Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

Naish Ultra Jet 850 verses old 810 foil

Created by DrewInBrissie 1 month ago, 4 Aug 2024
DrewInBrissie
QLD, 4 posts
4 Aug 2024 8:07AM
Thumbs Up

I'm riding the Triton X1 for light wind kiting and love it, but looking for something a bit quicker for when the wind picks up. Thinking about the new Ultrajet 850 or the older kite 810 front wings. Does anyone have any experience with both? I can't find any reviews of the 850, let alone any comparison.

I mostly enjoy free foiling and swell riding mostly. I don't get out as much as I'd like to, so OK jibing but still working our foot switches. I'm not interested in anything too technical, hard to ride, or super fast, just a comfortable easy ride foil.

KBGhost
QLD, 272 posts
6 Aug 2024 6:55AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Drew,

Sorry to not really answer your question, but have you tried the T1 if you love the X1?

I spent the 3 day weekend rotating between T1, X1, and the new X1 Pro. All different, all nice to ride. However the X1 is definitely a bit slow, the T1 is the best for kite foil when there's enough wind.

Pair it with a kite you can throw around and a small agile board and the whole thing comes alive under you. Lean back on heelside and light it up, and it's got all the speed you need. There was a random fella from Sydney riding an Axis high aspect (ART 699 maybe) with high modulus mast, and he was no faster than the T1.

airsail
QLD, 1355 posts
6 Aug 2024 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DrewInBrissie said..
I'm riding the Triton X1 for light wind kiting and love it, but looking for something a bit quicker for when the wind picks up. Thinking about the new Ultrajet 850 or the older kite 810 front wings. Does anyone have any experience with both? I can't find any reviews of the 850, let alone any comparison.

I mostly enjoy free foiling and swell riding mostly. I don't get out as much as I'd like to, so OK jibing but still working our foot switches. I'm not interested in anything too technical, hard to ride, or super fast, just a comfortable easy ride foil.

I haven't tried the 850 but own the 810, it's a really fun wing to ride and find it doesn't do anything badly. It's a bit too quick for good swell riding, you need to keep turning to avoid outrunning the kite but I expect that's what your after. Your welcome to try it whenever you want if your up near Redcliffe at all.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Foiling

"Naish Ultra Jet 850 verses old 810 foil" started by DrewInBrissie