Forums > Kitesurfing General

1st Racing National Titles

Created by INTHELOOP > 9 months ago, 26 Apr 2011
INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
26 Apr 2011 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

the first race started on Friday in 6-10knts. Only a few racers finished and the race was cancelled out due to the min wind rule.

On Sunday we raced around a beautiful course. I really enjoyed it.

1st Race:
1. Johnno Keys
2. Eneour
3. Rick Black
4. Kim Lema ( FEMALE ON RACEBOARD WITH AMAZING RACING - look out dudes i think we will see a lot of very fast girls in the coming races)
5. Damian Gough
6. Brett Wright
7. Adam Quinn
8. Marvin
9. Moti (DQ- crashed into Adam and me at the starting flying downwind)

2nd Race:
1. Marvin
2. Adam ( Adam and myself had a head to head race from the start and i was lucky enough to be faster on the last tack due to short fins)
3. Damian Gough
4. Johnno Keys
5. Rick Black
6. Brett Wright
7. Eneour
8. Moti Levy
9. Kim Lema

3rd Race:
1. Marvin
2. Damian G
3. Johnno Keys
4. Eneour
5. Moti Levy
6. Rick Black
7. Brett Wright
8. Kim lema
9. Adam Quinn (DNF)

OVERALL RESULTS:
1. JOHNNO KEYS (first ever Australian Racing Champion) CONGRATULATIONS!
2. Marvin
3. Damian Gough
4. Eneour
5. Rick Black
6. Adam Quinn
7. Kim Lema
8. Brett Wright
9. Moti Levy

Again huge props to Kim Lema for racing very well, jibing and tacking.

AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
26 Apr 2011 8:40PM
Thumbs Up

Congrats Johnno,

Nice work! I'm guessing the new kites gave you the EDGE you needed

DM

alty
WA, 62 posts
26 Apr 2011 11:39PM
Thumbs Up

Wow! Well done Johnno. Congratulations to you. That is an awesome achievement.

Great effort from Damo as well. Serious WA representation on the podium!

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
27 Apr 2011 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

the WA crew is already a bit further with the racing. the other states have to catch up now

eneour
WA, 104 posts
27 Apr 2011 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

when is the next racing comp happening!?

we need to get the ball rolling!!!

Marvin's got 4 racing buoys, we just need volunteers, a few boats and wind, and we could make another racing comp soon!
who's keen!???

see you soon on the water, with hopefully more time & wind to run more races :0)

Adrenalin Rush
QLD, 876 posts
27 Apr 2011 12:36PM
Thumbs Up

We will host a race in mackay next month if you guys up North are keen to drive down. Should be back on the water by then

eneour
WA, 104 posts
27 Apr 2011 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

of course we'll drive down!!! and we'll bring down the big buoys if needed?
that's great news Joe!

JohnnoKeys
WA, 551 posts
27 Apr 2011 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

Thats it boyz get the Buzz going. The WA RACING crew ( they sent me an email last night) are already setting up and organising our 2011/2012 racing series. Great fun on race day in Alva beach all of the racers were into it and everyone learned alot. Damo & I had a big learning curve with the 6 to 13 knot racing and it opened our minds. See you lads next year.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
27 Apr 2011 3:01PM
Thumbs Up

arsa said...

We will host a race in mackay next month if you guys up North are keen to drive down. Should be back on the water by then

hell yea Joe!! we are in :) but only if you race too!

Prawnhead
NSW, 1317 posts
27 Apr 2011 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

was everyone on proper race boards johnno ? you gave a pretty good description of the racing in the red bull event...what about a bit of insight for the racing philistines among us?

eneour
WA, 104 posts
27 Apr 2011 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Jonno,
let us know when registrations are opening for the Rottnest island race? Kim (my girlfrined) and I will try to make it then :0)

also, if you are looking for lighter (full carbon) custom made fins for your board, at reasonable prices, you could send an inquiry to french shaper Jerome Courtois:

jerome@jc-kiteboards.fr

He made my board and my girlfriends' board + fins

you can check out his blog: http://jc-kiteboards.fr/news/
he makes a lot of nice & cool toys: foil boards, foldable surboards, race boards, etc

it was great meeting you and hopefully see you soon on the water :0)

JohnnoKeys
WA, 551 posts
27 Apr 2011 2:57PM
Thumbs Up

Eneour will keep you in Loop on Rottnest Race, yes was great meeting all the crew, I thought your boards looked pretty interesting, I noticed the black carbon fins, and you and Kim were very very quick, Marvin & Damo also as results show was super quick in the conditions, just a bit more consistancey and less crashes and all the crew racing would have been on the money.

Will smash together my POV of racing on day and this may help people interested in racing to take the leap and get a race board and start having way to much fun no matter where you finish in race.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"1st Racing National Titles" started by INTHELOOP