Thumbs Up

What happened to the dingo???

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
5 Dec 2016 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wishy said...
I got smoked by a girl on a hydrofoil right on the line in front of my whole family. FML.

I know that feeling. Happened to me the week before at the hydrofoil pro tour and she was only 15 hahaha

We better get used to it mate

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
5 Dec 2016 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jay9 said...
1st Nico Parlier (France) 19:03
2nd Florian Gruber (Germany)
3rd Florian Trittel (Spain) F

Female
1st Stephanie Bridge (UK) 24:50
2nd Elena Kalinena (Russia)
3rd Theresa McKirdy (WA)

1st Twin Tip Aaron Hadlow 23:00
2nd Twin Tip Sam Light
3rd Twin Tip Jordan Girdis

Marc Sprod Memorial Trophy Alty Frisby

Alty was fast finished behind me.

Stoked for Kitefoil Australia team and teamrider Flo Trittel who came 3rd even he had a massive explosion behind wash of boat hurting his head.

The top 4 were so fast despite having weed on foil almost the whole time.

My legs got a double workout dragging weed the whole race. It was all about not crashing.

Winds were perfect 15-20knots and pretty flat water.
Most top guys on 9-10m kites.

Except of Aaron Hadlow all top 20 on foils I think.

Aaron dominated th TT Fleet on a 13m Vegas and boots

wishy
WA, 1501 posts
5 Dec 2016 5:37AM
Thumbs Up

Sam light was asking the race directors for navigation tips in the big briefing meeting. Aaron Hadlow calls out "You'll be alright mate, just follow me" and backs it up

great to see the legends of racing and tricks all out there. Nat Fyfe was there too!

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
5 Dec 2016 7:43AM
Thumbs Up

... is there a list of placings for the rest of the fleet?

Jono77
WA, 351 posts
5 Dec 2016 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

INTHELOOP said...
What happened to the dingo???

The Dingo has just been pulled down for some maintenance but unfortunately coincided with 130 kiters relying on it for navigation. Apparently will be back up in a couple of weeks.

www.perthnow.com.au/news/wa/fremantles-iconic-dingo-flour-sign-refurbished-after-76-years-ng-8dd9eba73c901907043d322e06d47f34

JoeMc
WA, 97 posts
5 Dec 2016 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome event and very well organized. Well done to tim and all the crew involved. My first time doing the event and hope to be back for many more!

dachopper
WA, 1790 posts
5 Dec 2016 6:56AM
Thumbs Up

Race report... The guy in first place arrived, minutes before the group in 2/3/4. If I had to guess, I would say Hadlow was closer to the 2nd place foil than 2nd place was to first, felt like that anyway

L2L
WA, 195 posts
5 Dec 2016 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

Congratulations and with massive thanks to everyone involved, especially the team at Rottnest Express and Rottnest Island who worked a concierge luggage service to allow 20 racers to all meet their late Sunday night flights to elsewhere in the world! Great job.

As well to ALL the volunteers from WAKSA and Fremantle Sailing Club. .

Sunday 4th December 2016 - without doubt the fastest, biggest and truly the best ever Red Bull Lighthouse to Leighton.

Yann77
WA, 20 posts
5 Dec 2016 9:23AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome day as always!! Thanks to all involve in the organisation!

Is there any way to get the times as well?

Underoath
QLD, 2433 posts
5 Dec 2016 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Well done to everyone.

I'm always the first to have a dig at foilers. But seriously, that's some incredible speed.

It would be interesting to know what the top speed was.

I'm guessing someone at some point went above the 70km/h mark. Flying!

mjhage
WA, 30 posts
5 Dec 2016 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Awesome race, is the a way to see times and catagory somewhere ?

CJ2478
NSW, 484 posts
5 Dec 2016 2:08PM
Thumbs Up

How did Hadlow beat foilers and everyone on a TT on a wakestyle board with boots and a C kite? Taking into consideration that there were guys like Olly Bridge racing TT (due to broken foil).

SydPete
WA, 64 posts
5 Dec 2016 12:08PM
Thumbs Up

Hadlow finished just behind me, he was bloody quick on that TT. Not catching weed would help, but no doubt he was super fast.

ewan kite
VIC, 926 posts
5 Dec 2016 3:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CJ2478 said..
How did Hadlow beat foilers and everyone on a TT on a wakestyle board with boots and a C kite? Taking into consideration that there were guys like Olly Bridge racing TT (due to broken foil).

Boots are definitely faster than footstraps, can hold down a lot more power. Also his new board is full carbon and fairly flat - more of a fast freestyle board than wakestyle, one of the fastest set ups you can have mixed with 16 years of kiting experience haha

Puetz
NT, 2177 posts
5 Dec 2016 2:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CJ2478 said..

... TT's are pretty fast if you can control them in lumpy water and seeing as their not racing upwind and just drag racing, why not?? Clearly Hadlow can control it!

GreenPat
QLD, 4083 posts
5 Dec 2016 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

I reckon boots would have saved me some time - the time I spent going back to get my board when it came off my feet in a crash about a third of the way in.

wdric
NSW, 1625 posts
5 Dec 2016 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Underoath said..

Nico said he averaged 31 knots

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
5 Dec 2016 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wdric said...
Underoath said..

Nico said he averaged 31 knots

Including jumping off weed 3 times!

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
5 Dec 2016 7:57PM
Thumbs Up

Just checked red bull tv
They had dancing comp but no kiting
Nuf said

Rob83
WA, 129 posts
5 Dec 2016 8:20PM
Thumbs Up

Is this just for pros or could someone with 2 to 3 years experience join ?

windywander
WA, 59 posts
5 Dec 2016 8:35PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rob83 said...
Is this just for pros or could someone with 2 to 3 years experience join ?

The forms etc say 100 hours experience. My take on it would be that you would want to be confident in a variety of conditions and crowds to enjoy it. Once you are started it is just one long tack, but getting off the beach and around in the crowd at the start line might test you in your first couple seasons.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
6 Dec 2016 8:22AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ewan kite said...
CJ2478 said..

Boots are definitely faster than footstraps, can hold down a lot more power. Also his new board is full carbon and fairly flat - more of a fast freestyle board than wakestyle, one of the fastest set ups you can have mixed with 16 years of kiting experience haha

Expecting you on start next year somebody gotta beat Aaron!

NorthernKitesAUS
QLD, 1071 posts
6 Dec 2016 2:55PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
INTHELOOP said..

ewan kite said...

CJ2478 said..

Well it's comforting to know it will never be you.

alty
WA, 62 posts
6 Dec 2016 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DylanJamo said..

INTHELOOP said..

ewan kite said...

CJ2478 said..

Actually INTHELOOP did beat Aaron - I believe he is talking about the twin tip category.

INTHELOOP
QLD, 1855 posts
6 Dec 2016 8:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DylanJamo said...
INTHELOOP said..

ewan kite said...

CJ2478 said..

Loftywinds lol

litekite
WA, 19 posts
6 Dec 2016 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

Awesome day for sure! It would be great if we could see what category racers were in, as well as overall placings and times, yes.

JoeMc
WA, 97 posts
7 Dec 2016 3:00PM
Thumbs Up

Does anybody know where the finishline photo's taken from the boat (not the beach) can be found?

Cheers

Joe

Jay9
4 posts
9 Dec 2016 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

2016 Race video edit by Sebastian Tron -

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"2016 RED BULL - LIGHTHOUSE TO LEIGHTON" started by L2L