Forums > Kitesurfing General

2016 North Neo Video

Created by SurfFX > 9 months ago, 6 Oct 2015
SurfFX
QLD, 479 posts
Site Sponsor
6 Oct 2015 12:30PM
Thumbs Up

Good little vid from North on the Neo with some sick wave footage. Just ignore the American accent.

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
6 Oct 2015 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Mint rolls at 2:20!
But can I see batons?
#2006waroo

loftsofwind
QLD, 226 posts
6 Oct 2015 6:41PM
Thumbs Up

Isn’t this a 5 line kite?

If you drop it in the surf it would be a b**** to relaunch after a waves rolled it over...

North Kites are looking good this season tho!

SurfFX
QLD, 479 posts
Site Sponsor
6 Oct 2015 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

It can be used as a 5 line but we all prefer it as a 4 line.

dazza5172
SA, 311 posts
6 Oct 2015 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
loftsofwind said..

If you drop it in the surf it would be a b**** to relaunch after a waves rolled it over...

Its a 4 line kite, but can be used with a 5th line bar, I swapped to Neos last year from Rebels, Rebels are 5 line kites and chaning to 4 line in surf was part of the choice, you would only use 5 line on this kite if you for some reason wanted 5 line bar for other kite, if you order it then use 4 line.

Daz

strekke
73 posts
6 Oct 2015 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dazza5172 said..

loftsofwind said..

Its a 4 line kite, but can be used with a 5th line bar, I swapped to Neos last year from Rebels, Rebels are 5 line kites and chaning to 4 line in surf was part of the choice, you would only use 5 line on this kite if you for some reason wanted 5 line bar for other kite, if you order it then use 4 line.

Daz

Question about the Neo's (2015 or 2016): how do they jump, and how do they kiteloop (both hooked in)? Riding 2015 Dices atm and love em, but never unhook really. Did a lot of waveriding this season and might be tempted to get the Neo's for an even better wave experience. However, when the wind picks up and it's choppy/sucky waves I do like to go out on my twintip to just boost around and throw some mellow kiteloops. A guy on the beach told me that the Neo is well suited for that, only advantage the Dice has is when you unhook (which I don't).

Anyone who can share experience?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
6 Oct 2015 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
surfingboye said...
Mint rolls at 2:20!
But can I see batons?
#2006waroo

Everyone would winge if it was 5 struts, pretty hard to manufacture a super light 3 strut wave specific kite without a thickened trailing edge or battens, personally I don't mind the noise of a fluttering kite in cranking winds as long as it doesn't translate to the bar, the 2014 neo from what I've seen was guilty of this especially through downwind transitions, pretty good how it has a great bottom end , close to my edges especially as a wave kite

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1396 posts
6 Oct 2015 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Traded my 2014 Neo 6,8,10 for 2016 Neo 6,8,10 a couple of weeks ago. Haven't had too much time on them, 8 mostly and bit of 10. My take is they are improved, turn a bit faster, smoother and maybe more capacity to handle big gusts without huge bar pressure.
I still think Neo low end is over rated. Wave riders like me go for a smaller kite, whereas free riders go for bigger kites.

Anyway I like it, nice to have new kites and works for me. Does boosts but no idea how it compares to other kites.

pearl
NSW, 984 posts
7 Oct 2015 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

That video is a great ad for that tomo style board. They are absolutely shredding on it. Nice top turns and stuck to their feet in the air. Impressive!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2016 North Neo Video" started by SurfFX