have a problem with it

WA waverider
WA, 79 posts
25 Apr 2016 9:26AM
Thumbs Up

they generally push the rubble down the lift shaft,then when about half the floor they are on is gone the machine uses it's arm to lower itself to the next floor simple really oh and a bobcat cleans the rubble out of the shaft at the bottom

Stubbies
WA, 1126 posts
25 Apr 2016 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
25 Apr 2016 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA waverider said..
they generally push the rubble down the lift shaft,then when about half the floor they are on is gone the machine uses it's arm to lower itself to the next floor simple really oh and a bobcat cleans the rubble out of the shaft at the bottom

im still not seeing it ive broken up slabs with a backhoe and rockbreaker. there is stressed steel in the suspended decks. not to mention its all tied off to the columns etc. the buldings they did this on must not have been built the way they make them today because at some point your just going to end up with a ****load of steel floating around with boulders of concrete stuck in it. i suppose the operator can jump out with a guilitine every now and then but its just all so much of a **** around.

anyways multiple people say theyve seen it done here so must be true i just think itd be cheaper and safer to drop a dozen goons with jacks and cutters and take it apart that way. its surpriseingly quick when you dont have to cut to a depth etc and just need to destroy it all

Crusoe
QLD, 1193 posts
25 Apr 2016 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Kozzie said..

WA waverider said..

im still not seeing it ive broken up slabs with a backhoe and rockbreaker. there is stressed steel in the suspended decks. not to mention its all tied off to the columns etc. the buldings they did this on must not have been built the way they make them today because at some point your just going to end up with a ****load of steel floating around with boulders of concrete stuck in it. i suppose the operator can jump out with a guilitine every now and then but its just all so much of a **** around.

anyways multiple people say theyve seen it done here so must be true i just think itd be cheaper and safer to drop a dozen goons with jacks and cutters and take it apart that way. its surpriseingly quick when you dont have to cut to a depth etc and just need to destroy it all

weburbanist.com/2012/01/08/high-anxiety-rooftop-excavators-tear-down-from-up-top/

Macroscien
QLD, 6806 posts
28 Apr 2016 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

today on TheAge... 4 legged people ..

Fly on da wall
SA, 725 posts
28 Apr 2016 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kozzie said...
WA waverider said..

You break the concrete from the beams, then oxy cut n crane down. Break the floor through then go down to the next floor n repeat n fill the lift shaft with rubble. Until you're down low enough then put a 70- 100 excavator on a 3-4 story high pile of rubble. Grab a donger... a piece if C Section on the excavator n start tearing it down. That's from my experience at PT Building Services.

Cauncy, care to add anything?

Also I'd appreciate RPMS INPUT!!

Gizmo
SA, 2865 posts
28 Apr 2016 4:41PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^ Errrr this is a 'funny images thread' not an argue it out thread!!!!!!

AUS1111
WA, 3617 posts
28 Apr 2016 3:30PM
Thumbs Up

^^^

Where's your funny image??

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
28 Apr 2016 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Gizmo
SA, 2865 posts
28 Apr 2016 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Stubbies
WA, 1126 posts
28 Apr 2016 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

kernal
WA, 541 posts
28 Apr 2016 7:34PM
Thumbs Up

All china.

where they fill bridge beams with rubbish and columns with sand! blog.asiantown.net/-/1756/bridge-made-of-rubbish-collapses-in-shanghai--china

You dont cut stressed steel with am oxy itd slingshot crete across the street into the office building

slammin
QLD, 991 posts
29 Apr 2016 5:53AM
Thumbs Up

Discuss boring excavotor on rooftop discussion here.

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/General-Discussion/Chat/Boring-excavotor-rubbish-here

kernal
WA, 541 posts
29 Apr 2016 4:05AM
Thumbs Up

myusernam
QLD, 6112 posts
29 Apr 2016 7:55AM
Thumbs Up

^^^wot's that?

Darkspi
SA, 171 posts
29 Apr 2016 8:59AM
Thumbs Up

Alien tick infestation

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
29 Apr 2016 2:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
myusernam said..
^^^wot's that?

landyacht
WA, 5921 posts
29 Apr 2016 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
myusernam said..
^^^wot's that?

special lightweight chinese bridge concrete. fill with rubbish grout over,never drive over bridge

T 11
TAS, 811 posts
30 Apr 2016 1:02PM
Thumbs Up

japie
NSW, 6813 posts
30 Apr 2016 2:26PM
Thumbs Up

Rupert
TAS, 2967 posts
30 Apr 2016 3:07PM
Thumbs Up

hargs
QLD, 634 posts
1 May 2016 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

T 11
TAS, 811 posts
1 May 2016 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

quikdrawMcgraw
1221 posts
1 May 2016 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

overdose?

Subscribe

Forums > General Discussion   Shooting the breeze...

"The Funny Images Thread" started by evlPanda