Forums > Kitesurfing General

2012 WA Freestyle Championships

Created by WAKSA > 9 months ago, 14 Dec 2011
WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
14 Dec 2011 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

As advised in the email to members this morning, WAKSA is very pleased to announce that the 2012 WA Freestyle Championships will be held from 14 to 15 January 2012 at Woodman Point.

The competition is open to WAKSA members who are WA residents in the following categories: Juniors (under 16 yrs); Youths (16-18); Open Mens; Open Womens; Masters & Legends.

Further announcements about this exciting competition will be made on the WAKSA website, emails to members, and of course, here on Seabreeze.

puppetonastring
WA, 3619 posts
14 Dec 2011 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

WAKSA might like to look at having an open invitational international class. Even if it was just as a demo display.
Not sure who is coming this year but we usually get a handfull of the worlds best here for summer. Might add to the spectator value.

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
14 Dec 2011 11:28PM
Thumbs Up

yeaa, sounds like a fun comp, can we compete if not from WA?

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
14 Dec 2011 10:16PM
Thumbs Up

What is the age of the Masters?

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
15 Dec 2011 12:27AM
Thumbs Up

wicked stuff WAKSA,keen to watch. Hopefully WA's best Freestylers rock up for a big showdown at woodies in 25knts.
There is some good local riders.
Chrissy 2nd in Oz in females and Shannon 4th, Simon 3rd and Dan 4th.
Hopefully we gonna see some newcomer grommets to the scene and old ones returning like Michael Bell, Abel..

Ewan you cant compete in WA cuz u not a resident (yet) and you already Vic champ greedy grom
Looking forward to it

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
15 Dec 2011 1:56AM
Thumbs Up

INTHELOOP said...

wicked stuff WAKSA,keen to watch. Hopefully WA's best Freestylers rock up for a big showdown at woodies in 25knts.
There is some good local riders.
Chrissy 2nd in Oz in females and Shannon 4th, Simon 3rd and Dan 4th.
Hopefully we gonna see some newcomer grommets to the scene and old ones returning like Michael Bell, Abel..

Ewan you cant compete in WA cuz u not a resident (yet) and you already Vic champ greedy grom
Looking forward to it

i mean the open class for non WA people lol, why not?

SaveTheWhales
WA, 1874 posts
15 Dec 2011 7:09AM
Thumbs Up

WAKSA. said...
The competition is open to WAKSA members who are WA residents

or it would be called Oz tiltles

WAKSA
WA, 813 posts
15 Dec 2011 8:07AM
Thumbs Up

juicerider said...

What is the age of the Masters?

Juniors 16yrs & Under
Youths 18yrs & Under
Open (any age)
Masters 35 yrs & over
Legends 45 yrs & over - (if your knees can handle it....)

Due to the fact that it's the WA Championships, entries will be limited to WA kiters. We haven't run a state Freestyle competition for some time and will be expecting "several" of our own born & bred freestyle crew wanting to show just how good they are....

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
15 Dec 2011 12:04PM
Thumbs Up

SaveTheWhales said...

WAKSA. said...
The competition is open to WAKSA members who are WA residents

or it would be called Oz tiltles

yer thats fine i was just wondering because at our Vic titles we had a few people travel down from Queensland to compete

kite boy
WA, 354 posts
15 Dec 2011 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

yeow should be fun day

juicerider
WA, 790 posts
15 Dec 2011 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

WAKSA. said...

Legends 45 yrs & over - (if your knees can handle it....

Cool, so I should take my arthritis pills then?, will there be anybody to help me back to my Zimmer frame after.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5353 posts
15 Dec 2011 6:57PM
Thumbs Up

How are you guys going for judges? If you want I can come help out, I'm also sure I could round up a few of the PKRA riders there at the time to help out as well if you like. Just a thought, P.M. me if you have some ideas.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2012 WA Freestyle Championships" started by WAKSA